Top Shelf Aquatics

Nuclear Greens and Purple Deaths

colinadam

I wanna be on the list if we get these going for $20 ..I would have no problem selling mine once they grew for the same great idea

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
put me first on the list. forget jimmy hahahah i would pay for overnight =].

25 dollars to give up hook ups prices = awesome as a possom

Hey be nice. You live in Cali where coral frags practically climb out of your toilet on a daily basis (this may be an exaggeration). I could give away free xenia too for Buddha points, but every one i know here in Wi already has it, or was fortunate enough to get it out of their system for good and doesnt want it. Buddha only knows I dont want/need 10 stalks in my 5 gallon, yet I dont have the heart to throw it out.

Perhaps the man wants to hook up the midwest before the so-cal?? let him decide before you go playing the I have more money to spend than you game.

O.K.,

Looks like things are a go.

I am going to grow out my frags a bit more and Jimmy will get the first set in May.

I can also probably frag one of each for quy (Shawn) at that time and he can be the west coast supplier. It would probably save on shipping if I got these out to people and they dealt with other people that are close. We can break it down by regions.

If someone from the East Coast wants to be a propagator speak up, same rules that apply to Jimmy and Shawn would apply (Grow them out, frag them up, sell them to nano-reef members, charge no more than $20) - Major honor system here......

I will start the wishlist at the same time I ship the first group of frags out.

Still open for tips, idea's and other discussion on the issue.

Maybe if this works well we can do this with other morphs.

Hey be nice. You live in Cali where coral frags practically climb out of your toilet on a daily basis (this may be an exaggeration). I could give away free xenia too for Buddha points, but every one i know here in Wi already has it, or was fortunate enough to get it out of their system for good and doesnt want it. Buddha only knows I dont want/need 10 stalks in my 5 gallon, yet I dont have the heart to throw it out.

Perhaps the man wants to hook up the midwest before the so-cal?? let him decide before you go playing the I have more money to spend than you game.

buddha points, i like that.

Hey,

I live in Georgia and would love to grow out those cool colors and have no problems with the selling rules you stated. I have a 90 gallon display with vho lighting and a 10 gallon prop only tank with 130 watts of pc on it. If you think they would flourish in my prop tank I would love to grow them. I have a few shrooms and lots of colors of zoa frags in there that I doing great. Just let me know. Thanks, Kim

O.K.,

Looks like things are a go.

I am going to grow out my frags a bit more and Jimmy will get the first set in May.

I can also probably frag one of each for quy (Shawn) at that time and he can be the west coast supplier. It would probably save on shipping if I got these out to people and they dealt with other people that are close. We can break it down by regions.

If someone from the East Coast wants to be a propagator speak up, same rules that apply to Jimmy and Shawn would apply (Grow them out, frag them up, sell them to nano-reef members, charge no more than $20) - Major honor system here......

I will start the wishlist at the same time I ship the first group of frags out.

Still open for tips, idea's and other discussion on the issue.

Maybe if this works well we can do this with other morphs.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Getting a propagator from each part of the country would definitely make these much more accesible. I think this thread would be a good place to compile information and updates on Purple death/Nuclear Green growth. A new thread would have to be started when it comes time to sell/trade and compile those wish lists, or else they would have to move this one to the classifides.

sephroth_r1

lol if someone gave me a frag, and i paid for shipping

then...

1. paid for the salt/water
  2. paid for the electricity
  3. paid for the additives
  4. put the work in to frag them
  5. put the work in for matinence
  6. put the work in to list/sell

i would have to say, it would be my choice what to do with the new frags. lol. honestly, do you think someone is going to do all the work, and let you tell them what to do with the frags? that is re-god-damn-diculous.

then...

i would have to say, it would be my choice what to do with the new frags. lol. honestly, do you think someone is going to do all the work, and let you tell them what to do with the frags? that is re-god-damn-diculous.

OK, so I'm thinking he's not your guy. :lol:

The Propagator

If I can sell 2 polyps of PPRPE for $150 on Ebay that started out a $45.00 I KNOW he could get $20.00 per polyp for purple deaths.

( Which BTW guy palythoas, zoanthus, and protopalythoas have recently been reclassified to include them ALL under the species of zoanthids)

Granted the promise not to resell to any one ther than on here is a bit of wishfull thinking.

( Im'a tell ya know if I get my hands on any I'ma propogate and sell the hell out of em' LOL!)

So the later......prety retarded, the former totaly realistic price.

then...

