Pod Your Reef

Juin21's 20 long

juin21

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Yuma's light sensative? I have a rock of Pacific ones I bought from Miguel @ Fraggle, and they have all but wilted away. They are about 2/3 of the way up in the tank on their own rock, and I even attached a ric to the rock away from the Yumas. The ric is thriving, and the yumas are near gone. :( What gives?!?

BTW, those are some SCHWEET yumas you got there! B)

Yuma's are light sensitive. If you notice them wilting away you should put them under an overhang. Yuma's enjoy moderate flow, not to much tho. Are your Yuma's sliming and did they detach from the rock? I have a few stripped mushrooms that are not looking to hot from the t-5's. The stripped mushrooms seem to be getting alot darker and losing their iridescent color :(

Yuma's doing fine :)

OK! Here's a picture of my up and coming custom fresh water resevoir. Me and my gf's dad just tested for leaking and there was a small one, so were going to work on it again next weekend and add more glue. We may put an inside coating of silicone just in case ;)

PIC-0086.jpg

I must say I didn't do much in the build process :( More like, put some weight there and hand me the pencil :( GF's dad is the best!!!

Hmmm...I need something up near the branches...any ideas. I was thinking of some encrusting monti, that will encrust the top branches. Superman monti maybe? Encrusting acan? Rainbow monti?

i put the yuma a bit left of center...its getting really good light. I though if it was to much that i'd move it but it seems to be liking it!

moonlightxpress825
i put the yuma a bit left of center...its getting really good light. I though if it was to much that i'd move it but it seems to be liking it!

i showed my friend the macro of your yuma and it cost him $250 to get a few similar..puahahhaha..i am glad i am not the only one to splurge... :D

i showed my friend the macro of your yuma and it cost him $250 to get a few similar..puahahhaha..i am glad i am not the only one to splurge... :D

Shhhhhh!!! It's brown and not worth much!!! :ninja:

moonlightxpress825
Shhhhhh!!! It's brown and not worth much!!! :ninja:

you are not just a dedicated reefer but also humble...kool.... B)

you are not just a dedicated reefer but also humble...kool.... B)

Well...uhm...see most of the stuff in my tank is credited to Adin. For example:

Were at the store and i'll point to something and he shakes his head no. I know its good stuff when he gets all excited about a piece. He's like my coral sniffing Bloodhound dog!!

Juin21: "Adin Adin, should i buy this!!!"

Adin: "uhmm....i wouldn't"

Adin: "get this one! get this one!"

Juin21: "OK! OK!"

or it'll be like this:

Juin21: "Adin Adin, I found something that i've never seen before check it out!!!"

Adin: "uhmm...that's aiptasia..."

lol that USED to be true... juin's developed a good eye for coral! now HE'S the one telling me not to get coral i shouldn't!!!

lol that USED to be true... juin's developed a good eye for coral! now HE'S the one telling me not to get coral i shouldn't!!!

Silly girls

<Sigh> I am getting air bubbles in my tank and I have no idea where they are coming from. I've checked for water leaks and my tanks is water tight. Added a 90 degree tube so that the uptake tube is getting water closer to the bottom of my sump, but this has done nothing to. I'm going to have to put plumbing tape around all the joints, hopefully this will help the bubbles!!! :( I can't turn my pump up all the way b/c of the bubbles :(

Got my reservoir finished :) It looks great and fits in perfect. I've got to wait till Tuesday to clean it out a few times and fill it up but it looks great!!! Thanks GF's DAD, he's the best!!!

ATO2.JPG

Got my reservoir finished :) It looks great and fits in perfect. I've got to wait till Tuesday to clean it out a few times and fill it up but it looks great!!! Thanks GF's DAD, he's the best!!!

ATO2.JPG

wow that's built better than your tank!

wow that's built better than your tank!

why do you need a custom reservoir? to fit under your tank?

I live with my gf, so things have got to look nice or else :( I only have around 5 inches from the back of the stand to the back wall, so i need the reservoir to fit behind the stand and against the wall. I looked for containers that are 5 inches wide, but the only ones i could find were less then 1 gallon. A 1 gallon top off reservoir isn't going to cut it!

:eek: arrgh...almost flooded my topoff, my sumpwater level is a bit higher then my freshwater reservoir and it began to syphon water into my reservoir since i had the tube down to low in my sump! Such a newb mistake!!! :unsure: I lifted up the freshwater tubing way above the waterline to break the syphon but have to refill and empty my reservoir again since there's mixed saltwater in there. :(

Archived