ReefCleaners.org

JBJ Nano Cube 28g HQI

Asin

sorry for all the protein skimmer shots, but mike wanted me to be sure and show it working

I had no doubt that the skimmer would work, even the crappy lee's airstone skimmer works :) Its just that i hate having to change airstones/wood every few weeks/months. I'm looking at this tank to help my dad get started in the hobby.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its just that i hate having to change airstones/wood every few weeks/months.

lazy. you can't pop on a new airstone ONCE A MONTH?

5 seconds? maybe 6?

islandcreation

Okay were discussing the tank and putting our names on the waiting list but when do they ARRIVE! I ordered one online with a stand and shipping for a little less than $600.00. They stated mid April and still nothing? Can anyone verify dates? I went to a local fish store in San Francisco and they couldn't even tell me a price, but they did have them coming. I decided to order it online since they could quote anything. Look foreward to the date. Thanks

Hmmm... Does anyone have special plans for theirs? Mine's going to be an exotic tank! Micromussa's, Japanese Acans, and other rare corals! So I still have to get a chiller and a generator if I plan on going BIG!

Anyone, have some micromussa's or Japanese Acans they want to trade or sell?

Okay were discussing the tank and putting our names on the waiting list but when do they ARRIVE! I ordered one online with a stand and shipping for a little less than $600.00. They stated mid April and still nothing? Can anyone verify dates? I went to a local fish store in San Francisco and they couldn't even tell me a price, but they did have them coming. I decided to order it online since they could quote anything. Look foreward to the date. Thanks

Hmmm... Does anyone have special plans for theirs? Mine's going to be an exotic tank! Micromussa's, Japanese Acans, and other rare corals! So I still have to get a chiller and a generator if I plan on going BIG!

Anyone, have some micromussa's or Japanese Acans they want to trade or sell?

Last I heard late April/early May

hey guys has anyone here dealt with atafish? in artesia? I called them today about the hqi and they've told me that they sell it preordered for 269.99.... is that even possible? or is it some sort of counterfeit? any experience with them? as well as the guy on the phone telling me they've had problems with the tank, ALA nanocube 24 with the cracking glass. anyone ever dealt with them?

Sub-Mariner
hey guys has anyone here dealt with atafish? in artesia? I called them today about the hqi and they've told me that they sell it preordered for 269.99.... is that even possible? or is it some sort of counterfeit? any experience with them? as well as the guy on the phone telling me they've had problems with the tank, ALA nanocube 24 with the cracking glass. anyone ever dealt with them?

Krikey that's cheap(if it's real)!

Never been there myself but I heard Proraptor say that he had.

I pre-ordered the hqi from PR for quite a bit more than that. For you fellow reefers that pre-ordered the hqi from pacific reef in torrance, the JBJ rep told me yesterday that they were expecting the shipment in their shop today and out to retailers as early as this week.

Can't wait to get it set up!

SM

Krikey that's cheap(if it's real)!

Never been there myself but I heard Proraptor say that he had.

I pre-ordered the hqi from PR for quite a bit more than that. For you fellow reefers that pre-ordered the hqi from pacific reef in torrance, the JBJ rep told me yesterday that they were expecting the shipment in their shop today and out to retailers as early as this week.

Can't wait to get it set up!

SM

Also noted is that i have contacted some LFS who have them on order direct from china and they told me their costs are 300 per unit if u order a pallet. dont know how accurate the info is. but seems like a reasonable assumption on price. particularly if you order direct. who knows?

Also noted is that i have contacted some LFS who have them on order direct from china and they told me their costs are 300 per unit if u order a pallet. dont know how accurate the info is. but seems like a reasonable assumption on price. particularly if you order direct. who knows?

i just tried calling ATA...

me: "hey are you guys going to get any of the new jbj 28g hqi's in stock?"

ATA: "no they suck"

me: "haha, they suck?"

ATA: "yeah, they suck"

me: "uhh, ok thanks, bye"

ATA is the best. -_-

i just tried calling ATA...

me: "hey are you guys going to get any of the new jbj 28g hqi's in stock?"

ATA: "no they suck"

me: "haha, they suck?"

ATA: "yeah, they suck"

me: "uhh, ok thanks, bye"

ATA is the best. -_-

Hmmm....

Might have to send Cesar to regulate....

Hmmm....

Might have to send Cesar to regulate....

