Coral Vue Hydros

Pics of my new octopus

Fishfreak218

lol true^^

but idk just kinda freaky that it could kill me.. or wat if it got out of the tank and my dogs (which BTW i have an 8 week old puppy now!) or my cat or worse my baby sister decided to play with it/ stick it in mouth/ eat it

lol

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you really dont like someone at school....

Lol JUST PLAYING AROUND WITH THAT! haha

Blue ring would be awsome. Is their poison as bad as a Zoanthids neurotoxin?

lol^^^

zoanthids arent that bad.. and most dont have that palyotoxin (i think thats wat its called) from what i know...

and yes it is worse.. if i remember correctly it can kill you

lol^^^

zoanthids arent that bad.. and most dont have that palyotoxin (i think thats wat its called) from what i know...

and yes it is worse.. if i remember correctly it can kill you

Yeah, one bite is all it takes. Their saliva is super toxic and will paralize you within minutes and you'll die of asphixiation(sp) People have had crazy episodes where they are completely paralized but still see and hear everything... doctors working on them and stuff. They say they think the old voodoo doctors would use blue ring poison to make people seem dead and when they'd wake up everyone thought they were zombies. Theyre using it for cancer resaech right now as well. Really amazing stuff. There was a cool show on discovery about poisons in nature and their possible benefits for humans, it was perty neet. Ive always wanted to have a blue ring though, just because its so dangerous.

Dan

I miss both my bimacs dearly Emma the first one lived for 14mos!!! then one day her eggs spawed( this is possible because I collected here in the wild, as some of you know they can take sperm and hold on to it until they are ready to lay thier eggs) I was able to raise three of the fry and I sold them to some qualified owners. I did keep one, David and he died in August :(

ReefApprentice

Mine is captive bred. I have a lot, are you interested in one? They are ready in 1.5 weeks. LMK

alex

:D I have to hand it to you .. I am impressed But im sure.. in time we'll figure out a way to keep it alive for much longer than a year. After all.. we're figuring out how to keep great whites in captivity. well so much so.. hasnt gone so well.. But.. They've kept one for about 7 months let it go.. caught it again ..7 months an let it go. though :lol: im still puzzled.

I think Voodoo originated in Africa and moved to the Caribbean during the slave trade, so how they used Blue Rings is beyond me ;]

they used the toxin of puffers.

lol,

im not really doing anything.. i feel actually really bad because he isnt eating but judging from his size and my water quality he is full grown and just at the end of his life (unfortunatly)

upgrades for this tank will be 96w 6700k PC light, a CSS 65 (of its own), S. Bandensis, and macroalgea + a lil extra coral i have no place for

I took down my bimac tank, but thanks for the offer reefapprentice. If you wanted to sell any there are plenty of people looking on Tonmo.com there is a great demand for captive raised bimacs

Scratch that I Might be able to set everything up again....i just have to makae up my mind.... How old will they be in 1.5 weeks?

ReefApprentice
I took down my bimac tank, but thanks for the offer reefapprentice. If you wanted to sell any there are plenty of people looking on Tonmo.com there is a great demand for captive raised bimacs

Scratch that I Might be able to set everything up again....i just have to makae up my mind.... How old will they be in 1.5 weeks?

In 1.5 weeks they will be 3 months old I think. I am in 90275.

:D I have to hand it to you .. I am impressed But im sure.. in time we'll figure out a way to keep it alive for much longer than a year. After all.. we're figuring out how to keep great whites in captivity. well so much so.. hasnt gone so well.. But.. They've kept one for about 7 months let it go.. caught it again ..7 months an let it go. though :lol: im still puzzled.

Lol..That's like saying you are going to stay alive till you are 200. They only live 1-1.5 years in nature. No harm no foul, always learning.

Archived