Innovative Marine Aquariums

My cube

whofeelsitknowsit

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whofeelsitknowsit

They look nice, but shipping kills the deal. He used to ship to me via UPS ground (it always arrives next day), but apparently he won't do it anymore. Too bad for him.

whofeelsitknowsit

You'll never believe what I just did!

Water change!!!

That's right. First time in over 2 years.

So, to recap, in the last week, I have:

- Added a cleanup crew

- Replaced the fans

- Replaced the daylight bulb (which burned out over a year ago)

- Cleaned and quasi-fixed the hydor flo (although it still doesn't rotate smoothly)

- Thrown out the old bag of purigen in the first chamber and replaced it with new purigen

- Removed all the dead coral skeletons (rest in peace)

- Done a water change

photo-11.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm serious now.

Hey, does anything this guy can be saved?

photo-12.jpg

Used to be a duncan. Looks like there's still some living tissue there (In the one polyp anyway), but I haven't seen it extend in months.

whofeelsitknowsit

sealifeinc.net

They're good because the critters are cheap, but also priority shipping is only $14 (they don't make you pay for overnight).

whofeelsitknowsit

So I tried to get a rhizo on ebay over the weekend and I failed miserably and ended up with three zoa frags -- which are nice, but not what I wanted. I was aiming to get the rhizo and then throw in the zoas since I had to pay shipping (might as well maximize), but I ended up winning the zoa auctions and losing the rhizo. So now I’m stuck with zoas, and still no rhizo/dendro/duncan/balano.

Also the GSP frag I bought from a member on here a week ago finally arrived this morning. I'm not even sure if it's still alive.

Deleted User 6

from who? if you trust them to have a pest free tank, then you're fine. i'd at least do an iodine dip. if you don't have it, give them a good shaking when you finish acclimating before they go in the tank and look closely for pests (like flatworms...i'm paranoid of flatworms).

whofeelsitknowsit

Thanks. Stick around. This tank will rise from the dead and be awesome again.

So, this is the new, battered in transit GSP:

3362a65f.jpg

Will it survive?

If your lighting puts out enough PAR id give it a chance, My brother had a gsp in similar condition and it survived, that being said i would put it in the upper half of your tank

Archived