Coral Vue Hydros

Phixion's Finnex 30g glass

Phixion

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dahlia! :)

WRX, the Finnex skimmer isn't too bad itself. ;) or at least I'm one of the talented few that can get it to work well with minimal micro bubbles.

Aww, no need to be jealous. I do try to keep as much color in it as possible though, especially bright greens and oranges that pop out under actinics! B) I know, I cheat lol!

Still remains my inspiration.

Thats a birdsnest near the bottom center? Right?

Thanks! I feel honored! :)

Sure is a birdsnest. I originally had it up near the top, then it started doing not so hot and bleaching... So I gave it to UrchinHead for a couple months to hurse back to health for me, and he did so very well! He had to give it back to me as it was somehow making all his other corals angry. When I got it back it was all colored back up nice, and was twice as large too!! Now a few months later and it's still doing good. I've left it on the bottom since that's where it seems happiest. Who'd have thought my skimpy 96w of T5 would be too intense...

There's also another birdsnest at the bottom left corner too. B)

Thanks Christel! :) BTW, the piece of cap you sent me is the one that's poking out from behind the rock on the right side of it near the top left, but towards the center... Ok, that made like no sense at all! :P

A crappy macro of some of my prized gem corals in this tank... A polyp of PPE in the front (that hitchhiked with some Jokers I had), nuclear greens behind that, some purple deaths in the back and my beloved almost "2x"2 watermelon chalice on the right, not sure if it's lineaged or not but don't really care either...

gems2.jpg

Nothing really new here. Just picked up a couple frags of these zoas from Reef-A-Palooza this past weekend! B)

vivid_zoas.jpg

Also my pH is finally slowly working it's way back up... :rolleyes:

Holy Cow!!! Your tank looks amazing!!! I wish you lived near Houston so we could trade at the frag swap this weekend B)

I love the colors of your tank, very nice!

Holy Cow!!! Your tank looks amazing!!! I wish you lived near Houston so we could trade at the frag swap this weekend B)

I love the colors of your tank, very nice!

Thank you much Lizzie, I much appreciate the compliments! :) We just had a nice well hobbiest event this past weekend called Reef-A-Palooza here in So. Cali. Some very nice stuff to be had there...

wow! just went through all the pages, took me all day as i had to still give the appearance i was actually working!! :lol: There was a lot of growth and upgrading going on in this thread, but look at the result!! The colors look great and i love the choice of lighting you ultimatly went for.

Nice one!!! ;) Gorgeous tank!

Thank you so much Annie! :) I definitely commend you for getting through all 2 and a half dozen pages, lol! I'm definitely happy with how it's turned and turning out. I just wish I could afford to do more to it that I'd like to do...

Yeah those zoas are nice I need some.

Once they start growing out (and when my urchin STOPS picking them up! :rolleyes: ) we'll work something out for a frag. ;)

Beautiful tank, I love the overall look all the zoas and LPS give.

Interestingly, I am running a very similar bulb configuration, and your light appears a lot more blue/white than mine. I have the UVL Actinic white, UVL Aquablue, UVL Super Actinic, and Current Blue 460nm. Mine has more of a purple/pink look.

Mine actually has a lot more purple look to it than the pics show or than the original 10,000K daylight and 460nM actinics had to them that were originally in the fixture. I just adjust the white balance on the camera to give it a more natural look to it.

• 2 weeks later...

SDT would be proud to know my pH is improving and stablizing. So I hadn't really eyed out my pH on my ACjr in a few days, but today I did when I got home from work around 6pm, and low and behold it had hit a daytime high of 8.15!! Quite good considering I had gotten lazy about dosing alk and hadn't dosed for at least a week now! But it's holding it's own and raising to good levels. You'd probably be dissapointed to know I'm going on almost 2 months since my last W/C on the tank, but it's getting better by the day it seems. My GHA is all gone, no cyano (that's been gone for a year now) and coral is all growing and doing well. The GHA dissapeared within the past month or so. The tank is doing well, pH and all now. :)

Archived