ReefCleaners.org

25 gallon shallow reef

mmike1992

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow very nice setup are those fixed flow peristaltic pumps I had some very simlar on my system but they both burned out about 6 months into it and overdose my Ak I i use masterflex lab grade pump. Is you tank a custom job if so were did you get it?

Wow very nice setup are those fixed flow peristaltic pumps I had some very simlar on my system but they both burned out about 6 months into it and overdose my Ak I i use masterflex lab grade pump. Is you tank a custom job if so were did you get it?

the peristaltic pumps are fixed flow,they were free from my job they are industrial quality they are pretty reliable. it is a custom 22*19*16 made by glasscages thanks,mike

some specs

-diy fixture 2-18"atinic vho's 150 watt hqi 14k phen. couple of moonlights

-40px panworld return pump

-tunze nano skimmer

-mp20 vortec (replaced tunze 6025)

-jbj 1/20 chiller

livestock

2 black percula

-rusty goby

-randell goby/randell pistol

-purple firefish

-yellow goby

-blenny

various zoos,couple of montis ,couple of lps

• 2 weeks later...

i changed out my nanostream for a mp20 vortec powerhead i was thinking that it may be too much flow even dialed down but it is def. not. i could put this at full speed and my sand bed hardly moves.i was able to create a small wave also.i also changed my bulb to ushio 20k i think this bulb is perfect color. also using coral frenzy once or twice a week and i wound up with nasty cyno on the sand bed.

DSC_0122.jpg

• 1 month later...

i added a foam/rock background that had been curing for about 3 weeks. it was fairly easy to do. and gave me alot of options for coral placement everything is fine with the tank other than some bubble algea that i am going to just let it run its course.

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

very very nice.Im also planing a new tank close in size to yours.Im thinking 24x24x14 and was going to do the foam crushed rock back wall also.But i wanna stock only zoas on the wall.

so dont say i stole ideas from you lol when i get started on mine......

Keep updates coming

also may i ask what using for stand?is it also custom made?

awesome tank!!! Why'd u get rid of your nanostream?? did you have the controller with it?

no controller on the nanostream,it was there smallest gph the vortec with the controller was a big upgrade for me you have alot of different flow options

thanks,mike

no controller on the nanostream,it was there smallest gph the vortec with the controller was a big upgrade for me you have alot of different flow options

thanks,mike

I ask bc I currently have a koralia but am replacing with the nanostream plus controller, but i also have a vortec that was on my 46 gallon with the wave maker upgrade.....your tank is making me doubt ordering the nanostream and thinking maybe I should just through the vortec on there. It's only a 25 gallon.

I ask bc I currently have a koralia but am replacing with the nanostream plus controller, but i also have a vortec that was on my 46 gallon with the wave maker upgrade.....your tank is making me doubt ordering the nanostream and thinking maybe I should just through the vortec on there. It's only a 25 gallon.

i have not owned the tunze with controller i am sure it would work well . i have the mp20 which is a very wide flow i could almost put the flow at full tilt in my tank and the sand would hardly move but the mp40 would probably be overkill especially if you have a sand bed

Archived