Coral Vue Hydros

Phixion's Finnex 30g glass

Phixion

What's the current stocking list in this tank in terms of fish? I think you had some that died/went missing a while back. Did you replace any of them?

I love the green on that toadstool. That chalice just makes me crave the Watermelon Sour Patch candy.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the current stocking list in this tank in terms of fish? I think you had some that died/went missing a while back. Did you replace any of them?

I love the green on that toadstool. That chalice just makes me crave the Watermelon Sour Patch candy.

lol, thanks Dave. :D

Currently I have a medium sized tomato clownfish. I do also have a kinda big sea hare and a tuxedo urchin. I've had 2 fish go MIA on me in this tank. A fridmani pseudo and a 6line wrasse... Those were MIA looong ago though.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on your experience with the Finnex, would you recommend it? I am trying to decide between the Finnex, Solana, and CAD. Not a lot of information on the Finnex, but the refugium interests me and it is not found on other tanks. Seems like with the others, all I read about is all the items they strip off the tanks after they are purchased. The Finnex seems to have the right mix for a reef tank. I am looking at the MH 150 with the 2 T-5 Actinic bulbs and LED.

Very nice FTS!

Thanks! B) Not the best camera yet, but it works. ;)

And thank you Christel! :) Yeah, that short Y locline seems to work well for me. I do want to get a pair of those Eductors to replace the nozzles with however. All in due time I guess, I'll be moving the tank again real soon to a new house we just purchased, YAY for tank moving... omgomgomg

Milkman, I'd definitely go for the Finnex. I mean there isn't much to go wrong with it. Sure people might no figure out how to get the skimmer to work well (my Finnex skimmer works great for me though...) but other than that, no much else needs to be changed or modified with the tank. I've heard of people changing out more with the CAD tank than with the Finnex, and that's considering the CAD is a bit more $$ too, never made much sense to me... Both are equally good tanks IMO though, so eitherway you can't really go wrong. The 150w HQI Finnex is definitely the way to go if you go Finnex though. The new T5 fixture is quite nice too however.

• 3 weeks later...

This tank was officially broken down yesterday while I began the process of moving it to my new house 45 miles away. This is good as I'll be able to change some key things around. Most importantly I get to get rid of my super dirty sand (didn't look as so in pics) but upon siphoning out all the water and bailing out all the sand, the remaining water ended up BLACK, not even brown or gray. :eek: I wanted to remove half of it to bring my sand level down, but it's a good thing I didn't as the underlaying detrious would have surely annihilated the tank. So needless to say I didn't get the tank itself moved over, but Urchinhead was so kind enough to loan me out his 20g long tank to keep my livestock in, in the meantime at the new house, and that will give me this week to get the Finnex in shape and cleaned up to move. So far all livestock is doing well! I'll have to get a pic of my temporary ghetto rigged setup! :lol:

• 2 months later...

I went back and forth between so many AIO's finnex being 2 of them lol. Your tank turned out amazing and I'll be happy if I can get it any close to yours lol.

EDIT: Maybe you can take the opportunity to upgrade :)

• 1 month later...

Wow, I just noticed the reply in here, lol! Thanks so much Babyham! I'm really proud of how it turned out short of when I broke it down recently. I just hope I can get it looking as good if not BETTER than it did once I get it set back up here very soon!! My issue right now is having a free weekend and extra hands to get it done and completed. :( I'm keeping my fingers croseed for within the next month... fingerscrossed

I'm close to buying a used 30g finnex. How do you like their T-5 fixtures? Do they come with individual reflectors?

The T5 fixture is decent. They do NOT come with IR's, I added in a pair of my own to mine. But Finnex DOES make/sell a new updated T5 fixture that does have IR's as well as 9x1w blue HO LEDs.

• 2 months later...

Awesome tank, and I just checked out their site. Im going to have to get one through them for my next aquarium.

Awesome tank, and I just checked out their site. Im going to have to get one through them for my next aquarium.

Thanks! They are definitely great tanks! :)

Oceanic 30g

What's up buddy? Been a long time. Your tank looks great.

I just swapped from halide to T5 in my 30g Oceanic.

Yeah it has been. This tank is going on month 6 of being not set up. :( But this weekend I plan to get it back up!! B)

So how's the T5's working out over your tank so far?? Oceanic has a NICE 57g glass tank that's out (or should be coming out) that I saw at a local trade show recently.

How did you like the Finnex stand? I have heard varying reports concerning low-quality.

It can be wobbly in that it's not rock solid. Low quality? It's really no different build or material wise than any other cube aquarium stand on the market (Nano-Cube, Aquapod, BioCube, etc...) But short of having something made from pure wood, it's really not that bad. Lost last night I cut a piece of some spare "¾ inch thick oak plywood I had to the exact width of the stand and nailed it in place so it would have the side to side wobble it had before, and not the stand is rock solid in ALL directions. The tank HAS so far survived quakes that have made our dresser fall over (about a year ago) and the tank was still sanding, so it can't be that badly made. ;) In short, I'd get it again simply because it's the same dimensions and made specifically for this tank.

It can be wobbly in that it's not rock solid. Low quality? It's really no different build or material wise than any other cube aquarium stand on the market (Nano-Cube, Aquapod, BioCube, etc...) But short of having something made from pure wood, it's really not that bad. Lost last night I cut a piece of some spare "¾ inch thick oak plywood I had to the exact width of the stand and nailed it in place so it would have the side to side wobble it had before, and not the stand is rock solid in ALL directions. The tank HAS so far survived quakes that have made our dresser fall over (about a year ago) and the tank was still sanding, so it can't be that badly made. ;) In short, I'd get it again simply because it's the same dimensions and made specifically for this tank.

Hi Matt! So, how did the rock in the tank withstand that earthquake (the one where your dresser fell over)? Is your rock "glued" together somehow, or just stacked? And did it topple over if so? That's my big conern. I don't have to worry about glass breaking since I have acrylic tanks...but I do have to worry about crushed livestock!

squirrelieygrrrl

hey buddy!

tank looks amazing as always! love what ya do. that quake we had last night (at about 12:04am) freaked me out big time. im not sure where the epicenter was, but it shook the crap outta my house here. glad your tank stand didnt crumple under the quakes. scary.

Archived