ReefCleaners.org

Uh oh, here I go again

kinetic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMFG! You have too many tanks.....Why dont you focus on making one tank really nice...

that's what I'm trying to do. this one will be the really nice one. In fact, I only have 2 tanks right now, one that's a holding tank for a scorpionfish temporarily, and a full blown 32g m-tank.

Why in the heck did you waste money on 1 inch thick acrylic? Thats got to be super expensive

why do you waste money on your bike when you can buy a little bycicle with training wheels?

There's a reason for 1" thick acrylic, you'll see soon ;)

a mantis. Do those need fuges though???

I hope its not a mantis, I hate them :rant:

Could you at least tell us what size tank it is? Looks like a 40-60 gallon tank to me.

MJD

well there's a few reasons, and it's actually not a mantis.

the thickness of the walls makes it look smaller than it is. i'll give you guys an update soon ;)

the thicker the acrylic, the less chance the temperature will reach the outside surface of the tank, thus no condensation, so what you said would make sense.

the thicker the acrylic, the less chance the temperature will reach the outside surface of the tank, thus no condensation, so what you said would make sense.

you must be blessed with money ;)

thanks, the stand is stained a dark red, and it's made of oak. I wanted a dark cherry look =)

The top is totally open top, as you can see it's a braceless / trimless tank (polished edges, rounded corners inside and out). Hanging a pendant as well.

The stand is 36" tall, the tank is 22" tall, so about 58" in height total.

I have a problem though... I was going to mount 4x tunze 6045's on the back wall, but the backwall is 1"+ thick, and the mag mounts won't hold I think.

I may grind 1/4" of it away to mount them... any ideas?

Archived