Pod Your Reef

JBJ Nano Cube 28g HQI

Asin

I heard some people making mistakes already.

Yeah i looked a lil deeper into the matter myself. I spoke with ATA, And it seems ATA isn't even supposed to sell JBJ products as they were black listed. As well as stopping by ATA to ask a few questions (ridiculously small store btw, not much of a coral selection but honestly. the cheapest prices your going to find for fish, some are very sick though so your call) also what i noticed every sales rep in there says the jbj products carry NO warranty. so that makes me wonder about the "jbj" products they sell. It seems the 12 they are selling looks legit enough, but I would not be entirely confident ordering from them, unless of course its in the store. and the box is in front of your eyes. etc etc.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way Asin. If people are asking PR for their money back because they want to jump on this ATA $269 deal, can someone buy the ones that are being left behind? Meaning if someone cancels their order can I go and buy it?

Yes, but even if they don't cancel, Mike will get you one from his other stores.

Yeah i looked a lil deeper into the matter myself. I spoke with ATA, And it seems ATA isn't even supposed to sell JBJ products as they were black listed. As well as stopping by ATA to ask a few questions (ridiculously small store btw, not much of a coral selection but honestly. the cheapest prices your going to find for fish, some are very sick though so your call) also what i noticed every sales rep in there says the jbj products carry NO warranty. so that makes me wonder about the "jbj" products they sell. It seems the 12 they are selling looks legit enough, but I would not be entirely confident ordering from them, unless of course its in the store. and the box is in front of your eyes. etc etc.

All JBJ products will be carrying a 1 year warranty, including the new HQI's.

Yes, but even if they don't cancel, Mike will get you one from his other stores.

I don't want to say much on the threads here but I was at Pacific Reef yesterday and spoke to Mike for about 45 minutes. He had some real interesting things to say. Well let's say he basically guaranteed one for me right there and then.

BTW. It's cool that I walk in and immediately recognizes me from SCNRS. lol. He was like "Your Cesar from nano reef/SCNRS right?" lol. Awesome guy. Mike is real cool.

I don't want to say much on the threads here but I was at Pacific Reef yesterday and spoke to Mike for about 45 minutes. He had some real interesting things to say. Well let's say he basically guaranteed one for me right there and then.

BTW. It's cool that I walk in and immediately recognizes me from SCNRS. lol. He was like "Your Cesar from nano reef/SCNRS right?" lol. Awesome guy. Mike is real cool.

Mike is real cool cat. That is the HUB store for SCNRS!

:wub: Mike, he's been real awesome to us.

One Question how many pounds of rock can i have in the 28g? sorry for the noob question and thanks :)

You can have as much as you want.

J/K. I got your question. I do about 1lb per gallon. Some people do 1.5lb's per gallon.

You can have as much as you want.

J/K. I got your question. I do about 1lb per gallon. Some people do 1.5lb's per gallon.

^ what he said

Would anyone like to take my place in the preorder from Pacific Reef? It is for the new 28g HQI with stand. Tank should arrive in a few weeks.

Let me know. thanks.

Naturalreef

Well,

Just finished an email from Jbjlighting sales department inquiring about the 28 hqi. They told me that a certain part for the lighting system is what is holding up the deliveries. I was quoted late May or early June as the part has not shown up yet. I decided to cancel the order and am going to either start up my Seacube again or buy a Biocube and throw a Halide on it...not sure, but I want to start up a tank now since I have the free time. I can always grab a 28 hqi later depending on what I buy or start up now....Looking at coral pictures with no tank sucks:)

Sub-Mariner
Well,

Just finished an email from Jbjlighting sales department inquiring about the 28 hqi. They told me that a certain part for the lighting system is what is holding up the deliveries. I was quoted late May or early June as the part has not shown up yet. I decided to cancel the order and am going to either start up my Seacube again or buy a Biocube and throw a Halide on it...not sure, but I want to start up a tank now since I have the free time. I can always grab a 28 hqi later depending on what I buy or start up now....Looking at coral pictures with no tank sucks:)

Rats!

