Innovative Marine Aquariums

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a 34G sig series, having trouble nmaking bubbles for my skimmer, any help would be appreciated

Jeff

I just set my 34G up last weekend and had skimmer issues as well. A couple of problems I had were as follows:

Be sure the control valve is fully open.

Return line(black flexible hose) allowed too many bubbles to be trapped and caused a vapor lock. This caused the cup to overflow. I had to change to a simple vinyl hose. If you adjust your control valve and it is making no difference in the water level within the skimmer you may be having the same problem I did.

Also had to raise my skimmer up about 2-3 inches from the bottom to be able to control the flow.

Finally after about 5 days of running I was able to get everything under control.

Hope this helps.

i had the bubble issue too when i first set it up. i left the valve opened all the way for the first 2 days (lots of micro-bubles) then when the pressure stablized, i turned the valve slightly raising the water 1/2" ata time until the water level stayed constant at 1/2 way on the collection cup (that took about a day to adjust). i had micro bubbles for about 2 days after that, but you have to leave it alone and not adjust the valve. then the micro bubbles just miraculously diappeared!

i get about 1/3 a cup of PURE protein (Crap) once every 2 weeks. but its a great skimmer though, just gotta give it time.

sometimes when i mess up the pressure, i find it easier to just shut the whole thing down and re-pressurize it from the beginning.

hi, all,

i've got a 25g setup that i started in april. here's an fts (sorry for those of you that already saw this in the member's aquarium forum):

IMG_0778.jpg

there are three things i've had as issues:

1. the curved front makes it REALLY hard to clean.

2. if the tank level's fairly up to the top, the tank rim is really hard to clean.

3. no top. the glass cover i got with the order broke within 25 minutes of turning on the light. the replacement the finally sent me in july doesn't fit the 25.

other than that, i really like the tank, and it seems to be going well so far.

Looks good both Rehype and ReeferChicago. :) Definitely get a magnet cleaner if you can (the Nimble I'd highly recommend) as it'll make cleaning the curved fron a breeze. I have the "super" model and it'll even go around the corners of my Finnex with NO problems! :eek:

Looks good both Rehype and ReeferChicago. :) Definitely get a magnet cleaner if you can (the Nimble I'd highly recommend) as it'll make cleaning the curved fron a breeze. I have the "super" model and it'll even go around the corners of my Finnex with NO problems! :eek:

Thanks phix. Yea that super model does wonders and fits everywhere. Id say its a nano must buy.Get some pics on here soon kellie!! Cant wait to see it.

Thanks phix. Yea that super model does wonders and fits everywhere. Id say its a nano must buy.Get some pics on here soon kellie!! Cant wait to see it.

yes. well.

i'm feeling like i'm in between two generations here.

i'm too young to go get a money order.

i'm too old to have a paypal account.

i'll assume that since there seems to be demand for this product that either credit cards will soon be accepted or that someone else will take this opportunity and make a product like this available in stores or through secure credit cards. it looks like a great idea, and i'll buy one as soon as i can. 'til cards are accepted, i'll just have to struggle.

ah, capitalism.

Alright guys, I will work on getting some pics up this weekend. All that is in there right now is water & sand. I am going on a live rock hunt on Saturday! :)

I have to say, I am blown away by the amount of lighting on this tank. This is my first MH tank, the shimmer effect is awesome!

The only trouble I am having at the moment is keeping the oscillator on the return. It seems to keep put for a day or so, but I always find it laying in the sand. Any suggestions?

Alright guys, I will work on getting some pics up this weekend. All that is in there right now is water & sand. I am going on a live rock hunt on Saturday! :)

I have to say, I am blown away by the amount of lighting on this tank. This is my first MH tank, the shimmer effect is awesome!

The only trouble I am having at the moment is keeping the oscillator on the return. It seems to keep put for a day or so, but I always find it laying in the sand. Any suggestions?

i took mines off it was getting in the way of my aquascaping :happy:

I think I will try the glue method. Thanks!

The oscillator seems to get the water moving pretty good, but it kicks up so much sand. I hate seeing a big hole to the bottom glass.

I will be filling up my 34g CAD lights signature series today!! I already got my 40 pounds of Uaniva and some tonga deepwater branch brewing in my curing tub. I actaully kind of like the stand. Had a couple issues to start, but Eddie solved them and then some. Top notch customer service to say the least. Just mixing some tropic marin reef pro as we speak. Will try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Would it be ok to use some of the uncured rock in the refugium right away? I have no livestock so it really shouldnt matter right?

Also, where do I want the water level in the skimmer? Havent been collecting much gunk in my curing tub. Can anyone give me more insight on what to do with the skimmer setup? Thanks.

I will be filling up my 34g CAD lights signature series today!! I already got my 40 pounds of Uaniva and some tonga deepwater branch brewing in my curing tub. I actaully kind of like the stand. Had a couple issues to start, but Eddie solved them and then some. Top notch customer service to say the least. Just mixing some tropic marin reef pro as we speak. Will try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Would it be ok to use some of the uncured rock in the refugium right away? I have no livestock so it really shouldnt matter right?

Also, where do I want the water level in the skimmer? Havent been collecting much gunk in my curing tub. Can anyone give me more insight on what to do with the skimmer setup? Thanks.

I just set my 34G up last weekend and had skimmer issues as well. A couple of problems I had were as follows:

Return line(black flexible hose) allowed too many bubbles to be trapped and caused a vapor lock. This caused the cup to overflow. I had to change to a simple vinyl hose. If you adjust your control valve and it is making no difference in the water level within the skimmer you may be having the same problem I did.

Also had to raise my skimmer up about 2-3 inches from the bottom to be able to control the flow.

Finally after about 5 days of running I was able to get everything under control.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

I'm in the process of setting mine up this weekend! :lol:

I had exactly the same issues with the return hose on the skimmer and replaced it with simple tubing... that fixed everything. Most skimmers are sensitive to back pressure on the return, so you don't want anything that might impede the flow out other than the flow valve (even something minor like a corrugated hose). I also have my skimmer sitting up a few inches.

Live rock comes tomorrow whoo hoo!

I'm in the process of setting mine up this weekend! :lol:

I had exactly the same issues with the return hose on the skimmer and replaced it with simple tubing... that fixed everything. Most skimmers are sensitive to back pressure on the return, so you don't want anything that might impede the flow out other than the flow valve (even something minor like a corrugated hose). I also have my skimmer sitting up a few inches.

Live rock comes tomorrow whoo hoo!

This forum sure is help isn't it! :D

I love my tank and cannot recommend enough a Reefkeeper 2. It is expensive but well worth it.

Best of luck with your setup and please post some pics so we can all keep up with each others progress.

Hope this helps.

Have you had any issues with microbubbles? I didnt at first but now i do. For the last few weeks i havent been running it at all. Not a big deal..i dont mind going skimmerless since i do enough water changes and run an additional fuge water quality is great. But i was just wondering in case i desire to run it again.

Archived