inTank Media Baskets

Prowland's Aquapod 24

Prowland

Okay so the time is getting closer to the purchase of my ap24.

I have compiled a list of what I am planning on ordering from www.premiumaquatics.com

Here is what it looks like thus far:

Aquapod 24g

Modular surface skimmer

Live rock rubble for the 1st chamber

Maxijet 900 to replace stock pump

Hydor FLO

Mag float

Coralife digital thermometer

Buff tuff aquarium cleaning pads

TUNZE universal mini pump for extra circulation where needed

IO salt mix 10gal bags x 3

Tropic Eden Aragasnow 30lbs

Rock Pool Bottom Crude 5lbs to mix in

Seachem Purigen

Seachem Seagel

Sapphire NanoSkimmer AP24

Knockdown Pedestal Stand for AquaPod 24

Stuff I already have:

20+ lbs live rock in 10 gal established

Oceans blend 2 part

Test kits

False perc pair

Some coral

Emrald crab

Lots of mermits and snails

So what do you think about the list thus far? I am planning on getting a chiller, ATO, and upgrading the light at a later date as this should cost me enough money at the moment.

I am also debating on what to add as a 3rd or possible 4th fish.

Tell me what you think and any other suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone have any advice on what I am getting???

I have a frankentank and want something a little more all in one looking.

Thanks!

Update!

Well I went to premium aquatics today and got the tank and most of what I had on the list!!!

They were out of the purigen and I decided on getting a maxijet 1200 in place of the 900. I also purchased a TDS meter to see how the tap water is around here.

I got the knock down stand and put it together wrong so that is what I am going to be doing tomorrow morning.

I know how you all are with all text and no pics so here is a shot of some of the goodies...

P1010098.jpg

Water in it tomorrow and pics to follow

Got water in it and salt...

Okay so how full do you all run your cubes?

I have a hydor flo hooked up to the maxijet 1200 and it seems to be to high in the tank and will just splash a lot of water.

I switched back to the loc line and am going to put the hydor on a maxijet 600 I have in my 10 gal most likely.

Well I will take some pics when I get back from graduation tonight.

Thanks Mephix.

It is a powerstrip that target had on clearence for $9.99... I can't remember the name of it but it has a digital timer on four of the plugs.

Do you all still fill the chamber with the pump with rock rubble?

I was wondering why my water level was so low in the back chaimbers and I realized that I had all the inlets blocked with the small black plastic parts that come with the tank.

I removed some of them and now my water level is too high to run the skimmer with out making it taller. I used some rock rubble to raise it up a bit.

Now I can't close the top with out taking the collection cup almost flat.

I put some of the plactic parts back in but that is not seeming to help.

I have to go to work now and will take some pics tonight.

I have my rocks and some coral and fish from my 10 gal. Hope everything likes the new home. The rock looks so tiny in the 24gal as compared to my 10 that I had it in. I kind of like the openness of it now. More room for the fishies to swim.

I took the tunze pump out and plan on putting it back in after the chiller purchase.

Thanks for looking!

Well here are some pics of the tank thus far...

FTS

P1010006-1.jpg

coral

P1010011.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010001.jpg

I am going to run to the lfs and look for an addition to the tank for today!

any questions, comments, and suggestions are more than welcome!

I swear the magnet scratched the inside of my new aquapod...I just noticed last night.

Have you had any issues with keeping the temp regulated...looks like you have the sunpod on top? I have the 24g with the 150 HQI and the water can heat up to about 83 degrees. I have a fan cooling it and it stays at about 79 now.

Problem is that I just bought a pair of clowns and am paranoid that they'll jump. So I have the glass top on and I'm not sure how I'm going to cool now.

Anyway, good pics.

indyreefer

Great start to the new tank. I would put more rock in, but that's just me. I'm in the Indy area and I was at Premium Aquatics on Sat. They had a Great selection of coral and LR. Also what LFS('s) do you use? I heard of one in Avon that I haven't tried, but I might soon.

Good Luck on the tank!

balagan I dont have the sunpod... I just had the lid up

I am dealing with the heat in my tank as well. I have replaced the stock pump with a maxijet 1200 and I think that has helped a bit. I am also running the sapphire protien skimmer but that is increasing my heat.

I am looking into getting a chiller in the future but for now having the hood up is working and am going to be doing reverse light cycles. Might as well have the tank lights on when I am home to look at the tank.

On other news I got a Lysmata wurdemanni and a Gobiodon rivulatus

Hey Indyreefer... I go to uncle bills if I have to in greenwood. Usually I get my stuff from premium aquatics.

There is a decent one called the reef on keystone and 56th I think.

I got all the stuff for this tank on sat there at premium aquatics.

As far as the rock goes I am going to be getting some more next weekend i think. That was all that I had in my 10 gal. I am a fan of the tanks loaded with rock.

Do you notice that "cloudyness" in your water? I have exactly the same setup and I get the same thing. How is that skimmer workin out for ya? Oh and congrats on graduation, just had the big day myself.

shift 9k... That cloudyness is most likey from me moving stuff into my tank and what not. I am starting to run some purigen and carbon to see what happens there.

The skimmer seems to be working okay as I am new to using them. Still trying to get it where the water level is lower in the chaimber.

Thanks

Darklyte24... actualy it is more like 2 days but..............................................

the rock is from my 10gal that is about a 18 months old. I also used the water that was in the 10 gal when starting it up.

Coo, coo i'll check back in, keep us updated with pics. Lemme know what works for ya.

Oh and what are you running in the back chambers?

Shift 9k... Inlet chamber has a sapphire protien skimmer with a few chunks of LR to prop it up a bit. and the outlet chamber has 5lbs LR rubble, purigen, and carbon.

on my ap24 i have the plastic things on the intake chamber pushed all the way down so water only flows over the top. if i take some water out of the tank the back chambers r not as full. if ur having heat problems try replacing the stock fans with vantec stealths and cutting open the vents above the lights some more as they r usualy over molded.

annyone care to tell me how to get my water level down low enough to get my skimmer to work?

Add more flow into tank, or block intakes to push water flow up higher. You may have to cut your own pieces of plastic to block the intakes and push the water flow up to the top ... forcing the surface skimming.

Cheers

Fred

Archived