Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nuclear Greens and Purple Deaths

colinadam

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok at first i thought this thread was fairly stupid because i get tired of the cute little names that people put on zoos etc like "NUCLEAR GREEN DEATH" or "FIRECRACKER ZOOS", i just think its quite retarded.

BUT

Then i read the rest of your thread and the fact you're trying to sell 1 zoo polyp for $20 and then 20$ shipping AND...yes it gets better....people have to promise not to sell to anyone other than here. Please tell me this is a joke thread.

Hmmm, not the reply I was expecting :)

My first thread was 100% serious. Prices for these per polyp are a lot more than $20. I thought I would do a good deed, lower the price and get these awesome corals out to others on this board.

Must be in the wrong place, I'll move along and trade/sell these for dirt cheap locally in my club forum instead.

You also misread my post. Once you buy one of these you could do whatever you wanted with them. I said the person who I GIVE FREE POLYPS TO must keep the price at $20 and only sell them here.

Nevermind. Not gonna get flamed by a moron about this. Consider this thread dead.

P.S. Zoa's are not the only things with crazy names, lot's of LPS and SPS have them as well.

So what are you going to do write up a contract to bind the person you sell them to limiting them from selling the zoos again. Its really just a silly idea. You can be upset and mad about it but really noone will buy 1 polyp for 20 and pay another 20$ on top of that for shipping. I think you did try sniffing coke and some got through because whatever you're on you need to share it.

No No No.

My first post said

I will give 1 polyp of each to someone. That someone must help me propagate these and sell them only on this board for $20 a polyp.

Anyone who buys them can do whatever they want with them (Sell them for more, etc...) but that SOMEONE can only sell them here and only for $20.

Understand now?

ok maybe i understood your "idea" wrong. No need to get mad and delete your post. If you're "giving" them away thats a whole different story. Maybe someone will be ok with your idea and i shouldnt flame you for it. Please put it back up i want to see how well it does :)

Just some background on the price these go for (Should have added this to begin with so people can see what they go for)

These are from Reef Central classifieds

I have a frag of 10 Purple Deaths for sale or trade for some Micros or Lords. Normaly they go for $50 a polyp but if you take all of them it will be $375.00 shipped. I'll try to take a pick today or tomorow and post it.

That's - $37/per polyp

8 adult and 1 baby polyp. Have had colony for a year. Got from Creetin. Beautiful palys. Sell for 50 a polyp online will sell for $275 plus shipping

That's - $27.00/ per polyp

Purple death Palys One Sold Four Polyps Left $50.00 per polyp

That's - $50/polyp

Most other threads that have PD's for sale have them as a part of a pack so it's hard to get a per polyp price.

I paid $50 for 1 polyp from member ranran. Link is here:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...ht=purple+death

Now you can see $20/polyp isn't bad for 1 of these polyps and is half of what I could ask for these. Not trying to jerk anyone over.

Well i wana be surprised. I hope colinadamn puts it back up! PLEEEEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEE???

sad-eyes-dog.jpg

:slap:

didnt see that coming did yah? suprised yet? :lol:

colinadam keep with it. heck send me to me. i like them terms. i will BUY I MENT MAKE tons of friends if i sell coral for cheap

looks like a win win situation anyway you look at it

My idea was this

I pick someone who wants to honestly help the community out and spread these around and lower the demand and therefor the price on these. I send that person 1 polyp of Nuclear Green and 1 polyp of Purple Death for FREE.

Now that person would ONLY be able to sell them to nano-reef members and only for $20/polyp which I have proven is half of the cost they currently go for.

We would get a waiting list going and everyone who wanted one could get one.

I asked if anyone thought it was a good idea, if it would work and if anything like this has ever been tried before.

I thought of this because within minutes of posting pictures in another thread I got 3 pm's asking for frags.

Just so we all know what we are talking about

PD.jpg

PDNG.jpg

NG2.jpg

So, good idea or bad idea?

Wow you guys.. I am disappointed.

1) Nuc greens and Purple Deaths ARE NOT ZOAS: they are Protopalys.

2) These are probably some of THE rarest palys out there

3) His price is actually very reasonable

4) I want Them for my collection!

Buddah, no hard feelings :)

Thanks for the input, I really should have added the current pricing info in the first thread, it would have helped.

Not everyone knows what these go for, I just assumed most would.

Buddah, no hard feelings :)

Thanks for the input, I really should have added the current pricing info in the first thread, it would have helped.

Not everyone knows what these go for, I just assumed most would.

Its all good. I hope you get a good deal from it. If these are as rare as i hear then you should have no problem.

awesome frags...people around me try to sell them for $50 a polyp great price we need people to start growing then like crazy

lol

Jimmy is close by, that helps because I might be able to ship these ground to him instead of overnight to you Mr. Socal.

I really just want some input on:

Does this seem fair (price, terms, etc...)?

Would anyone be interested in paying $20/per polyp if this got going?

Has anything like this ever been done before?

put me first on the list. forget jimmy hahahah i would pay for overnight =].

25 dollars to give up hook ups prices = awesome as a possom

put me first on the list. forget jimmy hahahah i would pay for overnight =].

25 dollars to give up hook ups prices = awesome as a possom

I would pay overnight also on the purple deaths. I would about take them all for $20.00 a polyp.

Archived