Top Shelf Aquatics

Eisers Cube - PicO, MAME - Photo Dump

Eisernes

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, this tanks makes me want to go BB so bad with my fusion, looks great!

Oh I love it. Once a week I blow it out real good with a turkey baster, wait about an hour, and siphon out the poo piles. It just kind of gathers itself together in a low flow spot for me.

That gyre is pretty awesome. If anyone is wondering, no it's not too much for your tank. The flow is comparable to an MP10. A 9" wide MP10. I'm running it in a 20g tank at 30% and everyone seems happy. It's also silent at 30%. I didn't like the alternating gyre mode and I haven't played around with the pulse yet. It is also really tough to adjust the cages while in the tank. Still messing with it to get it exactly how I want it but overall for the price it's worth it.

I'm going a little wild tomorrow. Meeting up with some local reefers and getting at least 5 new corals. I will be way to close to ASR so it may be more than that.

I love this tank :wub: The new frags looks great and the color is fantastic!

Damn,this thing is sick !! Awesome pictures !!

Thanks guys

I had some time today to catch up on some maintenance items. Finally got that reactor hooked up. My phosphates had climed to 0.1 :o . Right now it's a mix of rox carbon and gfo. I think I'm going to add some purigen to the mix as well. I ordered a Nyos nitrate kit today because I suspect that is a little high as well.

Mixed up my first batch of Red Sea blue bucket and I'm real happy with the numbers. Alk is 7.9, CA 430, and MG 1400 at 1.026. Those will be my targets.

I still have two more purchases to make and I'm not sure at this point which is more important, a Nanobox duo or a doser. I'm also entertaining the thought of getting a MH fixture instead of the duo.

SPS seems happy so far. I haven't seen any pe on the blue tenuis yet and the shortcake has been brown from shipping. Everything else looks great.

Lawn has a Viper 150 for sale,pretty cheap at that I think $130.

I say a doser though,light seems to be "adequate" at the moment. Doser's are always nice to have !!

HighEndOfTheLow

Thats one very slick looking tank and scape keep it up!

loving the platforms and love the overall feel this tank has currently, it will look awesome once some of the sps have really taken off.

Tank is looking awesome

Looks great!! Shame they don't make a nano version for my 12 long.

Thats one very slick looking tank and scape keep it up!

loving the platforms and love the overall feel this tank has currently, it will look awesome once some of the sps have really taken off.

Thanks everyone.

I'm starting to see a little growth. The purple cap has grown over 1/8" all the way around and it looks like the red planet is starting to grow over the spot where it was broken off from the colony. Over the last week the tank has used 0.2 dkh/day on alk and 4ppm/day of calcium. It's a start.

lookin good bud. I have the same kessil over an 18x18x16. what intensity do you normally run it at?

I have been moving it up slowly. It's at 65% right now.

CatfishSoupFTW

I have been moving it up slowly. It's at 65% right now.

smart. i went to aggressive on it I feel, and one coral seems to be feeling its wrath. the bluer spectrum does lack visual intensity, but I know the light is more than enough.

much thanks. Recently, I have been running 50 percent everyday. I may have missed it, but do you use the spectral or blue fish controller by chance?

smart. i went to aggressive on it I feel, and one coral seems to be feeling its wrath. the bluer spectrum does lack visual intensity, but I know the light is more than enough.

much thanks. Recently, I have been running 50 percent everyday. I may have missed it, but do you use the spectral or blue fish controller by chance?

Apex

This week I'm making the switch from the Kessil to a Hamilton Cayman Sun HQI system. I'm going to try out a Phoenix 14000k bulb. I got to see some MH set ups in person recently and really liked them. It should give me better all around coverage and it's 250w so I will be doing SPS from top to bottom.

This week I'm making the switch from the Kessil to a Hamilton Cayman Sun HQI system. I'm going to try out a Phoenix 14000k bulb. I got to see some MH set ups in person recently and really liked them. It should give me better all around coverage and it's 250w so I will be doing SPS from top to bottom.

THIS !!! One of my LFS's runs halides/t5's over their Sps frag tank and the colors and growth are amazing. It made me want to run them but the temp would just be tooooo high. I can't wait to see the tank with some real lights man.

THIS !!! One of my LFS's runs halides/t5's over their Sps frag tank and the colors and growth are amazing. It made me want to run them but the temp would just be tooooo high. I can't wait to see the tank with some real lights man.

I don't know if its just me but I have never had problems with temps. I have a 250w halide over a 24x24x12 about 10 inches from the water with no problems. I've used halides most my reefing life and have never had a temp rise more than a few degrees a day. That being said my house stays at 69 degrees year around so that could contribute to it but idk.

Archived