Coral Vue Hydros

Help Help Help I think my Tang has ick and he is dying before my eyes!

humatrigger

I woke up and my Tang who was perfectly healthy yesterday with his normal swimming 100mph around the tank behavior and I woke up to go to school and he is white!!!! It looks like he has a parasite looking thing on his stomach and I want to cry because I can see him suffering on the floor of the tank. I think a mother trucking $3 snail had it because yesterday it had a giant cottonball looking thing on it and I was going to post but my friend pulled it off which was probably stupid. Please help, I have coral and a clownfish too and I would probably cry and I don't cry to often.... Sorry I am really frantic right now.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I woke up and my Tang who was perfectly healthy yesterday with his normal swimming 100mph around the tank behavior and I woke up to go to school and he is white!!!! It looks like he has a parasite looking thing on his stomach and I want to cry because I can see him suffering on the floor of the tank. I think a mother trucking $3 snail had it because yesterday it had a giant cottonball looking thing on it and I was going to post but my friend pulled it off which was probably stupid. Please help, I have coral and a clownfish too and I would probably cry and I don't cry to often.... Sorry I am really frantic right now.

OK I guess my whole tank can fail while I'm at school...

What is wrong with people! His TANG was swimming a 100 mph in a new 14 gallon hmmmmm i wonder why? Please read and learn before u start a tank! now flush it and get to school little guy! :o

supreme_spork
People should definitely use this thread as a learning lesson to others.

If you want a Tang... don't buy a nano-tank!<BR>

Good advice for sure, but in this case you can also add "don't be a spastic pothead".

This kid is screaming about nitrites one day, adding sugar to his tank and doing massive water changes the next day to help the cycle, buying corals and clownfish immediately after that, then adding a tang just for kicks... I think he's hitting the bong too hard.

WARNING: Junior is already notorious and doesn't listen to reason. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...178756&st=0 -- no need to be gentle. Probably best to ignore him until he runs out of money.

:lol:

PWN

you deserve it

you just have have to kill and torture so many things dont you?

GTFO

you need to get out of this hobby immeadiately, your just not smart enough

Im sorry

I just read the rest of your threads

I stand with my original assesment

you may want to try keeping a goldfish or guppy tank...

it more your level

so the tang is in your brand new 14 gallon biocube with other fish? and your tank may not even be cycled? http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...c=183092&hl=

of course it's dying, and there's nothing you can do at this point i would imagine other than flush it.

Well, not always true. I saved my Tang from Marine Velvet which is worse then ick. I used the garlic method to help him heal. Ecosystems has the best garlic out there. If you have the money I would order it and have it shipped overnight. That is if you can afford it.

What is the temp of your tank? Generally fish get ick and velvet if they are stressed (I lost my electricity for a few days one winter) in someway as it leaves their natural resources down. My tang by the way lived 8 years until I moved and left someone else to watch him for a month. My fault, but I did get him through the marine velvet.

Also, how old is your tang and what size tank?

supreme_spork
Well, not always true. I saved my Tang from Marine Velvet which is worse then ick. I used the garlic method to help him heal. Ecosystems has the best garlic out there. If you have the money I would order it and have it shipped overnight. That is if you can afford it.

What is the temp of your tank? Generally fish get ick and velvet if they are stressed (I lost my electricity for a few days one winter) in someway as it leaves their natural resources down. My tang by the way lived 8 years until I moved and left someone else to watch him for a month. My fault, but I did get him through the marine velvet.

you're not paying attention.

Apparently it's a BC14, which explains the stress component.

you're not paying attention.

Of course I am, you are telling someone to flush a living animal. As for going back and reading his other posts, I do not have that much time on my hand. I was answering it based on this post. So, yes I am paying attention - you told him to flush a live animal.

+1. Part of the answers to your questions are in the text you quoted.

Scott, again I am paying attention. I answer this post. I do not have all the time in the world to go see prior posts written by any user. If others do have that time, then I say kadoos to them.

Of course I am, you are telling someone to flush a living animal. As for going back and reading his other posts, I do not have that much time on my hand. I was answering it based on this post. So, yes I am paying attention - you told him to flush a live animal.

Scott, again I am paying attention. I answer this post. I do not have all the time in the world to go see prior posts written by any user. If others do have that time, then I say kadoos to them.

Laura, I was referring to post #16 in this thread. You asked what size tank. You quoted SS where he said it's a BC14. :)

Apparently it's a BC14, which explains the stress component.

Based on his posting, it is not apparent he has a BC14 tank. I was answering based on his post about a sick tang. I did ask him for the size of the tank. If/when he answers back that the tank is only 14 gallons then I will tell him how wrong he is....

Laura, I was referring to post #16 in this thread. You asked what size tank. You quoted SS where he said it's a BC14. :)

I was not really quoting him, I was responding to his comments about flushing a live fish who is not dead yet.

supreme_spork

If you don't have time to review prior posts for history, you probably don't have time to offer quality guidance and advice. Had you understood anything about this kid, you would understand exactly why there is likely no hope for this particular fish in this particular situation.

I was not really quoting him, I was responding to his comments about flushing a live fish who is not dead yet.

OK. All of us have tried to help the OP and he hasn't listened to good advice. He does not have the capability to save this fish unless he can get it somewhere where it isn't stressed. We're telling you he has it in a BC14. You don't have to take our word for it, but it is true nonetheless.

Archived