Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Phixion's Finnex 30g glass

Phixion

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Ellen! :D

Once I get the 15w UV sterilizer I aquired from a fellow local reefer all plumbed and hooked up as well as a Phos-Ban reactor I was given, then I'll post up some new pics of the tank.

How are you doing the phosban? That sits externally, correct?

Yeah, it'll be HOB for me. You can either hang it on the back or just place it to the side of the tank... I'm still working the logistics of how I'll have it set up. I'd prefer everything to be as much out of view as possible.

SeeDemTails

I hate how clams dissapear sometimes......I came home to a slimball in the middle of my crocea, which looked great the night before. I suspect it was a gorilla crab which I caught soon after.

I hate how clams dissapear sometimes......I came home to a slimball in the middle of my crocea, which looked great the night before. I suspect it was a gorilla crab which I caught soon after.

Nothing in my tank theifed mine, nothing crab wise. I have some rather rouge nass snails though that will swoop in at the slightest hint of distress and devour with a quickness like no other. This time around the shell was completely empty, no ball in the middle! :angry: So alas, I'm down to 1 clam now... :tears: I AM however going to the LFS to see if they have a 6line in stock to help my flatworm issue...

One of the ones I lost recently (black and gold maxima) was $50. But it had sedimental value at this point that was worth FAR more :(

Oceanic 30g

What's sedimental value? Just messing with you.

I am on the fence now. I really want to get a clam, but I do not want to shell out $90 and have it mysteriously die one day!

What's sedimental value? Just messing with you.

I am on the fence now. I really want to get a clam, but I do not want to shell out $90 and have it mysteriously die one day!

A clam is a gamble just like a fish, except a fish is a little easier to tell when something isn't right. Clam for $90 though??? I guess we've got it easy here in So. Cali with $30 clams at most stores! My most visited LFS has "4+ corceas for $40 I noticed yesterday. 955 of my clams I get from Miguel at Fraggle Reef though, he ALWAYS has the best clams of anyplace.

In any event I aquired a nice tuxedo/pincushin urchin as well as got a 6line wrasse last night. The tuxedo has already tossed a frag of zoas onto the top of it for camoflage, lol!

Cheap clams are good.....BUT

I can buy a nice house in PA for $300k. Not likely in Cali!

Yeah, the advantages and disadvantages...

• 2 weeks later...
Obsessed Reefer

Phixion! Great Tank! I plan on purchasing the 150W HQI/T5 Combo soon. Do you have any suggestions on what else is needed? How is the skimmer? Did you purchase a heater?

Thanks!

-Jesse

Thanks Jesse! B) The tank is great, I have no complaints about it. The skimmer works well (though some haven't had as much success with theirs). The HQi will be a good choice. The standard T5's are fine, but they aren't nearly as good as could be since they lack individual reflectors. I added in my own. As for a heater, you always need a heater for any tank, just in case... ;) I'm using a 100w Hydor Theo in mine hooked up to my ACjr.

A clam is a gamble just like a fish, except a fish is a little easier to tell when something isn't right. Clam for $90 though??? I guess we've got it easy here in So. Cali with $30 clams at most stores! My most visited LFS has "4+ corceas for $40 I noticed yesterday. 955 of my clams I get from Miguel at Fraggle Reef though, he ALWAYS has the best clams of anyplace.

In any event I aquired a nice tuxedo/pincushin urchin as well as got a 6line wrasse last night. The tuxedo has already tossed a frag of zoas onto the top of it for camoflage, lol!

dude. don't lie! you can't find a 4" crocea down here for $40. the price is $30!

;)

miguel at fr :) .. i think i want to go myself to meet with joe so i can get clams too.

One of the ones I lost recently (black and gold maxima) was $50. But it had sedimental value at this point that was worth FAR more :(

lol sedimental value. allow me to show what sediment is.

27-Soft%20sediment.JPG

lol @ Abe. Yeah, clams are rather cheap down here, but of course the more unique looking ones will reign in a higher price always. I've had many clams and never spent over $50 for any single one, actually only one cost $50 and the rest were all UNDER $40 each!! Got one for $20 once in fact.

Obsessed Reefer

Phixion: Have you done anything with the flow? As with my original AIO, the 12G nano cube, I want to try and not add much, but that changed, as I added MH and a chiller to that tank, but I'm working on kinda a smaller budget for now, and really want to keep this basic, until I get some stuff in the tank. Is there anything else that is so called "needed"?

Obsessed Reefer

Also, how did you add individual reflectors, also also, lol, would you recommend getting the T5, or the HQI/T5? If I got the T5, I would want to add individual reflectors too, but how much are the reflectors?

Thing is with the reflectors, the ones I have aren't made anymore. I have the original TEKs which were "2 wide, the new TEK 2 filters are "3 wide and won't fit without either bending them (if it's possible) or serious modification, even then you'll be blocking out the actinic lights with them as the ones i have (only a pair for the daylight bulbs) barely leave enough space for the actinics to shine through. I'd definitely go HQI if you can.

As for flow, it's not necessary but I did upgrade my stock pump to a Rio 14HF which was a direct fit in. Stock pump flow is 475gph and the Rio is 840gph. Read around page 20 to get the scoop on the pump swap.

Those should work! They are "2 wide, so that should be fine. $320 is a deal, mine was $350 when I got it and that was the cheapest price on them (from Premium Aquatics) when I got mine December of '06...

Obsessed Reefer

Sweet! How did you actually add them in? Just screw them into the reflector? Or did you weld them or what?

Sweet! How did you actually add them in? Just screw them into the reflector? Or did you weld them or what?

Nope, they simply clip onto the bulbs, nothing to physically attach to the fixture. B)

Archived