Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

Anyone ever call Cadlights? if so what number did you call, the ones that are posted on their site seem to be out of service? Let me know if you have good number.

Thanks

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone ever call Cadlights? if so what number did you call, the ones that are posted on their site seem to be out of service? Let me know if you have good number.

Thanks

1 (718) 763-8023 or 8024

Don't get blue; I have it and don't like it for 2 reasons:

1) Not fully opaque refugium light comes through.

2) Makes the color of the coraline that grows on it not as nice.

wow th is thread i started got big!! woo woO!

im getting mine on wednesday and other things on thursday. already installed my RO/DI and yummY! water taste good. (if you bypass DI filters)

that sucks though dropdesigh.. if cad does not fix your problem.. dont worry i will write bill gates a letter and have him send you $700!!!

Well, Eddie e-mailed me back today and let me know that because of the Holiday weekend my new lighting will be shipping out today. And to top it off he is hooking me up with some bonus Stuff. Too cool. I have found some fixes for my gripes about the tank so my outlook for this project is getting better. At this point I would say that any short comings that Cadlights may have, they are made up 10 fold by an unmatched customer service that is just unheard of in any business today. Now im going to quit b1tching about the tank, get it set up and start the cycle and post some pics.

Someone mentioned the 'fuge light coming through... on the Cadlights, how much light "spillage" comes from the 'fuge lights at night? Does it affect the look of the moonlights? Will it keep me awake at night if the tank is in my BR?

Thanks,

-George

well, my tank was blue and i do get some "spillage" in the tank, but not too much as you can still see the moolight effect. i dont think the black backgrounds have that problem. My LFS Island aquarium have the black one on display and it doesnt have any spillage even with the UV sterilizer in the back.

has anyone dropped the cooling fan unit into the water yet? i have and it seems to be working fine. it even said water proof design on the box, but just wanted to see if anyone had theirs crap out on them after falling in the tank.

thanks for making such an awesome thread Belatube!

I have light spillage with the blue; I cut a mead 5 start not book (the vinyl black opaque type) and I put it from the light down a couple of inches into the refugium to block the light. Much better...

Someone mentioned the 'fuge light coming through... on the Cadlights, how much light "spillage" comes from the 'fuge lights at night? Does it affect the look of the moonlights? Will it keep me awake at night if the tank is in my BR?

Thanks,

-George

I had light spillage as well but i made a nice cheap mod. Took the legs off added 2 small strips of velcro. No more overspill :D

Hydor wrote back to me today saying we that they shipped the NANO!! koralia last month so we should be getting them soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my tank and stand yesterday. Love the tank but am not pleased with the stand at all.

i went to oak express and bought a damaged oak rolltop desk.

removed everything off the top except the top of the desk

cut the space for the chair out and slid the sides together leaving an 24" hole, built a door from the scrap

BAM perfect oak desk with tons of storage for tank.

i went to oak express and bought a damaged oak rolltop desk.

removed everything off the top except the top of the desk

cut the space for the chair out and slid the sides together leaving an 24" hole, built a door from the scrap

BAM perfect oak desk with tons of storage for tank.

That is a great idea, I am going today to search for something better.

That is a great idea, I am going today to search for something better.

i also bought a damaged oak table cut it in half. used half as a base for the new stand and used the other half on the top for added strength.

maybe overkill, but better safe than sorry and together the 2 pieces cost me less then 100$.

go to furntiture row or any oak store....then ask where all the "scratch and dent" or damaged stuff is.

remember to measure twice and cut once.

have a plan.

While I didn't go the oak desk route. I did seek out a dif stand. Love the tank thought the stand looked like cheap office furniture. So I searched the local antique stores. Lucked out at one that was moving and having a ridiculous sale on some pretty nice pieces especially the big heavy stuff. Got a solid maple sideboard that was in great shape wood wise and decent finish. Paid a hundred was orig 275. Bought a bottle of finish restore and voila solid and attractive tank stand. It has clean lines and doesn't compete with the tank but compliments. Other cool thing is the center where the tank sits bumps out in a bow that echoes the tank. Biggest bonus for me though was all the storage since it has cabinets and drawers and the extra inches on each side of the tank to put stuff down. Went and got a couple pieces of faux black marble for the wood exposed on the sides. So I could just put something wet down and not worry ect. It was more than worth a little hunting and effort. Besides spent less on it than I would have a stand I did not care for in the first place.

While I didn't go the oak desk route. I did seek out a dif stand. Love the tank thought the stand looked like cheap office furniture. So I searched the local antique stores. Lucked out at one that was moving and having a ridiculous sale on some pretty nice pieces especially the big heavy stuff. Got a solid maple sideboard that was in great shape wood wise and decent finish. Paid a hundred was orig 275. Bought a bottle of finish restore and voila solid and attractive tank stand. It has clean lines and doesn't compete with the tank but compliments. Other cool thing is the center where the tank sits bumps out in a bow that echoes the tank. Biggest bonus for me though was all the storage since it has cabinets and drawers and the extra inches on each side of the tank to put stuff down. Went and got a couple pieces of faux black marble for the wood exposed on the sides. So I could just put something wet down and not worry ect. It was more than worth a little hunting and effort. Besides spent less on it than I would have a stand I did not care for in the first place.

Seems like more and more Cad owners are coming out. :D

Also, seems like most are not very pleased with the stands, but everyone does love their tanks. I am on the lookout for another stand as well, but I hate that it is keeping me from setting my tank up. Like you I would like to find one that looks nice and gives me a little more storage and work space. I am thankful for these forums and the pictures people post, becasue it sure helps a newbie like me out.

Good luck with your CAD and please keep in touch.

Ahhhh....I'm so jealous of you guys. My tank arrived last Wednesday, but it was broken. So I am waiting for the next one to ship out, it should take another week for it to get here. Patience is not easy for me!!! :)

I am using a bowfront stand that I had from another tank. I just lucked out in that this tank has almost the same footprint as my old 28 gallon tank. It's just plain black, but being the girl that I am, I spruced it up with some starfish door pulls.

Archived