ReefCleaners.org

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i only use the canopy when i need it for kids and such. now that my kids dont bother the tank i mostly leave the canopy off. it actually looks better and the evaporation is the same.

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! My first Cadlights arrived two weeks ago in about 2000 pieces, my new one is being delivered today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed..... :)

Thought I'd post this here, since not everyone visits the CADLIGHT forums.

I just thought I'd share this with fellow Cadlight tank owners. Hell, maybe Eddie would like to know what I did. I noticed some heat issues at times with my 5g cadlights tank with the T5 bulbs (this was only recently when temps here in WI got up in the high 80s) so I knew there would be a even bigger issues with my 25g and HQI lighting. So one day I was just looking at me tank and thought "I really only need a lid for the front lip!" The rest is history.

Modified Cadlights tank lid

TankLid.jpg

How I modified it incase anyone is wondering: The tank lid is two pieces of glass joined by a flexible black plastic piece of h channel. The h channel allows one to lift up the front lid and place their hand in the tank without removing the whole lid. This is not possible if you have big hands, like myself! :) When the lid is on it is maybe 1/4 inch away from the HQI bulbs and gets extremely hot in the matter of minutes. I'm not to thrilled in the amount of heat this lid will trap in my tank not-to-mention the pain it is to remove everytime I want to get in my tank . I decided to pull the front peice of glass out of the h channel (very easy to do) and just place in on the front allowing the tank to stay a bit cooler. :) This would be easy to make for all you DIY'er if you're worried about your fish jumping out.

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited! My first Cadlights arrived two weeks ago in about 2000 pieces, my new one is being delivered today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed..... :)

Hey Kellie good luck today with your CAD. My bet is it going to be perfect! :D

Thanks Rodney! :happy: I'm taking off a little early from work today so I can check it out. I have been waiting a month for this tank now, I am not a patient girl!!!

Thanks Rodney! :happy: I'm taking off a little early from work today so I can check it out. I have been waiting a month for this tank now, I am not a patient girl!!!

I could not decide where to put my tank home or work. I finally decided to put it at work since that is where I spend most of my time.

I have my CAD all put together but have not even leak tested it yet. I have been reading directions on my Reefkeeper2 and JBJ ATO. I am going to have about twice as many power cords as I originally thought so I am doing my best to figure a way of making them look decent.

Let all of us know as soon as you know the condition of your! :D

I need to ask everyone with HQI lighting who is using the grey stock light stand. When working in your tank, how do prop up your lights so they don't fall down? This is the one thing I don't like about these lights. I wish there was some sort of leg designed into the light stand to keep the lights up so you can work in the tank. Does this bother anyone else?

I need to ask everyone with HQI lighting who is using the grey stock light stand. When working in your tank, how do prop up your lights so they don't fall down? This is the one thing I don't like about these lights. I wish there was some sort of leg designed into the light stand to keep the lights up so you can work in the tank. Does this bother anyone else?

yes, it bothers me every time I work in my tank!!!

Basically every night :D

I finally took the plunge and ordered my C.A.D 34g signature series last night, minus (U.V sterlizer). It should be here by the weekend. I also got (1) Koralia #1 and (1) Koralia #2 with the JBJ ocean pulse controller. Im trying to figure out where to get my liverock as there isnt any good local fishstores with premium rock. Anyone have anygood experience with ordering theirs online? If so I would love to know where from. Im also looking for any suggestions with setting up my refugium, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Special thanks to Eddie at C.A.D lights and Ken from oceanreeflections, they were both great help and provided first rate service.

I could not decide where to put my tank home or work. I finally decided to put it at work since that is where I spend most of my time.

I have my CAD all put together but have not even leak tested it yet. I have been reading directions on my Reefkeeper2 and JBJ ATO. I am going to have about twice as many power cords as I originally thought so I am doing my best to figure a way of making them look decent.

Let all of us know as soon as you know the condition of your! :D

I dunno if it's possible with an RK2, but with my ACjr I programmed it first before plugging it in and everything else into it. That way it was a breeze to plug in and nothing to fuss with once the last outlet was filled with a plug. Also easier to program on a table than on the wall where I put mine at. I used industrial stength velcro though instead of the provided double side tape just for easier programming and such.

Kellie, good luck and I hope your tank comes in one piece! B)

mine didn't turn on the first time i got it. i had to re-seat the bulb in order for it to work. just make sure you don't get any finger prints on the glass part of the bulb. i used a glove when handling the bulb.

Archived