It's ok, we don't need a biased joint selling the good stuff!! Plus I'm sure they couldn't beat Chris or Mike in price anyways. B)

It's ok, we don't need a biased joint selling the good stuff!! Plus I'm sure they couldn't beat Chris or Mike in price anyways. B)

weird... i called them about the preorder. and i was quoted 269.99 . twice i even had my girlfriend call just to make sure it wasnt a joke... strangeness i tell ya.. strangeness

edit: just called em again. yeah your right they are funny. they did say it sucks. said the display they had cracked. according to the guy who seems like hes in charge "jbj: just butt junk"

lol -_-

but yeah they confirmed the price for me 269.99 for the preorder.

but if i can save 200 dollars on a tank. thats the same thing that pac reef is getting why not?

weird... i called them about the preorder. and i was quoted 269.99 . twice i even had my girlfriend call just to make sure it wasnt a joke... strangeness i tell ya.. strangeness

edit: just called em again. yeah your right they are funny. they did say it sucks. said the display they had cracked. according to the guy who seems like hes in charge "jbj: just butt junk"

lol -_-

but yeah they confirmed the price for me 269.99 for the preorder.

but if i can save 200 dollars on a tank. thats the same thing that pac reef is getting why not?

Why dont you be the first guinea pig and pre-order from ATA. Give them your money and see what happens. I will NEVER buy from there again. :angry:

Why dont you be the first guinea pig and pre-order from ATA. Give them your money and see what happens. I will NEVER buy from there again. :angry:

Use an American Express silly(if he screw you, just call em and they will credit you back)hopefully they take amex....;p and no need for the hostility im just trying to help everyone out on the forums here who want this tank. but at a lower price. =) smile ok?

Use an American Express silly(if he screw you, just call em and they will credit you back)hopefully they take amex....;p and no need for the hostility im just trying to help everyone out on the forums here who want this tank. but at a lower price. =) smile ok?

You are not helping us in this forum if you are trying to refer us to ATA. Do a seach on ATA and you will see why. You wouldnt be happy when you get F*#&ed by these guys.

I'm going to put an end to this. After investigating this claim and talking directly with the SoCal rep from JBJ, this is what is going on. ATA is BANNED from getting JBJ products, so this tank they are advertising for $269.99 is NOT the new JBJ 28g HQI system.

I myself gave them a call and inquired about the tank and they told me the same thing they have been telling other customers. The quoted me the price and then began to bash JBJ. This is not a good business practice. Why would you bash the products you're trying to sell?

Also, they told me they had a JBJ in set-up and that it had already cracked. Well, this is a lie, the JBJ rep told me there are only 2 HQI's in the US, one is at the JBJ office and the other is at Pacific Reef in Torrance.

So, if you plan on taking them on their offer, be aware that its most likely not the JBJ and probably a knock off of some sort.

Hope this settles any issues you guys had.

-Iz

I'm going to put an end to this. After investigating this claim and talking directly with the SoCal rep from JBJ, this is what is going on. ATA is BANNED from getting JBJ products, so this tank they are advertising for $269.99 is NOT the new JBJ 28g HQI system.

Thanks for doing the research on this. I've got one on a pre-order and when I saw that ATA was $150 cheaper, I almost tried to cancel my pre-order and do a pre-order with ATA. Then, I started hearing the negatives, so it slowed me down. And now hearing this, I know that "if its too good to be true..."

I'm willing to bet the ATA tank isn't even a knock off, because we'd all KNOW about a knock off if one existed, right?? I will laugh if someone orders from them and they end up getting a 24g barebones. If the crate price is just $300 like someone above mentioned, then why would they take a hit of $30 per tank, rather than say sell for $350 (still cheaper than PR) and make profit on it? Not only is ATA theives, but they are obviously idiots too! $269??? Gimme a break, a 12g AP with Sunpod is more expensive than that. And like Asin said, who in their sane right mind would bash the very product they sell?? Selling = endorsing, you simply can't hide that.

islandcreation

So... Does anyone have dates? I just went to my local fish store again and they said mid May for sure. Anyone get a real date?

By the way Asin. If people are asking PR for their money back because they want to jump on this ATA $269 deal, can someone buy the ones that are being left behind? Meaning if someone cancels their order can I go and buy it?

By the way Asin. If people are asking PR for their money back because they want to jump on this ATA $269 deal, can someone buy the ones that are being left behind? Meaning if someone cancels their order can I go and buy it?

i doubt anybody is going to ATA. those guys are full of poop. :lol:

Archived