Pod Your Reef

7gal.w/sump

lil'wrasse cool

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a wonderful thread. Great pics, definitely going to be using these great ideas on my upcoming 10gal. Anything you would do differently if you had the chance?

lil'wrasse cool

Thank you, Thank you... well maybe a little bigger tank would be nice, but I wanted a nano so...The only thing I could do better is have more money, haha... so far I love the little tank. no big probs... would like more lite and a skimmer to run part time... besides that I'm happy.

Thank you, Thank you... well maybe a little bigger tank would be nice, but I wanted a nano so...The only thing I could do better is have more money, haha... so far I love the little tank. no big probs... would like more lite and a skimmer to run part time... besides that I'm happy.

What made you think that you would want some skimming involved? just curious

lil'wrasse cool

well its been about 7 months without it...But I have hear its a good idea to skim for a few hours before a water change...On such a small tank I dont think it would be a good idea to skim 24/7... but something I'd like to try, just to see...thats why I'm waiting for a good deal on a local forum...Found one but I tried to low ball her, so the wait continues....

well its been about 7 months without it...But I have hear its a good idea to skim for a few hours before a water change...On such a small tank I dont think it would be a good idea to skim 24/7... but something I'd like to try, just to see...thats why I'm waiting for a good deal on a local forum...Found one but I tried to low ball her, so the wait continues....

Thank you for your quick response!

^^^ Very pretty!!

Your fish sure look great in one of the previous pics...

Wow, $80 in frags so far, eh? Not bad!

Lol, glad to know I'm not the only one still feeling like I'm just getting over Christmas...:D

--Diane

• 2 weeks later...
lil'wrasse cool

IMG_2208.jpg

So looks like I'm going to start over...

3 T5 HO's, a skimmer, also the getto ato. Only have one so far but the other 2 strip lights should be ready for me tomorrow. I went with 3 strip lights because I wanted max light without going MH.. Also these were the only ones I could find that would let me to fit 3 above my display...I was looking at all kinds of 2 bulb fixtures but they would max out the area above the tank. These are 2.25 inches wide so can get 3 in the 7" space. Only other thing I could do was add another t5 no 2 lamper,The 3 HO puts out way more light 4 NO's so...

also added a skimmer not sure if I really needed it but...we will see...

New plans..

Less LR in the display, going to smash up most of it and put it in the fuge..just have some pieces in the display for the fish to hide (circle?) that way I can get good flow with less dead spots, then add a few larger sps's., large for a 10 gal that is haha...with room to grow of course...

Going to do more research on keeping sps, but I think I have a good handle on it...think I'm going to ask EZ if I could get away with a clam...Also find away that I can dose without clogging my ato dripper. Found a few ways just need to test...

after selling my current coral and some equipment I should have some money to spare lol...makes me think back to a say'n."do it rite the first time" oh well it gave me a chance to get to know my tank and work out some of the bugs...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, nice tank, i dont have time to read through this whole thread and i dont know if this has been stated or asked previously but where did you get the sheet of glass/acrylic/plexi glass for the false wall from? Also, was it pre-cut for you? (the corner)

• 1 month later...

Great tank! I was wondering how you connected that powerhead to the locline? I have a maxijet ghetoo-rigged into some locline right now but yours looks really nice and solid. Any help would be great, like what parts you used and whatnot. The new lights look great too!

• 1 month later...
lil'wrasse cool

think this tank is coming to a end...

down sizing..or up sizing??

got a 5 gal bow today, painted it.. got some plex and glue/weld stuff, for the overflow.. gonna shop for some fittings this weekend, see what i can rig up...

Thinking of going with a 10 gal sump, but i got a unused 20g sump in the back room, might be over kill tho...might be nice with a slow flow?

also lighting is part of the thought process..juss gonna be a softy tank so lots of choices...

I will get a pic up of its last days...

• 2 weeks later...
think this tank is coming to a end...

down sizing..or up sizing??

got a 5 gal bow today, painted it.. got some plex and glue/weld stuff, for the overflow.. gonna shop for some fittings this weekend, see what i can rig up...

Thinking of going with a 10 gal sump, but i got a unused 20g sump in the back room, might be over kill tho...might be nice with a slow flow?

also lighting is part of the thought process..juss gonna be a softy tank so lots of choices...

I will get a pic up of its last days...

Damnit. I'm from Winnipeg too and I was trying to find any fellow Winnipeg nano-ers on here and when I finally do, it turns out they are taking down their tank! Just my luck eh? Well, I hope you start a thread here about your "pico but not really reef".

I am in the midst of planning my 10 gallon nano so I was just looking for some advice on what places are good for marine fish/corals.

So, what is your LFS you talked about here? It seems as though most of the "good" LFS are closer to/in the north end and I'm in the south end...so it's a bit of a trek for me to check them all out.

Also, what is on your fish stocking list nowadays? (I see a clown...I think)

- Jordan

P.S. Your tank was pretty awesome while it lasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived