Pod Your Reef

••Jr's PicoAquariums 15g Bommie Reef••

JR!

Just don't oversize the skimmer too much or you end up in the boat I was in and it not pulling anything unless over fed. I can imagine a 15 not taking much to be an appropriate size. Carbon and a skimmer is very solid filtration plan imo tho.

that why i was leaning more towards the aquamaxx for it smaller tank requirements

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris has a pretty sweet tank ... You should buy one :P

maybe someday when im a big kid. :D

tabling acros and montis on the overflow box? i think so

nismo_sky32

18165984288_e1a140905b_k.jpg

Should be here by the end of the week

That is a beautiful tank. Cant wait to see what you do with it!

That is a beautiful tank. Cant wait to see what you do with it!

Thanks man. Gonna be a fun one.

What's the sump look like?

I'll have pics when I get home. Same as I used on my 60f.

No going with a fuge this time though

2 drains and the return is in there. Tank is only 24x12x12 have to make room for the bulkheads. Think I'm going to do a different design next time. Have some good plans for this one though

2 drains and the return is in there. Tank is only 24x12x12 have to make room for the bulkheads. Think I'm going to do a different design next time. Have some good plans for this one though

Dang it looks so small. I never would have guess it was 24 inches looking at that pic. What are the dimensions of the overflow?

Oh and the D300 looks nice. People like those DC Jebao pumps so it should be nice and quiet.

18216736748_4263650ef6_b.jpg

​quick one of the sump.

​gonna do skimmer in chamber 1 along with a small mesh breeder trap of cheato maybe

​like this

s-l1000.jpg

No wonder you didnt want to let go of that sump!! Following this build for sure.

BTW did you update the Dou yet!

this is looking pretty wicked, honestly I shoulda drilled my tank just for lazinesses sake lol mame looks good but its not for the lazy. Have you picked a skimmer yet? Those dc skimz ones look so sweet and cheap (155$) I mean honestly how do you beat that price if it pulls remotely anything its worth it.

Anyways your making me want a refugium and a drilled tank now... I will blame this build and you when I drill my tank while its half full lol.

No wonder you didnt want to let go of that sump!! Following this build for sure.

BTW did you update the Dou yet!

not yet. setting aside all the moneys for the full work-over

​need to decide if i want a moon light

this is looking pretty wicked, honestly I shoulda drilled my tank just for lazinesses sake lol mame looks good but its not for the lazy. Have you picked a skimmer yet? Those dc skimz ones look so sweet and cheap (155$) I mean honestly how do you beat that price if it pulls remotely anything its worth it.

Anyways your making me want a refugium and a drilled tank now... I will blame this build and you when I drill my tank while its half full lol.

hahaha do it man. drill and tank is soooooooooooo easy.

MrNanoReef

Nice tank and nice sump setup. is that DIY sump? im wondering how do you silicone those so clean those baffles being so close.

not yet. setting aside all the moneys for the full work-over

​need to decide if i want a moon light

hahaha do it man. drill and tank is soooooooooooo easy.

Oh I am so damn tempted to, would still be skimmerless but being able to hide stuff is what I love about em. I am looking at ways to make it external on the back left corner where the mame was. Maybe glue up a box and predrill it and maybe drill 2 1 inch holes in the tank for water to flow into the external section. Not sure if that would be enough off the top of my head but I could figure up how big the holes would have to be pretty easily. Problem with that would be having to let the silicone cure, so I would have to drill from the inside not sure if thats piossible in that corner.

decisions man... ha

Nice tank and nice sump setup. is that DIY sump? im wondering how do you silicone those so clean those baffles being so close.

got the sump from a guy on here. he diy'ed the baffles. did a wonderful job, not sure how did it that nice.

Oh I am so damn tempted to, would still be skimmerless but being able to hide stuff is what I love about em. I am looking at ways to make it external on the back left corner where the mame was. Maybe glue up a box and predrill it and maybe drill 2 1 inch holes in the tank for water to flow into the external section. Not sure if that would be enough off the top of my head but I could figure up how big the holes would have to be pretty easily. Problem with that would be having to let the silicone cure, so I would have to drill from the inside not sure if thats piossible in that corner.

decisions man... ha

i know the feeling man. decisions are always so hard.

haha, already planning the next tank.

Archived