Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

Since my hair is cut even I can see my ears now to wear earrings. There really wasn't a point before.

• 3 weeks later...
FlowerMama

So I was razor cleaning some of the glass and hit the chalice. Selling it locally because I know someone was already interested.

I always feel a tank deserves one huge piece as a centerpiece and this was it. darn it. But it'll grow back on the main piece.

20160604_164045_zpsjzdskuyf.jpg

That's too bad, but hopefully it will grow back with an even more interesting shape. And at least you get some cash for the frag. :)

FlowerMama

That's too bad, but hopefully it will grow back with an even more interesting shape. And at least you get some cash for the frag. :)

Yep. And my maxima Lil' Bit scared me to death the other day. She was off her perch and there was a hefty size of foot left on it and she had fallen to the side. I don't know if she was trying to move or what, but just in case I put 2 bumble bee snails in Gert's tank- jut in case they were the culprit since they eat meat. I put her back on the rock, she attached again so I guess she'll be ok. She still flinches when I move my hand over. I found a nice piece of flat rock at the beach and put her on it with the little piece of rock she's on so maybe if she moves again she'll be on that piece.

Those pin cushions are so cute! Hated to see that about the chalice - it is so stunning in person. If it ever breaks again (hope not), put me down for the frag!

Those pin cushions are so cute! Hated to see that about the chalice - it is so stunning in person. If it ever breaks again (hope not), put me down for the frag!

Yes, you saw it, you know how gorgeous it is. The one that showed interest in it before didn't ask this time locally so I have that 2 x 4 piece available. I don't know when/if you're coming through town again at all, let me know. I'll hold it for ya.

Yes, you saw it, you know how gorgeous it is. The one that showed interest in it before didn't ask this time locally so I have that 2 x 4 piece available. I don't know when/if you're coming through town again at all, let me know. I'll hold it for ya.

That would be awesome!!! We are picking up The Grandbaby Sunday ... will pm you to see if that would be good for you - just name yoyr price. And if you want some red macro clippings b4 I throw them out - have 2 types going crazy, but not trying to glue it this time!

That would be awesome!!! We are picking up The Grandbaby Sunday ... will pm you to see if that would be good for you - just name yoyr price. And if you want some red macro clippings b4 I throw them out - have 2 types going crazy, but not trying to glue it this time!

I'll be home all Sunday. I'm good, I don't need any, kinda don't have room now. But I'd love it for you to see the tank and take that beautiful piece home.

• 2 months later...

Lil Bit is doing so wonderfully, she's so pretty. Close to 3" now I'd say.

20160821_154519_zps13al3eko.jpg

And I gave my friend Randi one of the gbtas, so here is mine after we removed the other.

She was here & the she moved to the back of the tank in the corner by the heater. Wish she wouldn't do that.

20160814_204131_zpswomg7cqe.jpg

20160825_185037_zpscdn1eokp.jpg

And then poor pic but the clown is sleeping in the pretty chalice

20160815_071439_zpszoupk7dc.jpg

And yeah, I need to take a tooth brush to the power head.

• 4 weeks later...

Gbta on the move. Finally left the corner and then climbed up the tall rock to play King of the Mountain. Yesterday.

20160923_223558_zpsqct2dlfd.jpg

20160923_214853_zps7bakgetk.jpg

And today.

20160924_190402_zps1saby3sk.jpg

I think the green acid bta is going to split. She's longer on the sides, she's more like an egg shape. Still her on top of the mountain.

20160927_173756_zps3dciif7k.jpg

Nice Pic!

Nice Nem!

Thanks. Got it for $20 locally. Might go sell the baby off in my local club and put it towards something I'm saving for. So I'm hope I'm right and that she's splitting.

Thanks. Got it for $20 locally. Might go sell the baby off in my local club and put it towards something I'm saving for. So I'm hope I'm right and that she's splitting.

Maybe it's that time... three of mine have split this week. Up to 13 now... :closedeyes:

How many did you have to start? Pic?

I started with two small green and one flame about three years ago. The green one splits a few times a year and the flame has split twice now. There are eleven green BTAs and two flame BTAs

I have lost one each, green and flame, to my MP10. I also accidentally siphoned a tiny green BTA off a rock without noticing while trying to vacuum up some GHA. I let my siphoned tank water settle so I can pour out the water into the drain and the filth into the garbage. I found him in the bucket the next morning but he didn't make it.

I don't have any photos of they new guys open but here is an older photo.

From 2016-08-19:

2016-08-19%2017.18.03_zpsmwxunwk1.jpg

Here is some from the other day but at night:

The new ones are two of the small ones all in a row at the top of the rock. There is a BTA on the left side of the tank which is really big as well. The fellow on the glass is actually a BTA which was accidentally fragged when I moved a rock it was attached to.

2016-09-27%2022.05.38_zpsjej6kmpg.jpg

The BTA this clownfish is hosting is about six to eight inches across when open.

2016-09-28%2021.06.10_zpsio2hrhzq.jpg

My WYG lives under this skeleton of a montipora and has a burrow between the flame BTAs. He swims around both types of BTAs and never seems affected by the tentacles. The one on the right is about six to eight inches across when open too.

2016-09-28%2021.08.11_zpsjie5n4uv.jpg

I started with two small green and one flame about three years ago. The green one splits a few times a year. I have lost one each, green and flame, to my MP10. I also accidentally siphoned a tiny green BTA off a rock without noticing while trying to vacuum up some GHA.

I don't have any photos of they new guys open but here is an older photo.

From 2016-08-19:

2016-08-19%2017.18.03_zpsmwxunwk1.jpg

Here is some from the other day but at night:

2016-09-27%2022.05.38_zpsjej6kmpg.jpg

2016-09-28%2021.06.10_zpsio2hrhzq.jpg

My WYG lives under this skeleton of a montipora and has a burrow between the flame BTAs. He swims around both types of BTAs and never seems affected by the tentacles.

2016-09-28%2021.08.11_zpsjie5n4uv.jpg

Ha, looks like the one clown is in a puffy bean bag! Your sea of red/pink looks awesome.

Ha, looks like the one clown is in a puffy bean bag! Your sea of red/pink looks awesome.

Heh. I was worried the first time I saw him doing that. I thought the fish was becoming a meal, but nope; just clownfish being clownfish.

Thanks! I want the flame/rose/orange to divide more often but I have had no luck there. The last time it divided, one half got into my MP10 while I was at work.

2016-09-01%2023.30.03-1_zpstm011yop.jpg

The guy I got the green BTA from had about forty or more in his tank so I knew that I might end up with a few of them. They were all tiny, but mine get huge before splitting.

My green bta split once before and I do hope it's doing it again. I'm getting money together so every bit helps towards purchasing my gun and modifications to make. I can probably sell off the baby for $30 in the local club. I sold some chalice cheaply at $50 from this tank- it was a 3"x 4" piece. So a little at a time. Got scan finger printed at the Sheriff's office this morning so now 6-10 wks later my concealed permit will come. NC is an open carry state however I don't want it just out like that in the open like in a Western film.

Next item I save for is a custom made lid from Artfully Acrylic for the 40g but I have time for that as I have the 3 fish in the 10g for QT for the next 3 mos.

Archived