ReefCleaners.org

Tundrashauls 20gal. long

tundrashaul

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Than you , the sump is somewhat of a sunrise version, the display tank is more of a deep sea noon.

the stick on therm. is from a previous fresh setup years ago and will be replaced with digital therm, if nyone was gonna ask!

I dig your paint work....very original.

Not everyone needs to be a clone.....with a black or blue background. I think it is cool.

Are you planning on scraping the back everyday to prevent nuisance/coraline from blocking your mural? If so, make sure you leave enough room between your rocks and the back.......

looks badass!

thanks , wasnt sure how it was gonna turn out, im planning on the two island set, and am gonna leave plenty of room for cleaning. still need to make a new bottom for stand so i can lower sump tank a few inches there is only bout 6-7" between to of sump and stand. just gonna transfer the platform from he top of base level to botton. so 3-4" on sump will be covered buy lower support, but i need the room for maint.

Thanks curry, ive been resisting the urge to fill now/paint need to cure. im gonne wait till bulk heads are installed so i can leak test them with fresh tap. i will take pics then but i dont have my light yet so that will be the final reveal to me. want to make sure i have all i need before sw and liverock. that should be in the next few weeks, having fun just planning the system and components for now. from what ive been reading rushing in tends to be the biggest mistake, so ive been takin it nice and slow, (still have a 55g with 10 malawi cichlids for now so i have somethin to look at).

Update, just got finished making fuge baffles/ bubble traps. didnt take much at all, or long for that once designed the layout, from right to left ill have intake and skimmer in first chamb, fuge with rock, sand and others, final chamber will house heater and return pump. dont know if i need to install small baffles, 3" or so next to bubble traps in fuge chamber to hold sand. pics below, and suggestions, im all ears. thanks

post-50586-1266797177_thumb.jpg

post-50586-1266797191_thumb.jpg

To add i ordered a bubble magus nac3 last night/ rated 25-80 gallong and fits where i need it too, they look like they do a great job and very reasonable.

Thank you much, still waiting on tax check to purchase my light, pump, refract., and other test kits. then i can start picking rock and sand, then ill be readt to fill her and start cycle, ive been waiting soooooo long to start, i wanted to make sure i had good bit of knowledge to start, but these last few weeks of anticipation have been killer.

Quick question for anyone who may know. is there a dual zone digital temp probe so i can read temp in dp and sump at same time. thanks

Thank you much, still waiting on tax check to purchase my light, pump, refract., and other test kits. then i can start picking rock and sand, then ill be readt to fill her and start cycle, ive been waiting soooooo long to start, i wanted to make sure i had good bit of knowledge to start, but these last few weeks of anticipation have been killer.

haha. This hobby will teach us all patience eventually. So hard to wait. Can't wait to see that thing filled up.

haha. This hobby will teach us all patience eventually. So hard to wait. Can't wait to see that thing filled up.

Agreed.

i just leak checked the lower baffles on the sump/fuge and NO LEAKS, I used dap 100% silicone for ceramic and glass, salt and freshwater aquarium safe, and it did a really good job, this particular producthas a 30 gallon max rating and not good for water deeper than 18". fits my needs.

hey all, istill hve a whole panel of eggcrate, and ideas of how i can utilize it in my fuge, i was thining of some kind of media trays but are these necessary in a fuge system? maybe carbon tray under intake for when needed? thank yall

Got my skimmer today, be a while before i get to use it, but still excited.

First Pic is How it arrived in just 3 days

second are parts laid out, it is a bubble magus nac3+, the pump goes under cylinder so very small footprint

post-50586-1267159726_thumb.jpg

post-50586-1267159842_thumb.jpg

i know gettin close to at least test fun everything soon, need to wait for my dad to finish stand so i can finish plumbing, wanna keep ball valves and things underneath. things are pretty slow with work right now so i dont want to set up till i know i can afford to properly maintain it. most expensive pieces are almost all acquired, just gonna get light and sump pump next week. aquaticlife 4xt5 30" and an eheim 1048 pump.

Got my skimmer today, be a while before i get to use it, but still excited.

First Pic is How it arrived in just 3 days

second are parts laid out, it is a bubble magus nac3+, the pump goes under cylinder so very small footprint

Never seen one before. Where do you get it at?

If you can afford live rock I'd throw that in and just let the tank sit there and bake for however long it takes till your funds situation is straight. All the time the thing just sits there sorting itself out is to your advantage in the long run anyway, and shouldn't cost you much more than the electricity to keep it humming in the interim.

Never seen one before. Where do you get it at?

found it on e-bay, seller was merchant village, shipped from ny city got here quick, cost bout 110, only ones i could find too, he only had 3 so i juped on one, wasnt the most important item at this time, but i was in a bind with space constraints and this one has like a 4x6 footprint so its tucks nicely into my 10 gal sump.

Archived