Cultivated Reef

Eric Borneman coral controversy!

RayWhisperer

If I were a girl I would find this all very creepy.

(At least let her get addicted before you ask these sort of things)

*sheesh* nooobs :P

Hahaha... don't worry, I've been repeatedly banned from 3 of the major forums, so I cherish these precious few from which I'm not yet banned. Besides, like I said, you guys were my first when I registered in 2005... so, technically, I'm not a noob. ;)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick question, i know he returned dead and dieing corals, but are any of the corals "lost" or missing? I never realy understood what the big fuss was over this eric borneman guy, always seemed like some uptight "high and mighty" a-hole to me.

I don't know... the inventory of the collected corals is a bit too vague for me to make out just what was initially collected. So it's hard to figure out how many died and/or if any where "missing."

I don't know... the inventory of the collected corals is a bit too vague for me to make out just what was initially collected. So it's hard to figure out how many died and/or if any where "missing."

or how many will become permanent residents of EB's or other experts tanks.

ReefApprentice

Isn't this national fraud? You can't get a permit and abuse it, it's worse than not getting a permit because then it is obvious that you know you are breaking a law.

I'm not going to comment on if this is fraud or not... because I honestly don't know. And I don't think we have enough information yet to know for sure one way or another. However, I will say this, the fact that he hasn't yet been prosecuted doesn't necessarily prove it wasn't.

I didnt want to get involved in this. ....and many others, you were not there, your information is not accurate.....probably because you only have one side of the story. Your dates are wrong, your understanding of the "free" care that was administered to the corals is wrong, and there is still so much more that i am learning because there was a whole bunch of DISHONESTY!!! we'll just leave it at that. no, lets go a little further since you two dont seem to mind.

FYI the corals were taken care of under my expert care, and i promise, that i grow coral with the best of them. After nine to ten months of loving care, i grew tired of unfulfilled promises and shady dealings and i had to do something to support my wife and soon to be born child. Running a facility of this size is tremendously expensive and up until that point, i had not recieved ANYTHING.....except more instructions on what I was supposed to do The burden of care was then shifted solely on to Mr. Borneman for the final few months. I went to Indonesia for business but i had to return because i was OBLIGATED to do so. I cut my trip short, to come back and deal with a wicked mess that someone else left, i started dialogue with the Keys management.I shipped approx. 35 large boxes of "live" coral back to the Keys, before Borneman took me to court under a erroneous accusation that was immediately thrown out.

I didnt want to get into this, but i am NOT willing to allow two people who dont know crap from shinola come on here and state second hand information from someone who wont say it himself. It doesnt matter anyway, i got screwed, and i let this go, fair dinkum. This whole thread is tired, and just needs to fizzle into oblivion. The project is over with, the corals have been returned to their rightful owners(willingly) and all parties involved are OVER this.

Let it go.

Reef Savers Inc.

lol @ EB

neanderthalman

You know, the more I think about this, the more I'm thinking that some sort of sabotage must have occurred. :ninja:

Anyone?

I didnt want to get involved in this. ....and many others, you were not there, your information is not accurate.....probably because you only have one side of the story. Your dates are wrong, your understanding of the "free" care that was administered to the corals is wrong, and there is still so much more that i am learning because there was a whole bunch of DISHONESTY!!! we'll just leave it at that. no, lets go a little further since you two dont seem to mind.

FYI the corals were taken care of under my expert care, and i promise, that i grow coral with the best of them. After nine to ten months of loving care, i grew tired of unfulfilled promises and shady dealings and i had to do something to support my wife and soon to be born child. Running a facility of this size is tremendously expensive and up until that point, i had not recieved ANYTHING.....except more instructions on what I was supposed to do The burden of care was then shifted solely on to Mr. Borneman for the final few months. I went to Indonesia for business but i had to return because i was OBLIGATED to do so. I cut my trip short, to come back and deal with a wicked mess that someone else left, i started dialogue with the Keys management.I shipped approx. 35 large boxes of "live" coral back to the Keys, before Borneman took me to court under a erroneous accusation that was immediately thrown out.

I didnt want to get into this, but i am NOT willing to allow two people who dont know crap from shinola come on here and state second hand information from someone who wont say it himself. It doesnt matter anyway, i got screwed, and i let this go, fair dinkum. This whole thread is tired, and just needs to fizzle into oblivion. The project is over with, the corals have been returned to their rightful owners(willingly) and all parties involved are OVER this.

Let it go.

Reef Savers Inc.

pwnt, lol.

tims, a mod, posted this at TRT

you know, this experience has gotten me "outta the house" and browsing other reef boards for the first time in probably a year or so.

not to take anything away from the other forums, i mean some have "experts" and everything, but NR just pwns all.

JUST AN OBSERVATION

Chupacabras
not to take anything away from the other forums, i mean some have "experts" and everything, but NR just pwns all.
Heavens forbid, a forum where its acknowledged that there are many ways of doing things and others opinions are usually respected.
I enjoy this site the most because we don't have any self-proclaimed experts.

I think U just forgot about the people who are smart enough to talk the tangs and madarins languages and know for sure they are unhappy in most peoples tank here because they were told by the fishes themselves :x

Quoted for relevance:

"How do you know the animals in your tanks are comfortable? Do you speak fish? Shrimp? SPS? If so, please stop by my house and ask my corals to grow a little faster. Afterwards, I'll kick you in the nuts and call you a loser."

~ JMT

Truck_Under_Water
OMG!

Link

All i know for sure is that, i've got a big bag of crabs here. and, well, i'm going to put them in my mouth, oh yes :lol:

funniest thing ive seen all week. carry on.

The Propagator

Yeah I know.

He knows me prety well under a different name on R.D.O too.

I got banned for saying EB was lying about the sabotage.

Now he knows what I ment though dosent he !

Borneman took me to court under a erroneous accusation that was immediately thrown out.

I mean seriously guys. DO you realy think that was sabotage?

I mean come on. How can anyone here with half and education at all come to that conclusion?

There wasnt another soul in his house brother.

The salt by the curb side, the soggy mess behind the wall where the skimmer exited on the outside of the house THAT CAME FROM THE SKIMMER WASTE OVER FLOW DUHHHHH....

It was just an accident. Thats all. there is or was no conspiracey against the Great Borneman. The thought that any one in his position would imediately think that is obsurd !! UNLESSS......he knows somthing he did was wrong, he screwed over the wrong people and expected payback in his head? Which I sincerely doubt any one involved in tat fiasco ( the coral taken from Florida) would want any more attention drawn to them then they already had.

Who is so vane to think that they are so important in the reefing, or comunity at large for that matter, that they would be targeted by jealous villans for sabotage Batman style?

maybe it's completely reef-world unrelated, like he cut somebody off in traffic and the road-rager followed him home and uh.... decided to change the salinity on his... um...

nevermind

Archived