SaltCritters.com

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

I've joined the pico club. Purchased a Mr. Aqua 7.5g Rimless Cube and downsized from my 20g Long. I transferred everything over on Saturday. It's so much better looking!

Changes..

September 7, 2012 Back up and Running!

DSC05373.JPG

February 9, 2011

IMG_0046-2.JPG

_MG_0165-1.jpg

December 24, 2010

IMG_0013.jpg

December 9, 2010

IMG_0001.JPG

May 17, 2010

_MG_0100.jpg

April 17, 2010

_MG_0045.JPG

_MG_0040.JPG

June 29, 2009

_MG_4328.JPG

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! The clown does host it, but it seems like only at night. Everything was still kind of mad from being moved from my 20g, so a lot of it was closed up and shrunk.

I'm using a 150W MH from FishNeedIt, an Aqua Clear 20 and 125W Stealth Heater. I have a Koralia Nano 1 in there for additional flow, but I want to get a MP10 so it's less bulky. The 1 takes up a lot of space in the tank.

_MG_0024.JPG

_MG_0021.JPG

It doesn't look that blue in person. I just haven't figured out the proper settings on my DSLR to take pictures of an aquarium.

Thanks! The clown does host it, but it seems like only at night. Everything was still kind of mad from being moved from my 20g, so a lot of it was closed up and shrunk.

I'm using a 150W MH from FishNeedIt, an Aqua Clear 20 and 125W Stealth Heater. I have a Koralia Nano 1 in there for additional flow, but I want to get a MP10 so it's less bulky. The 1 takes up a lot of space in the tank.

_MG_0024.JPG

_MG_0021.JPG

It doesn't look that blue in person. I just haven't figured out the proper settings on my DSLR to take pictures of an aquarium.

Thanks for the info! Is that one of Deli's 12" cubes? How high from the water line is your pendant? I've considered something similar (possibly only a 5G tank) but don't really want to get the 70W pendant if the 150W will work too. I am new to the hobby and considering something like a JBJ Pico or similar, but want a light & filter that I can move to a bigger tank if desired.

For the camera, try playing with your whitebalance. Shade is usually the preset the is the coolest, but that's only around 10KK or so. If you can adjust it more than that manually start out with 12K or so. You'll probably still need some adjustment in photoshop/lightroom/whatever. I haven't done any aquarium photography so this is general theoretical photography advice. Shooting in RAW is also preferred because WB isn't set in stone and can be freely adjusted.

Freakin, the light is about 6" above the water line. I previously had this light on my 20g and it worked great. This tank is a much smaller area, so my corals are probably getting a more focused area of light. I'll be monitoring them over the next week or two to see how they react to it.

_MG_0031.JPG

_MG_0032.JPG

_MG_0034.JPG

_MG_0035.JPG

_MG_0037.JPG

_MG_0040.JPG

_MG_0048.JPG

_MG_0056.JPG

_MG_0059.JPG

_MG_0060.JPG

_MG_0065.JPG

The tank looks awesome! Are you worried about too much heat from the halide?

Thank you! I'm worried a little bit. I've seen my temps kind of jump around a few degrees, so it certainly worries me. Especially with summer coming up. I've got a temp probe in there so I can at least monitor it. If it starts getting out of hand I'll have to either add some fans to blow across the top or get a chiller. I could alternately hang the light and put some distance between it and the tank too.

do u have a pic of your whole set-up im looking to do the same tank im tryin g to get ideas thank you!

Are you looking for a picture of the stand and equipment as well as the tank? Let me know and I'll take some shots and post them for you.

Is that a macro algae or coral? And what is its name?

It looks like a macro.

Regardless, your tank is impressive.

Actually it's a coral. GSP (Green Star Polyps) to be exact. Most people find it really intrusive because of how quickly it spreads, but I kind of dig it. Though it has started to sting my monti cap that's next to it. Thank you though!

• 2 weeks later...
Real nice tank, you should get rid of those aips before they take over though...

Thanks! Yeah I know. I haven't gotten around to it. There's quite a few (not a ton) in the tank, but I'm not all that concerned with them yet. I might add a peppermint shrimp down the road to see if it'll take care of them, otherwise I haven't really researched the proper "disposal" methods.

I've got one stuck to my K1 as well. Not entirely sure how the bugger managed to get up there, but it seems to enjoy the location.

Found this little guy crawling across the glass when I got home just a little bit ago. He's got some really cool colors that would be impossible for me to capture right now.

IMG_0007.JPG

I do believe the consensus on this forum is that nudibranches are bad. Is that correct?

Well, I think I'm pretty much screwed. I don't know where that guy went, but I noticed some eggs clinging to the glass. Then I noticed a white spot on my green encrusting monti. I'll have to investigate it more tomorrow to see if there are additional eggs. I really, really hope I don't lose it.

Archived