Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Eric Borneman coral controversy!

RayWhisperer

Since we're all sharing... I think the moment I started seriously questioning EB as a scientist/researcher is when he mentioned having "tasted" the white residue along the gutters outside his house and thus concluding it must be salt (from water drained from his tanks by the mysterious villain). Now, I could be wrong, but in my opinion, when you start licking pavement to gather data... well, I'm not sure that can mean anything good.

Thats not too bad. Its when you see him dressed up as Princess Lea and doing that, then i'd be worried.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since we're all sharing... I think the moment I started seriously questioning EB as a scientist/researcher is when he mentioned having "tasted" the white residue along the gutters outside his house and thus concluding it must be salt (from water drained from his tanks by the mysterious villain). Now, I could be wrong, but in my opinion, when you start licking pavement to gather data... well, I'm not sure that can mean anything good.

LMFAO I hadn't heard that.

If he didn't have his 'tude nobody would have a problem with him, but since he enjoys acting like he's infallible then when he does make a mistake (which ironically is fairly often) he gets ripped a new one. He's bringing this all upon himself.

Well, Buddha, maybe not Princess Lea... but I do think he may have been dressed as the Hamburgler at MACNA last year...

If he didn't have his 'tude nobody would have a problem with him, but since he enjoys acting like he's infallible then when he does make a mistake (which ironically is fairly often) he gets ripped a new one. He's bringing this all upon himself.

Agreed. Like I said... I wouldn't have torn apart his salt study if he had just admitted that it was a hobby project and not rigorous science. When he started talking about ANOVA and telling everyone that the study design was "quite rigorous," I almost felt *obligated* to explain to people why I thought what he was saying was just wrong.

modularduck

Having never met EB he sound like (and from all i've read) like perhaps he has been making bathtub crank and needs to go to rehab.

EDIT: keep in mind i generally think everyone is on drugs and have a great disdain for most people other than those whom show themselves worthy of repect. LOL i sound pompous..

Wasn't EB gonna leave the hobby after that?

Bleh. He's EB. I'd imagine numerous people took advantage of the opportunity to brown nose and he probably got the tank up and going again with in a few weeks time.

Actually I was trying to be an over-simplistic ass. I've never been a fan of EB.
well, thanks a lot! i thought you were being sincere.

i'm such a trusting sap. ...well, that does explain the two divorces though. *head-smack!*

thanks for the linky though. i did try to look for it. a little. whatevah.

sooooo, when is sih gonna post some pics? i mean, it'll purely be for rigorous research...ing, of course. :naughtydance:

ReefApprentice

Wow, Igreen he was a jerk to you!

Personally, I think he is just trying to cover his screwup by blaming it on other people. Accept the fact that things break, and that things screwup.

The Propagator
OMG!

Link

YOU SON OF A BIATCH !!!!

IT TOOK ME 5 DAYS TO GET THAT SONG OUT OF MY HEAD AND YOU JUST PUT IT BACK IN !!!

( You better hope I never see your lab partner. Atomic wedgie for you my friend. center stage.)

:haha:

lgreen - I just read Eric's response to your post in the "leaving the hobby for awhile" thread (I had never read it before). I can not stop laughing! He totally ranted at you like a little girl. I love his response to your suggestion that he have an experienced reefer with plumbing experience come look things over. LOL

Seriously... why would ANYONE in this hobby think themselves so beyond error? No matter how good you are at something, it never hurts to have a second opinion. And no matter how smart and experienced you are... I don't think we should ever be so unwilling to consider another perspective, welcome another set of eyes, ears etc. (especially when something goes wrong).

lgreen - I just read Eric's response to your post in the "leaving the hobby for awhile" thread (I had never read it before). I can not stop laughing! He totally ranted at you like a little girl. I love his response to your suggestion that he have an experienced reefer with plumbing experience come look things over. LOL

Seriously... why would ANYONE in this hobby think themselves so beyond error? No matter how good you are at something, it never hurts to have a second opinion. And no matter how smart and experienced you are... I don't think we should ever be so unwilling to consider another perspective, welcome another set of eyes, ears etc. (especially when something goes wrong).

I'm not seeing any pictures....

at least post the un-edited one from before, we deserve that...

mmmm...eye candy. Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

wait...which candy are you talking about?

:naughtydance:

ps...welcome to pervert-reef.com. j/k. don't worry, it never goes beyond the pics, although what tiny does in his free time is none of my business.

ReefApprentice

I mean, if it were an argument between him and other peeps about the needs of a certain coral, hands down I'd believe him. This however, is not about aquariums, it is about physics and plumbing, both of which I doubt he is a real genious in.

I mean, if it were an argument between him and other peeps about the needs of a certain coral, hands down I'd believe him. This however, is not about aquariums, it is about physics and plumbing, both of which I doubt he is a real genious in.

meh, just leave him be. he still took a big loss guys, no need to blame him for acting the way he did. if he did take the corals illegally before his tank crashed, then its karma.

ReefApprentice
well that is a different look completely! Got any more?

p.s. - we all know you have pics of yourself :P

If I were a girl I would find this all very creepy.

(At least let her get addicted before you ask these sort of things)

*sheesh* nooobs :P

Archived