ReefCleaners.org

7gal.w/sump

lil'wrasse cool

lil'wrasse cool

just a update for me and any passers by... Got a new leather. Got my dealer to frag me a piece off a big one for $10. tomorrow I think I'm getting some nice blue zoas... If dude calls me... and tonight I'm going to frag a toadstool off my buddy.. I gave him 3 toadstool frags when I thought I was moving out of the city... well gave him alot more then that but... Not going to ask for it back haha... just going to frag it back...

here is my fts update so much more coaraline on the rocks then from the start...

IMG_1968.jpg

And a pic that I think is nice

IMG_1975.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lil'wrasse cool

Thanks... I love the new leather have not got a full ID on it yet but it looks like a purple/green flowing birdsnest so I'm liken that... The gsp has doubled in size already after taking it off the lock line....all zoas are looking great too! everything is doing good cept..... getting some cyno on the sand... Nitrate 0 amon 0 ... love that nitrates are zero... was not to fully sure the small fuge would work to well... so it's ether over feeding or some phosphates in the water.... never used tap water once in the tank....can they get in any other way??? but its just so hard to feed the goby he will not go more then 6" away from his hole... but It has been 2 week from the last water change so I'll do that tonight and suck some of it out...Thanks diane you give me a reason to post pics haha..But the good thing is lots of people look but they dont say anything so thats good cuz most coments are on what you SHOULD DO!!! haha jk thanks though

haha ya guess phosphates can get in though feeding... I knew that haha

lil'wrasse cool
cyano on the sand means your not getting enough flow to that area.

Thats what I would think too ...... but it grows the most in the highest flow area of the tank.... also none on the rocks at all.... no Ditoms no hair algea no cyano.. only coraline,on the rocks... Being 3 months old, fish being added like a month ago... I figgered the bio load with the fish will spark a bloom, with the added food and waste... but since its on the sand only and mostly in high flow areas it's go me puzzled... I will be adding a nano Korila if I can get one... but still I find it kinda funny?

I did do about a gallon water change today also sucked out the ugly stuff...

Maaybe the sand is going through a bacteria phaze... also notice alot of bubbles coming from the sand.... Nit.oxcide?

Also I think if I added a fish that would swim around and brush by the sand once in a wile might help too... how bout a sand sifter gobby and a prawn gobby in the same 10g..?

The area by the gobby is nice...

Your system is still pretty young, and probably still adjusting to the new additions...I would give it time and just keep up with the water changes and siphoning as you are doing. BTW, I don't think it's a matter of cyano "getting in" some way--I suspect it is always present and just shows itself when conditions are right. (Right for cyano, that is!)

How about some Nassarius to stir the sand? Would not add so much to your bioload and they'd also take care of any uneaten food...

--D

lil'wrasse cool

I was going to get some Nassarius but cant find any haha wtf???? also looking a conchs but I dont think my system is big enough for one.... I have to do some resurch on a couple thing just been lazy.... Thanks for all the help though...

avalanche1201

man haven't seen this thread since u got rid of the white egg crate...its looking real nice and i love that red hi fin...he's a sweet fish

lil'wrasse cool

its a Fromia milleporella (red seastar) I know not the best choice for my nano....But I'll give it a shot...acclamaited him for 5 hours.... The also got another 10gal nono a yellow wrasse....

I think "2 pcs of glass" is the best kind of top. I replaced my ready-made glass top with a couple of glass-shop cut pieces and got rid of the big black plastic hinge... The glass really cuts down on evaporation and eliminates carpet surfing fish...

Speaking of fish--why not get another bi-colored blenny? Or interesting goby/gobies...I just find these sorts of fish so full of personality...

OK, if you insist, here's a softy pic--Xenia & shrooms:

dscn0937largebp2.jpg

:D

--Diane

Those shrooms are amazing! :wub:

Fuge light 9 watt cf from wal mart for $10

IMG_1882.jpg

$10 at walmart? Its clip on? I want one...what section did you buy it in and what did the box look like? I've looked at Walmart for lights and never saw one like that.

Thx! Your tanks looks good so far, BTW. Always love threads like this with pictures updated regularly. The star is too cute. Hope it does alright.

lil'wrasse cool

um I got it from the desk lite area....Its not a clip-on, sure you could do a mod though.. But what I did was cut a 2X2 peice of wood and paint it black....So it sits there just at a good hight....also put a piece of glass to prtect fom any spashing that may happen.... Hope these pics help you with your seach... Also this was bought in Canada so...?The had all types of cf's for more $$$ but I cheeeeeeped out muhahaha...

IMG_2038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
lil'wrasse cool

something kinda neat.. the crab I banished to the fuge in the first week...its still alive.(have not seen it in over a month) have not really looked for it though...but ya still alive I was just watching it chow down on a piece of cheato... So thats cool keeps my cheato in check...

lil'wrasse cool

coral growth has been doing great over the last few weeks....even just under T5 NOs

just a neat pic (I think) under

IMG_1953.jpg

5 weeks later

IMG_2084.jpg

Great looking tank. I can't decide on an AP 12 or making my own 10 AGA. You have definitely given a point for making my own AIO. I also like the fact that you haven't spent too much money on it and it still looks amazing. Keep up the great work.

Archived