I'm holding on but I share your frustration on looking at corals that I can't get. I would have bought several already had my tank been cycled.

I'm going to stick with the PR buy but JUNE? I need to turn off my computer for a month or I'm going to go crazy looking at corals I can't get...

SM

Well,

Eeek! :scarry:

...and I was just talking with Mike 2 days ago. I think I may take Sub's lead and turn off the computer for a month.

:haha: hahahah.... yeah right, like I could do that.

Oh well, back to studying the hobby and lurking boards :ninja:

:flower: peace,

Joe

islandcreation

I talked to my local fish store and they stated the same thing. I thought they were B.S.ing me but they were serious. Then I saw the post regarding the dates. I too, I'm frustrated on waiting! I do have a 66 gallon but my goal was to have this 28g as a show tak with exotic corals only micro's, rare palythoas/zoas, duncans, and blastomussa's. I already have been contacting glass shops to create a seamless tank. But its just seems so easy just to wait for the 28g hqi that it always scraps my idea. I'll guess I'm waiting too :angry:

10" Red Devil

Wow! These things look cool! Seriously though wish they could have left out the skimmer and or have a option to buy without the skimmer. lets face it this is tank was built for SPS, ie.. wavemaker, Halide lighting, etc which is awesome, but then to have a crappy counter current skimmer *insert cheesy trumpet noise representing a goof here*. Your definitely going to want a better skimmer if your doing SPS.

I love that the back is open though! Makes it a hell of a lot easier to cool the thing with a chiller, or just simply blowing a fan across the back allowing you to keep the front closed. Also makes it easier to add a doser/calcium reactor. I think overall this thing is rad! Is it worth $400 something, well when you think about the fact that most 150watt HQI pendants are easily $300 alone I would say so!

they look alright.

i think the main reason they left out actinic supplements is temp issues, since they need to be able to handle a 150 with the hood on.

skimmer is probably there for aeration of the water and some added text on the box :lol:

I just wanted to say that I am another unsatisifed customer with the ATA store in artesia. I went there ONCE and thats the last time I will EVER go there. Those fools think customers are giving them a favor when in fact, its the customers thats giving them a favor.

I dont know how their running their business still. Their corals are expensive, cant even speak english. The kid was the only nice person there, the owner is nothing but BS.

Dont buy from there or waste your time driving out there. Nothing but stupid as#holes that tries to make you feel like "if you dont buy, dont come here" or "dont ask to bargain, we dont bargain because we are a wholesaler" dumba#sses. They told me the reason why JBJ doesnt offer the warranty was because one of their customers bought a JBJ viper Metal halide and caught on fire and he sued the store, and JBJ screwed them over.. YEA RIGHT! stupid old man..

Sorry guys just had to get my anger out. Seriously, the worst fish store to go to in California.

djchristone

WOAH WOAH WOAH

get your story STRAIGHT.

ata could sue jbj if they so wished. jbj black listed ata BECAUSE ata was selling the nano cubes for a lot less than jbj was and the pacific reef stores were. they wouldn't let the wholesalers sell the nano cubes to ata unless ata agreed to sell them at a higher price.

remember the flaming that went on a while back? free tang and a free bag of sand with purchase of a nano cube from them? ata raised prices to match jbj's standard but then threw in all that extra junk for "free" since the prices were raised. jbj didn't like the fact that ata was now giving away free stuff and then completely black listed them. ata at the same time decided to stop selling nano cubes and go completely over to the aquapod because so many customers were calling about cracked nano cubes.

basically, jbj blacklisted ata because they were annoyed ata was selling them for so low compared to what they and pacific reef stores were selling them for -_- and most certainly annoyed about outselling jbj. because of those underhanded tactics, i personally will never buy another jbj product again

lbaskball...what are you talking about? -_- they have the cheapest prices for fish and corals anywhere -_- why else do you think other stores are lowering prices on fish and coral? -_- to ask them to lower their prices after they're already dirt cheap is unreasonable -__-

Hrmm interesting. this sounds a bit better than the flaming ive been hearing everywhere. But my question is if they are blacklisted how is that they are selling the jbj 28? the response i got from the owner was that he went behind jbj and ordered straight from the manufacturer. is this possible?

