Coral Vue Hydros

Mustang Boy's 5g hex Contest Tank

Mustang Boy

ok here is my official entry into the contest

contestentry.jpg

i will update the pic anytime ive done anything even semi major to the layout, equipment, stocking, etc.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
ok here is my official entry into the contest

contestentry.jpg

i will update the pic anytime ive done anything even semi major to the layout, equipment, stocking, etc.

Congrats!

Good idea on the puppy! ;)

Remember, you HAVE to put a FTS on the FTS thread every other Sunday. The FTS thread will be made on January 25, 2010 when you are aloud to add rock, sand, water, and life.

If you do not follow the directions correctly on the FTS thread or you miss a FTS you will de DQ'd.

animalmaster6
ok i will do my best to remember every other sunday, and i guess this means i need to find a stand for this thing soon lol.

You don't need a stand. And you don't have to post any pics except for the FTS deadline. If you only post FTS you definetly won't win though obviously.

When a FTS is due I will remind everybody.

hopefully my lil ol camera phone will take good enough pics to do good in the contest lol.

and yes i need a stand unless im gonna set this thing on the floor for my dog to sniff around in lol, im looking for a suitable nightstand to put it on actually to have it right by my bed which when the lights come on should wake me up pretty well and pretty early lol

animalmaster6
hopefully my lil ol camera phone will take good enough pics to do good in the contest lol.

and yes i need a stand unless im gonna set this thing on the floor for my dog to sniff around in lol, im looking for a suitable nightstand to put it on actually to have it right by my bed which when the lights come on should wake me up pretty well and pretty early lol

lol

Right next to your bed is a good idea!

ok im bored and just thought i would update my thread a little with the equipment that i have ordered already.

equipment ordered to date:

hydor pico 600 pump - ordered drs.fs $12.79

aquarium surface skimmer - ordered drs.fs $7.49

marineland stealth heater 25w - ordered drs.fs $19.49(might not be using)

AC30 - ordered from a member from another forum $20 shipped

hydor theo 50w heater - ordered from same member as the filter he threw this heater in for free(might use this instead of the stealth since its a little shorter)

equipment in hand:

5g eclipse hex tank - free christmas present

Nova Extreme Pro - purchased with a 46g tank for an extra $50

Pex pipe and CPVC assorted connecting pieces - purchased from Home Depot for ~$15

now i know all the equipment i have ordered or acquired so far with the exception of the light doesnt need to be cataloged but i am trying for a personal goal to try and see if i can get all my equipment for under the light budget.

animalmaster6
ok im bored and just thought i would update my thread a little with the equipment that i have ordered already.

equipment ordered to date:

hydor pico 600 pump - ordered drs.fs $12.79

aquarium surface skimmer - ordered drs.fs $7.49

marineland stealth heater 25w - ordered drs.fs $19.49(might not be using)

AC30 - ordered from a member from another forum $20 shipped

hydor theo 50w heater - ordered from same member as the filter he threw this heater in for free(might use this instead of the stealth since its a little shorter)

equipment in hand:

5g eclipse hex tank - free christmas present

Nova Extreme Pro - purchased with a 46g tank for an extra $50

Pex pipe and CPVC assorted connecting pieces - purchased from Home Depot for ~$15

now i know all the equipment i have ordered or acquired so far with the exception of the light doesnt need to be cataloged but i am trying for a personal goal to try and see if i can get all my equipment for under the light budget.

It's coming along :happy:

ok i just got home from the LFS where i picked up 6lbs of the smallest pieces of dead rock he had. so thursday when my package from dr.fs gets here ill start playing with the rocks to see how im gonna scape everything. they didnt have the sand i wanted but i told them all the details on it and they said if they were able to order some the would order me a bag and it would be here thursday so *fingers crossed*

animalmaster6
ok i just got home from the LFS where i picked up 6lbs of the smallest pieces of dead rock he had. so thursday when my package from dr.fs gets here ill start playing with the rocks to see how im gonna scape everything. they didnt have the sand i wanted but i told them all the details on it and they said if they were able to order some the would order me a bag and it would be here thursday so *fingers crossed*

:happydance:

yep the equipment list is coming along nicely. once my package gets here from dr.fs thursday ill be able to place all the equipment in and start playing with my rocks to see what would look best.

ok i took along time and taped off 3 sides of the tank and spray painted the 3 back side black. only downside is i thought i got all the dog hair off the tank but i was wrong so once it dries i have to go back and peel all the dog hair out of it and put a second coat on lol.

downloading pics now will post them when im done downloading

Come on how long does it take to download a picture!!!! :haha:

i dont know whats taking so long i took the pics with my phone and sent them to my email as i was typing that message and they still havnt gotten there yet, im gonna resend them to my email now.

ok FINALLY i resent the pics and they arrived right away and without further waiting here they are.

first angle of the tank taped up and covered in news paper

paintprep1.jpg

second angle of the tank taped and papered

paintprep2.jpg

yet another angle with the can of krylon fusion

paintprep3.jpg

first angle of the first coat of paint. it started getting dark fast outside so these last 2 pics are kinda dark

paintprep4.jpg

last pic of the first coat

paintprep5.jpg

thanks. im gonna let it cure(inside) tonight and tomorrow ill peel all the dog hair off it and give it a much needed second coat.

animalmaster6

Awesome!!!!!

Thanks soooooooo much for helping me out on the contest thread with the Q's!

Like I said been extremely busy with school!

Awesome!!!!!

Thanks soooooooo much for helping me out on the contest thread with the Q's!

Like I said been extremely busy with school!

thanks for the compliment.

and yea im not working right now so im on here alot n i know you guys arent on 24/7 so when i see a question that i feel confident that i can answer i do that way it helps to keep the question from getting pushed back from all our other conversatioin we have going on in that thread lol

Archived