ReefCleaners.org

Nuclear Greens and Purple Deaths

colinadam

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Lol, I agree, the Purple death growth chant may be time consuming... J/k I dont feel it would be too much to ask of you to keep and maitain a high value coral just so long as you do not rape anybody on the price.

Well he said you cannot sell them for MORE than $20 so, if you wanted to trade them with another nano reefer I dont see that as being outside of the rules.

If you wanted to give them away out of the goodness of your heart that would probably be cool too.

Shawn,

I agree, once you have these you may want to share with other locals and do some swapping. Thinking maybe the wishlist and the pledge isn't the best way to handle this.

How's this:

Maybe I will just frag these and sell them for $20 each. The only "string" would be instead of constantly fragging and selling them you would only be required to sell 1 polyp at that price to the next person on the wishlist. After that you can trade them, hawk them on E-bay, etc....

For Example-

Shawn, I sell you one of each for $40. You can grow the frags out and when you get a new polyp of each you go to the wishlist and find the next name in line and sell the polyp(s) to that person for the price you got them for. After that you are under no obligation.

That not only allows people to swap them with non-nano-reef members but also spreads them around.

How's that?????

mascencerro

fwiw, I would like to be put on the list of propagators of these. I don't do any selling on ebay or RC, but when they grow out, would be glad to sell here for the conditions mentioned earlier just to spread them around. I live in Oklahoma, and there isn't anything like that around these parts that I know of.

of course, in order to pay the $20/polyp for them I'd have to wait a bit (my finances are kinda shot right now, and maybe by the time a frag is available to me, so will the finances).

fwiw, I would like to be put on the list of propagators of these. I don't do any selling on ebay or RC, but when they grow out, would be glad to sell here for the conditions mentioned earlier just to spread them around. I live in Oklahoma, and there isn't anything like that around these parts that I know of.

of course, in order to pay the $20/polyp for them I'd have to wait a bit (my finances are kinda shot right now, and maybe by the time a frag is available to me, so will the finances).

lol, I got the nuclear greens from a guy in Oklahoma :)

I am logging off for the evening.

To anyone interested let me know what you think of the new plan, I think the frags will get around but they will get around slower. I also think this is reasonable and fair.

Here's the plan again

Maybe I will just frag these and sell them for $20 each. The only "string" would be instead of constantly fragging and selling them you would only be required to sell 1 polyp at that price to the next person on the wishlist. After that you can trade them, hawk them on E-bay, etc....

For Example-

Shawn, I sell you one of each for $40. You can grow the frags out and when you get a new polyp of each you go to the wishlist and find the next name in line and sell the polyp(s) to that person for the price you got them for. After that you are under no obligation.

That not only allows people to swap them with non-nano-reef members but also spreads them around.

How's that?????

I think the grumbles we heard earlier would return with this system because if some one is going to pay $40 for 2 polyps, they will want to be able to do whatever they want with them. be it ebay, reef central and what not.

Of course I like the first plan better. ;) call me biased, but if shawn had a friend that saw them in his tank and yelled DIBS, then he could tell his friend I am the official west coast propogator for these, and the said freind should join NR.com and hop on the list. NR community grows, every body wins. The only problem would be this requires complete honesty from the propogators, If some one came over and offered some really nice duncans or something in trade, you would have to redirect them to the list. Or ask colin if we could make an exception and perhaps start a system like this for duncans, set a maximum price, start a list and go from there.

colin i like this new term, but you shouldnt assume that we'll be gone after we frag it for the next person. im sure myself and others would time to time drop by to help move the list.

If someone offered me a nice Duncan I'd say "What list", look stupid and break out the fragging shears :)

Exceptions to rules make things more complicated. I think the new plan is the way to go.

Another thing.

Once Shawn (or anyone else) has completed his fragging and selling duty he can ask people on the waiting list if they have anything to trade. That would also spread them quicker.

I think continous mandatory fragging is not a good idea, after a while I would get sick of it myself. I think the 1 madatory frag with the option to continue to frag and sell/trade to people on the wishlist is the way to go.

Still open to feedback but I will be hard pressed to change my mind. :)

jimmy the problem with the orginal agreement/plan is that you're basicly taking the freedom out of the hobby. basicly under the first plan you never get to own the frags..

lets abolish the slavery :lol:

colin you can up the numbers of frags that each person has to contribute back to make sure the list is moving but i'd just like to know that one day i will be able to own my very own nukes and death =]

colin i like this new term, but you shouldnt assume that we'll be gone after we frag it for the next person. im sure myself and others would time to time drop by to help move the list.

Shawn, I gotcha, that didnt come out right. I know most people would still drop by and sell future frags to people on the wishlist and I think the time to time drop ins would be great!

Also see my comment about trading with people on the wishlist, that's another good way to move these around.

This is really taking shape. We have got to be making history :)

colin you can up the numbers of frags that each person has to contribute back to make sure the list is moving but i'd just like to know that one day i will be able to own my very own nukes and death =]

Totally agree. Let us call it "One and done but you can pitch in more for sure"

:)

Which brings me to my last though which we will need to address when the time is closer, DOA's. Since we are a community I see no reason why we cannot trust eachother to do the right thing and reship a frag if one arrives DOA. Honor System rears it's ugly head again!

So do I still get to be at the top of the list with the new plan, cuz I'm in regaurdless of how it goes down.

If some one joins the list they should be ready and willing to pay $20 a polyp, one nuc green and one Purple death am I right?

I have a list in my head. I will open it up more as the time draws near.

Don't want to do it now, something about counting chickens before they have hatched :)

Damn, mighty generous of you Colin.

I just paid $150 shipped for 3 polyps of the PD last week...

If you're still doing the terms w/the NG, I'd be interested. :)

What I would give to have a frag of Nuclear Greens... $20/polyp is almost giving them away IMO.

If everything gets going I'll be more than happy to add you to the list. These single polyp requests are going to be easier than a one of each request.

I remember when lords were going for 4-500 per colony then that died out and now they're dirt cheap.

Must not have seen the price for non-indo lords recently or Micro's for that matter :)

I'd be happy to join the list provided that you ship it sometime during the spring before it gets too hot. Single polyp frags of zoanthids don't have as good of a survival rate as multiple polyp frags IME.

P.S. what area of the country are you in?

I'd be happy to join the list provided that you ship it sometime during the spring before it gets too hot. Single polyp frags of zoanthids don't have as good of a survival rate as multiple polyp frags IME.

P.S. what area of the country are you in?

I'll be sure to take you off the list :)

They won't be ready by that time.

I'm in between Milwaukee and Chicago, smack dab in the middle.

I'll be sure to take you off the list :)

They won't be ready by that time.

I'm in between Milwaukee and Chicago, smack dab in the middle.

Oh if its long-term then thats fine. I just get nervous when frags are shipped in extreme heat or cold.

Hey Colin do you have any other corals you could frag up and sell with these as I always like to get a few things sent together assuming the shipping costs will stay the same.

Can't really say I'm good at propping corals, but whenever any one of the selected propagators has a purple death polyp available, I'd like to be added onto the list.

Thanks!

When do you think they will be ready to frag? I cant wait! :D Me need PD's and NG's !!!! :P

Do you have anyother nice zoos and palys? would be interested in those as well! , thats pretty much the only thing I keep in my tank at the moment. :)

Hurry up and make the list already! :P:D

Archived