ReefCleaners.org

Amazing Anemone for my 12 gallon!

BRN

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Metatrone-oz

nice build so far.

I'm in a similar boat as I have my black edge 2 and my MP3 ordered too.

I'm curious to know if there is any issues at setting my tank now with LR and start my water cycle with the tank system. I plan to use the same media in the MP3 when it gets here and won't put any life/coral in the tank until then.

Should I wait or it's ok to go ahead now?

nice build so far.

I'm in a similar boat as I have my black edge 2 and my MP3 ordered too.

I'm curious to know if there is any issues at setting my tank now with LR and start my water cycle with the tank system. I plan to use the same media in the MP3 when it gets here and won't put any life/coral in the tank until then.

Should I wait or it's ok to go ahead now?

Definitely do it now, It will take a while for a tank to cycle unless you seed it like i did. id set up your aquascape (rock, and substrate) then fill it with the water you plan to cycle. Proceed to check parameters until you read 0 across the board. Ammonia will spike first then nitrite then nitrate. Preform a water change after the nitrite spike.

strong work, looks good so far

Thanks, i really appreciate it. :)

So i went to the fish store but they were running low on corals, they had come common stuff gsp, leathers, and zoas. So i decided not to get anything. Cleaned the tank and I'm going to frag the zoas in my other tank now :D

Shout out to PicoSavvy i bought his Nano Doser today.

Not yet, but will do when I've set a fair bit.

same here (just realized I don't have a thread yet). maybe I start wit some ideas in the aquascaping subforum :-)

The fragged zoas are looking good in the frag tank, so i think im going to move them into the DT today.

In other news my hammer and torch coral (the ones that took 3 weeks to ship, ya those) are coming in tomorrow.

Going to go clean the tank and get some pictures up.

Whilst cleaning the tank i heard a knock on the door, it was a package.

20150824_1551161_zpskulnumpn.jpg

Went to the fish store I got some CUC -

• 2 Astraea snails
  • 2 Cerith snails
  • 2 Nassarius snails
  • 3 Emerald crabs
  • 1 Feather Duster
  • 1 Blue legged Hermit crab

I put 1 emerald crab in my main tank that makes 2 in there, 1 male 1 female. I put the other 2 in my frag tank to deal with some algae i've been building up (on purpose). Ill definitely get some pictures up tomorrow, after I let the tank run over night.It got a little messy after i deep cleaned it today. Also the Nano Doser review tomorrow (functionality testing, etc).

I impulse bought today, sometimes i cant control myself. omgomgomg

20150824_2236551_zpsdxjwsyov.jpg

20150824_2237101_zpsxb8jjwui.jpg

20150824_2238301_zps34bt6tzd.jpg

Time for a pico thread now LOL

The two emerald crabs in my frag tank.

20150824_2232041_zpsey2s3n6w.jpg

20150824_2232091_zpscbclkoqq.jpg

They're running around eating algae and pissing off zoas! lol

Fill it with green hair algae and emerald crabs ;)

I was thinking about doing that: so i did that...

they're all named Harry, seriously. :lol:

-_-

Pictures or it didn't happen! omgomgomg

Coming right up.

Meet the Harry family.

4 of them BTW, i plan on hyper feeding this tank and i also am getting hair algae this weekend so ill have a refug. in the back.

In other news I got a tiger pistol shrimp. Him and my YWG were insta best friends, seriously. They clouded up my water so fast....lol

I also got a Eel for my frag tank, he isn't staying there and neither is the frag tank (im taking it down and putting up a mr aqua 17 gallon) and its going to have just the eel in, it maybe a few corals we'll see. Im also hyper feeding the eel tank now.

20150825_2200111_zps5gv6fod9.jpg

Hes loving it though, going inside the rock holes. At the store they had him in a bare-bottom tank with no hiding spot. So definitely liking it more than that.

-_-

Pictures or it didn't happen! omgomgomg

I also took my friends purple lobster for the night (last night) because he was changing tanks and didnt have his tank yet. He thought i was going to have to keep the lobster for a week, but the tank came today so he came and got him and we went to the LFS.

20150825_2201211_zpsh7lngy37.jpg

Dunno, Harry probably doesn't deserve any coral!

What lighting?

Old stock light from my fluval, i kept duncuns 16 inches deep with it. Pico is only 9 inches high from the top of the sand to the top of the water, and 10 inches tall overall.

PS - Harry(s) deserve the WORLD! :rant::lol:

The fragged zoas are looking good in the frag tank, so i think im going to move them into the DT today.

In other news my hammer and torch coral (the ones that took 3 weeks to ship, ya those) are coming in tomorrow.

Going to go clean the tank and get some pictures up.

Whilst cleaning the tank i heard a knock on the door, it was a package.

20150824_1551161_zpskulnumpn.jpg

I can't believe usps still knocks on doors, I haven't gotten a knock from them in 3 years, all I get it a nice throw of my package across the lawn. Happy to see everything arrived in good condition. What are you going to dose with it ?

I can't believe usps still knocks on doors, I haven't gotten a knock from them in 3 years, all I get it a nice throw of my package across the lawn. Happy to see everything arrived in good condition. What are you going to dose with it ?

They are actually pretty good around here. I plan on dosing vodka, it should be awesome.

Thanks for the nano doser you are a life saver, i went to Neils website and he has them down for now.

That sound awesome Valk dosing on a 12 gallon. The usps people where I live are lazy as heck, the would prefer to write that stupid pink slip, that you have to pick up your package at the office, then to get off there seat and drop it at my door

That sound awesome Valk dosing on a 12 gallon. The usps people where I live are lazy as heck, the would prefer to write that stupid pink slip, that you have to pick up your package at the office, then to get off there seat and drop it at my door

Vodka dosing should be fun, ive still got a lot of research to do though.

Yea, thats pretty aweful...benefits of a semi small area though i guess. When are you getting that pico wet? im dying to see it, you kinda half inspired me to get the 3.7 pico i have now.

Archived