Pod Your Reef

7gal.w/sump

lil'wrasse cool

lil'wrasse cool

ya guess it is kinda cheap...into it for $296 to be exact...but I had the light,tank,pump,pail of salt..so the 296 was just stocking....with everything guess I'd be at about $600 to this stage...but I like it so far...no algea break outs at all..cept for diatoms the first week and again after adding fish...but just on the sand...plus you can build to what you want...Me I dont like the cube look...so a AP would not be a tank I'd look for..as of right now no probs at all..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lil'wrasse cool

more pic....picked up some small frags...rare aroud here so...got lucky I guess...

first some zoas I think they are watermelons not 100% though..

IMG_2089.jpg

glued them beside the dragoneyes...almost same colour but dif skirt....think it'll look nice when they grow out...

IMG_2090.jpg

oh and purple star polips...found a guy with white ones too...waiting for the frag day...

IMG_2091.jpg

the 3 types I now have.. bad pic but tryn to get some to stick to the lock line this time...

IMG_2098.jpg

and this monster....korila NANO doesnt look nano in my tank looks masive...

IMG_2095.jpg

lil'wrasse cool

oh also traded the starfish in for the star polips ti a local reefer...couldnt decide on the green or white bubble coral so got the nano pump instead...next time....

lil'wrasse cool

Hahaha juss spent about a hour looking at other members tanks.... Most remarks are about flaming the tanks...hahaha guess the 3000+ veiws and a hand full of remarks is a verry good thing... guess I'm doing well.... No one hate my aqauscape or livestock....haha whatever thanks for looking anyway.....

Tank is now about 18 weeks old... perams are great... algea outbreaks....not on the LR just on the sand time to time...the korila should slow that... but no cyano or hair algea (yet) ....I like this little tank....think the fuge is doing a great job!!!

SOMEONE FLAME.... NEED TO FIND SOMETHING TO IMPROVE....well lighting is a give in but other then that...oh and guess a skimmer is a maybe too...besides that though....(not sure I really want a skimmer,almost bought one but backed out of it.)

lil'wrasse cool

OH SHAT!!!! I moved some rock from the fuge to the display.......the big red eye crab is back in the display....must been there for aleast 2 weeks no coral has been eaten....perhaps safe???? I did see it munching on cheato when it was in the fuge....had a perfict chance to take a pic but the batteries died errr....

lil'wrasse cool

haha that what I thought too...but it is gone now so....

back to the crab....just found this on another site

"Just a very basic rule = if it has pointed tips on it's claws; it's a predator. Another thing to look for is red eyes (normally indicates a nocturnal feeder). Add pointed-claws + red eyes = really something to worry about...as it will be hunting when the rest of the tank is having a nap, and are more at risk."

thats it to a T pointed claws and red eyes...shat guess I'll be hunting tonite....took a few day the first time... also had half the rock...

lil'wrasse--

Those are some very sweet macro pics you've been posting of late! Great job! Nice frag finds, too.

Funny story about the crab...funny since I don't have to deal with it, that is... :D Since it's a nocturnal hunter, I'll bet you could trap it in a glass...

Glad you were able to take the star back...

Know whacha mean about flaming of late--I don't like it at all! You just started your thread back in a more considerate time. I wouldn't encourage anyone to start on here now!

--Diane

• 3 weeks later...
lil'wrasse cool

K nothing really new...getting pep shrimp on tues pre paid...Hope it takes care of the apts...thought they would be fine in the sump...nope...took over the display...

so just some shots...Coraline is taking over...good sign I guess..

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

Gorgeous coralline, lw! Everything looks nice. That blue shroom sure looks happy. :)

Bummer about the aips in the main tank! Hope your pep works out. From what I hear, some are gung ho on aips, some not.

--Diane

Diane your photography is amazing. Hard to do closeups. Do you mind telling me what camera you got? Mine blurs because it always uses auto focus at the last second.

lil'wrasse cool

haha...Your on my page to much Diane...LoL

But if you do mean me??? I have a Canon A430..I think its kinda crap...bout 2 years old

Didn't like the look of the nano pump, so I hid it..kinda haha...Looks more natural again..yay..

IMG_2142.jpg

You just moved it down?

I agree--new look very nice.

--Diane

• 1 month later...
lil'wrasse cool

Ha been a wile since my last post...not much has changed sold some coral for extra funds for lighting...never did get the lite haha...here is some pics of my getto ato...

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

Ha been a wile since my last post...not much has changed sold some coral for extra funds for lighting...never did get the lite haha...here is some pics of my getto ato...

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

That is very intriguing! Could you please explain how it works? I am very dense about these things...I can't figure out why all the water in the jug doesn't flow out... :blush:

--Diane

lil'wrasse cool

well it all starts with the jug of water...haha 2 holes drilled in the lid on for the water to drain down to the tank, one to blow in to get the flow started... then just a air line valve to control water flow...it drips at around 1 drip every 6 secs. This works well at keeping the s.g. in check, not sure how well it would work with dosing kalk water...could see the valve getting clogged...

congrats Diane on the totm win....

well it all starts with the jug of water...haha 2 holes drilled in the lid on for the water to drain down to the tank, one to blow in to get the flow started... then just a air line valve to control water flow...it drips at around 1 drip every 6 secs. This works well at keeping the s.g. in check, not sure how well it would work with dosing kalk water...could see the valve getting clogged...

congrats Diane on the totm win....

Could you plz post a pic of this control valve? when you have some time?

thanks

bzphotog

lil'wrasse cool

I went back to the one I used before, like the control more...Its a adjustable splitter with one side blocked off...

IMG_2200.jpg

Its been about 2 months since my last update. So here it is... Like I said before I sold $80 of coral still have small frags of everything I sold (scattered around in the tank) Still plan to update my lites, think I'll just shell out the $200 on some more T5s HO... Also wish I didnt try to low ball a girl on a local forum for a taam nano skimmer should of just gave her what she was asking... Besides that not much new. Still recovering from xmas haha, plus tuition coming up but after that should be good to go again $$$ wise...

Sad notes lost a colony of pallys, they are not totaly dead yet but close... Think some may, its the only place in the tank that I'm getting cyano could be the D.O.M. from the dead zoas, but after i suck it off I still see a little sign of life after...also the one head of hammer I have is going down hill too..I didnt look to healthy when I bought it but did come back nice, then back to what it was...

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

Archived