SaltCritters.com

Trav's 20 Long

Travis

Hey, guys hows it goin? Well this will be my thread for my new 20 long.

As of now I only have the tank, stand, and lights set up.

Here's the picture.

Empty-20-Long.jpg

What do you guys think?

Tomorrow I will be getting in my stuff for the SCWD wavemaker. I will post pics when that project is done.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations! After many weeks (months?) of lurking about and contesting conventional views on reef-keeping (not a bad thing), leaving feedback on other ppl's threads, you have finally done it! Looks great so far! And daaang...that stand of yours is slick! Where'd ya get it? =) Good luck w/ the set-up!

Um..Tigah, I have kept nano's before. My Current set up is a MiniBow7...

Anyways, I don't have any water or sand in the tank as of yet. The sand i am using is Figi Pink.

Click on the link in my signature to see my current set-up.

BTW, Thanks :happy:

Haha...I never meant to imply that you didn't keep nanos before. I was referring to your lengthy research in preparation for your 20g long. which I commend you for. my bad if i did. =)

Ah, I guess I just read it wrong lol. but yeah, it's been over a month of PURE research. I just got the tank, stand, and lights in a few days ago. I will diffinantly be takeing thigs slow, the cycle I mean.

On Saturday, along with the wavemaker project, I will be doing my auto-top off foatswitch system.

Pics are soon to come :) (2 days)

ok, sry guys, but I will have to take pics for tomorrow, I went to the hardware store to buy all my fittings and stuff, and I did, but I forgot a few things and they closed before I could get to them. so I will go to a Lowes or Home Depot tomorrow and get the fittings.

Question: Is it alright if I use a RUBBER hose? It's made for a car's heater were the water comes in.

No, the rubber in those may leech toxins. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't use anything designed for automotive uses in a reeftank(cept for maybe l.e.d.s or something).

Well, I have compleatly set up the SCWD Wavmaker with Mag-5 and have the CPR Aquafuge running (just a place to run a bag of carbon and Hide the heater). I will post pics in the morning :).

Archived