WOAH WOAH WOAH

get your story STRAIGHT.

aldn't let the wholesalers sell the nano cubes to ata unless ata agreed to sell thta could sue jbj if they so wished. jbj black listed ata BECAUSE ata was selling the nano cubes for a lot less than jbj was and the pacific reef stores were. they wouem at a higher price.

djchristone

knowing ata, they probably can.

honestly though, if that's what ata says they're selling the jbj 28gal hqi tank for, i'm pretty sure it's the same thing jbj is selling. after all, look at the prices of his aquapod and nanocube. they're dirt cheap (compared to all other sellers) and he hardly makes any profit. they're also the real thing.

but seriously -_- ata knows so many people in this business, i'd imagine it'd be hard to stop them from getting anything. :)

btw, i'm not speaking for them or anything -_- but why they were blacklisted by jbj is true. honestly though, it's jbj's loss. ata gets shipments of like 40 aquapods weekly and sells them fast -_- less business for jbj.

tbh though, i don't know why so many people are scrambling to buy these tanks when so many of jbj's first line of products turned out bad. for instance, the viper's arm melting because they wanted to use plastic to cut down on costs -_- cracking 24 gallons? -_- it's like offering to buy stock for a company going out of business/bankrupt -_-

knowing ata, they probably can.

honestly though, if that's what ata says they're selling the jbj 28gal hqi tank for, i'm pretty sure it's the same thing jbj is selling. after all, look at the prices of his aquapod and nanocube. they're dirt cheap (compared to all other sellers) and he hardly makes any profit. they're also the real thing.

but seriously -_- ata knows so many people in this business, i'd imagine it'd be hard to stop them from getting anything. :)

btw, i'm not speaking for them or anything -_- but why they were blacklisted by jbj is true. honestly though, it's jbj's loss. ata gets shipments of like 40 aquapods weekly and sells them fast -_- less business for jbj.

tbh though, i don't know why so many people are scrambling to buy these tanks when so many of jbj's first line of products turned out bad. for instance, the viper's arm melting because they wanted to use plastic to cut down on costs -_- cracking 24 gallons? -_- it's like offering to buy stock for a company going out of business/bankrupt -_-

First off ATA sucks the big one (what lfs charges 3% for using credit card, ATA. Crazy morons) and second we do not want to hear from you (owner of ATA aka djchristone) <_< P.S Everyone hates you. :lol: Stop advertising your store in this forum.

JBJ sent me their new product packet to the store where I work this week. It's a good thing they sent it...I was almost out of toilet paper.

The 28g tanks looks to be nothing fancier than a nano cube w/ viper installed into the hood, an extra spray outlet, and fission-like skimmer.

I don't see what all they hype is. Ditch the newb cube and get a real tank.

djchristone
First off ATA sucks the big one (what lfs charges 3% for using credit card, ATA. Crazy morons) and second we do not want to hear from you (owner of ATA aka djchristone) dry.gif P.S Everyone hates you. laugh.gif Stop advertising your store in this forum.

i've NEVER seen them charge you 3% for using your credit card there but they will charge you sale tax if you do.

also i'm not the owner of ata -_- i'm still in college (go check facebook if you want) -_- i've met a few people on this forum who have gone to ata (some of which i did remeet there) -_- they can most certainly vouch that i don't own ata -_-

Direct from ATA website.

Please call for current updated prices or stock on hand. Most fish are special orders and need a 25% deposit. We reserve the right to refuse services to anyone. Limited to one item per person per household. These special prices applies only to new customers and local pick up only. All glass tank you must buy the glass top lids at additional fee. There is a 3% sub charge on all credit card transactions. Some restrictions and rules apply see or call store for further details…

edit: typo

Archived