Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JBJ Nano Cube 28g HQI

Asin

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The JBJ Nano Cube 28g HQI has arrived at Pacific Reef in Torrance. Anybody that wants to check it out, touch it, rub it, whatever else can stop by. The system is up and running and looking good.

Also, if you mention you're a member of Nano-Reef.com you will get a special pre-order price of $429.99! That's $70 off Internet pricing. This is only for NR.com members!

Pacific Reef

1513 W. Sepulveda Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90501

(310) 257-1122

DON'T FORGET TO MENTION YOU'RE FROM NR.COM!!!

-Iz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else seen it in person at PR?

Guess that will be hard in PR these days and if it is here now i'm sure will cost like close to the $700. Thats untouchable. I only know 1 LFS that sells JBJ products and they're sooo damn expensive! I wouldn't even dream to buy it locally. I'd better pay shipping and still cheaper. Just take these as an example:

JBJ Arctica chiller 1/20 - New at Ebay $229 These place- $425

JBJ Picotope- At Dr Foster and Smith- $39 or so... These place- Just $100!!! C'mon!!!

If so, please comment.

Yep, saw Mike and crew on Friday. Left my deposit for the tank, stand, 35 LBS of rock and heater. Smoking deal.

The tank itself is very impressive. Looks like the best-all-in one on the market, well thought out. :bowdown:

He only has a few left so you peeps better hurry to get in on the deal and the first round.

Yep, saw Mike and crew on Friday

LOL looks like I don't get the PR!?! I thought it was Puerto Rico

I stopped by PR yesterday (not for the JBJ) and took a look at it. Very clean design and the lighting looks more intense than on my open top tank with 150w, I guess because of the closed design. Mike claims the temp have held at the low 80s even during the hot spell two weekends ago. Too bad I already have two nanos running MHs or else I would be all over this.

VannReefer86

Hey, how is the protein skimmer in the system? Im interested on how much it pulls and the color is it the nice dark brown?

Thanks,

Will

Hey, how is the protein skimmer in the system? Im interested on how much it pulls and the color is it the nice dark brown?

Thanks,

Will

When I saw the cube, it was skimming, although the tank has only been up for a few weeks, but it didn't look bad.

i wish we had the option to get one without the skimmer

I will lose the skimmer on mine, but the skimmer is really minimal cost. Come on EZ only 3 or so left. Better hurry!

I will lose the skimmer on mine, but the skimmer is really minimal cost. Come on EZ only 3 or so left. Better hurry!

haha, i need a calcium reactor first buddy :)

travisurfer

I don't get this. The tank comes with two pumps or whatever but most people replace these do to heat issues or add pumps anyway. Second, what makes these halides any different from the vipers that just sucked. I'm not bashing it or anything, but seriously, it seems to make more sense to go through nanotuners so that you know you are getting a quality product. Just my two cents.

I don't get this. The tank comes with two pumps or whatever but most people replace these do to heat issues or add pumps anyway. Second, what makes these halides any different from the vipers that just sucked. I'm not bashing it or anything, but seriously, it seems to make more sense to go through nanotuners so that you know you are getting a quality product. Just my two cents.

The pumps are built-in the back in the filter chamber that comes to the spray nozzle on each side of the nano. They are not just two powerheads in the aquarium. Also, they had problem with the 70watt Viper not the 150watt HQI. Not anyone has extra money to spend on a nanotuners light like me. Do your research before you give your 2 cents and stop being a hater...

I agree with travisurfer. I dont think he is being a "hater" (not too sure what that means, I dont speak jive)

I think he brings up some valid points.

1. JBJ has questionable quality when it comes to their halide lighting. And NO ONE can claim the 150w vipers are "good" until they have been running for more than a year or two...lets see them long term

2. Replacing pumps, modifying skimmers...all cost time, money and likely voids any maufacterer warranty. Could be risky business.

So, nano93, I think travisurfer DID his research and is highlighting some possible future problems with the product. It is far cheaper in the long run to spend more money up front as opposed to spending money on future mods.

Plus, until JBJ can produce an acrylic light shield for a nanocube that can be removed more than once WITHOUT the screw holes cracking...I am going to stick to stick with someone like nanotuners (with their warranty) or another brand altogether.

I haven't read anywhere that people are replacing the pumps in the 28g HQI, especially considering no consumers have one yet! ;) As far as the lighting goes, only time will tell, but didn't the 2nd generation Vipers have less issues than the original ones?

Where did anyone get the idea that Vipers suck? The 1st gen had problems with faulty knob/support thingy which was promptly fixed and improved by JBJ. The remaining issues were mainly with the crap stock bulb that folks (me included) were mistankingly blaming on the ballast or fixture. Once I replaced the bulb, mine's been running strong for over a year.

We all know the past history of with the NC, but JBJ has always been responsive in correcting issues and is one of the few churning out new products specifically for nanos.

I wouldn't be so quick to right off a product that has yet to be released. I'm sure there will be some drawbacks but only time will tell.

We all know the past history of with the NC, but JBJ has always been responsive in correcting issues and is one of the few churning out new products specifically for nanos.

I wouldn't be so quick to right off a product that has yet to be released. I'm sure there will be some drawbacks but only time will tell.

Amen! Don't bash until it's tried and tested!!

I dont think anyone is bashing the product...but having a reservation about being the guinea pig test subject is understandable.

From what I can tell the tank is well thought out and they have done their homework. The fans are high quality and the hood is better constructed with much better air flow. Honestly though, I do not expect much from the airstone driven skimmer but they have left the rear open to simply place a HOB skimmer if one would like to.

Have you seen the tank up and running?

I expect much from the tank and am proud to be a guinea pig. :D

Archived