Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pics of my new octopus

Fishfreak218

Here is my new octopus that i just got.. LFS said he is already eating frozen silversides and krill... here are some pics:

2v833h0.jpg

4540som.jpg

more pics later..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DUDE!!! nice! what kinda (im gonna be laughing at this for a long time) puss (HAHAHAHAHA) is that?

how big, ect will it get?

what size tank?

yup^^ there life span is a year..

and its in a 30g. 36x12x16 (i think)

im almost positive its O. briareus (sp) but i asked on TONMO.com for a positive ID (and on RC.com)

DUDE!!! nice! what kinda (im gonna be laughing at this for a long time) puss (HAHAHAHAHA) is that?

not funny.

yup^^ there life span is a year..

and its in a 30g. 36x12x16 (i think)

im almost positive its O. briareus (sp) but i asked on TONMO.com for a positive ID (and on RC.com)

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it knowing that you will probably have it for less than a year?

man he's awesome, sucks they only last a year though...I agree with travis.....find some one with a Peacock with shell disease and have them go at it...they'll both be at the end of the line anyway

not funny.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it knowing that you will probably have it for less than a year?

$29.99

that is awesome ff. cant wait to see him settle in. at the end of the year, put a large mantis in the tank and see who wins. ;)

srry... no.. thats crule

man he's awesome, sucks they only last a year though...I agree with travis.....find some one with a Peacock with shell disease and have them go at it...they'll both be at the end of the line anyway

srry... no.. thats crule

yeah and in the process kill mine^

lol this thing would be SO cramped in a 10g. its unbeilivable. actually. he looks a TINY bit cramped in my tank (well not cramped.. but he could use some more room.. possibly a 55g.)..so he needs a bigger home.

this guy is SOO curious.. he is litterally crawling along the front pane looking at me and i am only a foot away.. he doesnt seem to be a secritive octopus which is awesome for me :)

also trav i knew u were joking

yes^ there is a lid on the tank that is weighted down and duck taped down.. the holes are covered with screen and duck tape.. here is some more pics:

2qchu80.jpg

2h38ldi.jpg

2cpyzwj.jpg

BTW his front three legs were bitten off or well they are not there and there is little 3" tenticles (really skinny and short) that are growing back. just to let you guys know

oh.. his "head" is about the size of and egg but from tip of head to tip of longest tenticle i would say a good 15" (he has VERY long tenticles)

Theres a Giant octopus at my local aquarium. Apparently, they dont live very long and as they grow and get older they become alot more active. This one is huuugeee and scary lol. B)

food in containers^, live food, he has alot of small rocks he can re-arange and there is a bio ball he can play with..i also got this clam shell that he is still attached and he can close himself in it and stuf.... other then that..i have to look up stuff..

also im pretty confident he has 5 more months but hell.. wat do i know

Archived