ReefCleaners.org

Uh oh, here I go again

kinetic

There definitely will be detritus buildup unless there is a lot more flow. My sump will only have like 1100 gph going through it, and only a bit of that going through the refugium. I want a ton of rock so that I can keep up with the NNR of the three times daily feeding of anthias and genicanthus ;)

I think you might do better with a bucket of sand for better NNR. Would be far easier to plumb...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
you are now the only reefer to sell over half of your planned tanks before they ever seen H2O congrats!

Not entirely true. I've sold two tanks that were dry, and now three. I've had a 32g m-tank that you have now, a 5.5g nano tank, and a 40g breeder. So only half ;)

The first one didn't work out, it was too small. The second one I sold because I thought I was moving soon, which then later changed. The last one I realized I didn't want acrylic anymore.

I'm very picky with what I want, and sometimes you don't know what you like until you see it in person. I'm just building up to my perfect setup. I'm taking it slow so that I'll be completely happy when it's all said and done.

I don't see why people don't understand that =/

Plus a big part of this hobby to me is the gear and the setup. I'm such a big fan of cool new systems, new technologies, and designs. Of course keeping a thriving reef is also one of my top priorities, since I already have that in a 40g, I might as well play around with my other gear.

edited....ok almost half, i know what your saying, i already want to change out the Mtank for a 40b i am getting at petco(if they have the 1$ gallon sale next week) then drill it with a in-tank overflow made my socal, and run a CL...im tired of the mtank the only thing i can do to it is upgrade the lights and skimmer.. boring... i want to just do a switch that way i can put new sand(i have to sift my sand once a week to reduce my nitates, because i dont have enought flow) and redo my rockwork, but for now i think i will just pick up the 40B and hold onto it.... =( i cant stand seeing empty tanks

but untill then i cant wait untill my K2s come in at AC in a few weeks i had them ordered

Archived