Pod Your Reef

Clownfish Information and Pairing Guide

Tentacles

if anyone has a good picture of a normal true percula of their own, or an onyx true percula, thatd be awesome, for some reason i only have 1.2k of photo space left to put up on here.

and as always keep the suggestions coming, Im going to try and update lgreens suggestions soon, thanks!

Here you go tentacles, here is the pic of my new true perc/onyx! He is about 1/4" bigger than my other perc, but they have been trying to decide who is going to be female/male right now! But they havnt gone at it yet.. Hope you like them..

Edited by hollister_08

community info. added, next up is info about gender switching at certain ages and so on, some of this can be found in the community section. lgreens info has been reviewed and added/modified , if I have missed anything or if anyone has useful info. or experiences, they are always greatly appreciated

thanks

Edited by Tentacles

nice pic, thanks!

I think ill just give a call out for any good picture of any clown that hasnt been shown on here already, so bring em!

Edited by Tentacles
nice pic, thanks!

I think ill just give a call out for any good picture of any clown that hasnt been shown on here already, so bring em!

this is my 55g reef tank that picture above is mine a friend of qwanks.

here is more of my tomato and his lta with the coral banded shrimp in front

theme.jpg

heres a closeup of the lta and clown,

priceless.jpg

http://bestfish.com/fish/blkperc.jpg

My lfs had a mated pair of these that are tank raised for $150, Is that alot? They were stunning though jsut beautiful fish especially with the bars not connecting.

if you like them alot, no I dont think thats too much money, especially if they are a mated pair, go for it if youve got the funds. :bling:

I'll get my Maroon pair up here, and everyone feel free to post any pics of your clowns, I want to try and get a pic of all the ones covered and I'd rather have it from some NR people than a google search. Bring em! :happy:

Clownfish Pictures Page

My Maroon pair: Gold stripe male, White stripe female.

IMG_1842.jpg

True Onyx Percula, credits to the owner Cyenna.

_IGP2489.jpg

Standard True Percula, credits to the owner BigByrd.

DSCN2433.jpg

Black and Orange False Percula/Ocellaris pair, credits to the owner Fewskillz.

IMG_2145.jpg

Pink Skunk, thanks fewskillz.

IMG_1654cropped.jpg

Tank Raised Clarkii, thanks fewskillz.

IMG_2233.jpg

Edited by Tentacles
  • Like 1

thanks guys, and yea get a close up on those skunks :D

edit: ant use that pic as an IMG thing, so i cant put it in the picture post, when you get the closeup put it up differently if ppossible

Edited by Tentacles
any ideas about how to post it differently? I can get a better pic but not sure how to put it up a different way.

i really have no idea as well, mine used to post like that but then i setup a photobucket account and put them all there when my space ran out here, it was free, might as well go ahead and set one up wink ;)

are onyx percs born with their black color? cuz one of my clownfish is turning very dark brown color. i just got hm last week and her was darker range then the other clown but nows hes getting darker.

I have never actually ready anything about the true percs, but false percs mature into their coloration, but when they are born, yes they are significantly different than oranges. Alot of true percs just have alot of dark in them already, got a pic?

actually i think mine are flase percs. not sure it didnt say on the tank and the guy who owns the LFS says he gets them in all mixed up so i have no idea really. one is bright orange with a very thin black outline on the strips. the other is darker orange with NO BLACK at all. thats the one thats getting darker.

it was hard to get a pic he wouldnt turn to the side. i guess it likes the camera too much

DSC03296.jpg

hes the one on top obviously

Edited by Qwank