This mindset assumes that you will

1] Not change your water without the frag

2] "Pull the Plug" on your tank if the frag is not in there

3] stop dumping in those additives " "

5] Hault maintainence " "

I'd give Colin about 12 Buddha points for his unselfish act.

Shawn gets 2 for giving away xenia I guess.

1. You already have salt and water in there. Not like you have to setup another tank just for this.

2. See #1

3. See #1

4. Fragging is easy.

5. huh?

6. No work involved, the list/sell would be done by the wishlist.

How hard is that?

then...

I think some of you are crazy. If he is willing to give me something for free that will look beautiful in my tank while it grows. I will gladly pay shipping, take care of it and sell it on this forum for $20.00 I would be glad to give him part of the money from the sells. I think this is a great idea and a win win situation for everybody. If I don't get to be the grower on the East coast then I hope I will be in line to get some of these soon. Kim

I have to agre, thank you for being very generous!

just sent a pm, Im very interested and would be glad to propagate them for you. I sell them for whatever you want to whoever you want if I only have to pay shipping and I get to put them in my tank! That is definately a good deal. Send me a pm when you have the frags availible!

Thanks!!!

er1c_the_reefer

just send some my way. i give free stuff away, so i think its time for karma to kick in. ;)

btw, yes, $20 for purple deaths and nuclear greens is pretty good. i wouldn't want to charge that much for er1c's_palys... but if i could, i'd do it.

I think some of you are crazy. If he is willing to give me something for free that will look beautiful in my tank while it grows. I will gladly pay shipping, take care of it and sell it on this forum for $20.00 I would be glad to give him part of the money from the sells. I think this is a great idea and a win win situation for everybody. If I don't get to be the grower on the East coast then I hope I will be in line to get some of these soon. Kim

Just to clear something up before it gets spread around as truth.

After you get the frag and start selling to people on the wishlist I will NEVER ask for a cent from you. Consider the $20/month you can turn out as yours.

So consider this:

I would be glad to give him part of the money from the sells.

To be a non-issue. :)

Covering shipping from me to you is a good idea and something I didn't think of. Considering you would make the money back pretty quickly I may ask that.

Seems to be a lot of interest which is a good thing. I will not be able to get starter frags out to everyone who wants them though, there is just no way I can grow them that fast. I have 2 other solid fraggers, Shawn and Jimmy. I am not even sure about being able to provide frags to a fourth person so that is on hold for the time being.

One option-

If you don't get to be a propagator but you buy one of these off of one of us and grow it out you can jump in and sell your frags to the next person on the wishlist and make back your money.

People that have contacted me about proping these will be put first on the list as I think (and hope) that they will turn around and continue what I am doing.

However if you buy one of these and turn around and sell them on E-bay then god bless you you dirty SOB :) (J/K, I could care less what one does with them after they buy them).

Propagator- $150 for 2 PRPEE? I don't hate the player but I hate the game :)

definately put me on the list, my tank is small so I wont have to let them grow out to big before I can start fragging to help spread them among the hobbiest. I will definately pay all shipping costs. Im glad you made this post, I was about to get one for $35 per polyp, but I couldnt do it. It was just way to much! Thanks for spreading some of these rare corals around to us poor reefers! lol Oh, and dont worry, I wont sell these on E-bay! I actually dont even know how to put something for sale on ebay! lol Thanks!!!!

Prop- are the PRPEE really going for that much! those are really nice but $150 for 2 polyps? thats crazy! I really want some, but I guess Ill have to wait till they are more availible! I dont have that kinda money. lol

alright guys im going to start a west coast kiss a$$ thread! just kidding ill be nice. oh all this power.. what to do?!!?!? omgomgomg this is what meth dealer in the drug world must feel like hahah just kidding guys.

However if you buy one of these and turn around and sell them on E-bay then god bless you you dirty SOB :) (J/K, I could care less what one does with them after they buy them).

Let's be proactive about the penalties for this type of shatty behavior. I hope no one does that......

colinadam--generous offer--and great idea!!

I think that would be great to have one mass wish list where any of the propogators (or any one that has them) could supply the next in line at whatever price $20 and under they see fit.

If this works out, that would rock if we could get something like this going for other rare corals.

i like the fact that you're tursting us with these rare paly, but we are human and we do have wants... it almost feels like once we get it we'll be "working" to get them out.. what if we use them in a trade? because if you're goal is to have 2 people growing them out "only" then please pass it to another person and put me in line like everyone else. im not shady but my goal is to start a nice collection. the cheapest way i know how is to get access to valueble coral and trade. reefing is my hobby and i dont want turn it into my job.

Archived