Pod Your Reef

Custom 18x18x18 inch cube in England (with pictures)

jemram

Fantastic setup!

where did get your rock from? STM?

Yep, it's STM 'Premium Grade'. I was going to go for their 'Ultra Grade' but they were out of stock.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
burtbollinger
Yep, it's STM 'Premium Grade'. I was going to go for their 'Ultra Grade' but they were out of stock.

looks really really cool....love how the tank seems situated in sorta the center of the room...keep updating this thread. Peace from St. Louis, MO...Go Cards!

looks really really cool....love how the tank seems situated in sorta the center of the room...keep updating this thread. Peace from St. Louis, MO...Go Cards!

It is in the middle of the room ;)

Some of the cleanup crew have been in a couple of days now. I've got 6 Turbo snails and 10 Nassarius snails. I'm going to add some Cerith snails too when my LFS have them in stock.

I've also added an Aquamedic Mini Chiller too, as the temp was getting too high with the heat from the pump and the light.

And lastly, I now have fish. Yesterday I added a Sixline Wrasse, a pair of black clowns and a Scooter Dragonet (who actively eats frozen food). I know that seems a sudden shock of bioload, but I'm now going to let the tank adjust to the bioload before adding any corals. I'm also going to keep a close eye on ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and do a 5 gallon water change every 4 days.

I'll post pictures later as I'm at work at the moment.

oh my god, your fish are so cool, i live in england too, and i have just set up the tank like 4 days ago, and i am looking to get a clown, sixline and yellow watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair, and now i really want to have a scooter blenny, they are so cool, and i am going to look out for one that eats frozen food.

Today I added just one coral to 'test the water' (even though ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and phosphate are all zero).

Within 5 mins of going into the tank this plate coral was fully inflated and looks to be very happy :D

IMG_2959-01.jpg

My sixline was being nosey as always!

IMG_3024-01.jpg

As the plate coral settled so quickly and so well, today I went back and got a total on 9 corals. All of them are fully open other than a hammer coral with is opening slowly, and a couple of leathers which havent opened yet (they have only beed in about an hour).

Here's some pictures:

IMG_3062-01.jpg

IMG_3059-01.jpg

IMG_3049-01.jpg

IMG_3043-01.jpg

IMG_3034-01.jpg

IMG_3032-01.jpg

IMG_3029-01.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I am in love with your tank, I think I am going to have to steal it. :ninja:

You'll need a plane ticket to England then :P

I still think it's funny when I say to people over here that I have a full reef tank thats less then 25gallons and they think I'm nuts for keeping corals in such a small tank. Seems the commonly accepted minium size for a reef tank over here is 60gallons+. When I say I dont have a skimmer too they think I'm totaly crazy!

You'll need a plane ticket to England then :P

I still think it's funny when I say to people over here that I have a full reef tank thats less then 25gallons and they think I'm nuts for keeping corals in such a small tank. Seems the commonly accepted minium size for a reef tank over here is 60gallons+. When I say I dont have a skimmer too they think I'm totaly crazy!

I know what you mean, i was speaking to one of the lfs's and they wouldn't let me buy a tank, smaller than 30g for a mrine tank, so i went somewhere else, and i bought a nano cube 24 :P

I know what you mean, i was speaking to one of the lfs's and they wouldn't let me buy a tank, smaller than 30g for a mrine tank, so i went somewhere else, and i bought a nano cube 24 :P

Where are you based grink?

im in north london, you?? the lfs i go to is "home marine" and "wildwoods".

Where are you, and what are you lfs'?

I'm up in North Cambridgeshire (cant say too much as Travis wants to fly over and steal my tank :o ). My lfs is Maidenhead Aquatics near Peterborough, but my live rock came from STM, as will my next lot of corals.

Jeremy,

You have really outdone yourself bro. The tank is beautiful. Great fish choices too!

- Chad

Thanks Chad, and thanks again for the original idea.

Here's three macro shots I took this evening:

IMG_3098-01.jpg

IMG_3084-01.jpg

IMG_3117-01.jpg

Archived