SaltCritters.com

ADA shallow ocean oasis (Aquamaxx 22 long upgrade coming soon)

nismo_sky32

Sorry to hear about the wrasse, new hardscape looks good though. Nice clean setup.

Thank you. I was going to find a new home for her but still sucks losing a fish that way.

Just swung by cherry corals, I'm fortunate enough to live about 15 minutes from them, to pick up my new shrooms. I got the chance to walk around the coral bins and see what they had. Their website is only a small showing of all the amazing pieces they have. I'll be saving up and making another trip soon to purchase some new frags!

• Like 1

wow. the peninsula style looks great. really making me consider to add a full sump rather than using an ac 70. awesome tank

Thank you. I like your tank. When I set this up as a temporary tank awhile ago, I used an ac110 and fit both the heater and tunze skimmer in the filter. I didn't really mind the look because everything was hiding in there. Overall I'm happy I did sump the tank just for more options in the future

20151017_133941_zps1x2eh0cy.jpg

Was wondering were my serpent star went as I haven't seen him in a week or so. Look where I found the sneaky bastard during routine maintenance

• Like 5

So today I wake up at 4 am to no power. I had to work today from 6 until our annual inventory was complete. I walk thru the front door, flip the light switch and guess what! Still no power!? I pick up the phone, call DTE and they tell me no power until tomorrow midday. At this time, my tank has been without power for just over 12 hours. To my surprise, every inhabitant is still alive. Some were not very happy but fish were breathing and coral were still intact. I rush out the door calling and driving to every and any store for a decent price generator. Everywhere is sold out. I find out that half the city I live in is without power. I call my girlfriend and she tells me to bring the rock and livestock over in a 5.4 gallon tank I have laying around. I get everything together, take it 20 miles away, do a quick setup then kiss her goodbye. Off I go to my son's football game to get there by halftime. I fight thru the crowd to the top of the bleachers where his mom is sitting. As I'm getting ready to sit down myself, I get the call that the power is on. Ugh. ..all that rushing around for nothing. Guess what I get to do tomorrow. Go back to her house, pick up the temporary tank, take it home then fight with my rock to get that as close to perfect scape as I can. I did however take advantage of the situation by doing a thorough tank cleaning, take the sump out and clean out every inch, rinse it out and do a complete water change. Oh...and I took the overflow off and got that damned starfish out of it

• Like 1

After all the chaos ended and I moved the inhabitants back into their home, I decided to leave this little 5.4 aquatop tank up for my son

20151026_192138_zpsupspjf3d.jpg

Have been talking to ocean box designs to make a SOB sump so I can keep the clutter out of the tank

• Like 1

looking into the same tank for my son as well.

Do it! These things have awesome quality. Great silicone work and excellent clarity. If you set it next to a ADA mini m you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Best part is its half the price after shipping costs

I need to get a cheap light for now until I can move the prime over to this one and a powerhead to add some better flow.

20151026_190112_zpsewtxvjtr.jpg

Had to change up the scape after the power outage. I tried replicating how it was before but it just wouldn't work

• Like 3

Top shots are my favorite and shallow tanks are perfect for them

20151027_175442_zpsabt6pukw.jpg

Added another piece of liverock from my sump to the 5.4

20151027_185310_zpsalahnusr.jpg

20151027_185441_zpsls7fn7qf.jpg

There's a pseudochromis diadema hiding somewhere in there

• Like 1

Starting to compile my list of mushrooms I want to eventually put in the ada.

Uranium 235 bounce (definite)

Kryptonite discosoma (definite)

WWC bounce (maybe)

PZ godspawn (eventually)

Reefkoi bounce (maybe)

Jawbreaker (in the tank)

Interstellar (definite)

Nuclear sunset (eventually)

Reefgen burning brocade (definite)

Reefgen purple peony (maybe)

Purple void discosoma (definite)

Red devil discosoma (maybe)

Eclectus discosoma (if I ever find one)

• Like 1

Just purchased a nickel sized jawbreaker already getting a red streak in. Will be in my tank by mid next week! One down and about 10 to go on my list

• Like 1

Just purchased a nickel sized jawbreaker already getting a red streak in. Will be in my tank by mid next week! One down and about 10 to go on my list

That WWC bounce is a $$$$$ one! Good luck!

That WWC bounce is a $$$$$ one! Good luck!

Honestly, I'll be happy getting any nice looking bounce. Doesn't necessarily have to be a WWC, Reefkoi or PZ. Although the godspawn looks great and isn't too pricey

Killer tank, nismo!! I'm currently tankless, but have one of these 60f's laying around that's drilled. Also have a sump, just need a skimmer, lighting, and a stand to house it. I've been seriously considering setting it up while I'm still getting all the stuff for the bigger tank. I appreciate the inspiration.

FWIW, Cherry Corals is less than 2 miles from my office. Great people and amazing stock they have.

Again, very nice to see what you've done with that tank. Time for me to get off my a$$.

• Like 1