SaltCritters.com

Kat's Tea Party Under the Tree - Retired

metrokat

Because of current? I know in still water my acrylic sinks. 3" is tiny!

it's a 5G tank! 17 inches width, 11 tall. 3 inch table would be proportionate to the tree.

Just finished painting a sky, for the back ground

Because of current? I know in still water my acrylic sinks. 3" is tiny!

You might be right. 2nd problem is that that red paint would peel off.

Looks great Kat!

Thanks Dave

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I made a painting for the background. Have to remember to remove it for any maintenance. Probably should put it in a frame or something so it's easy to remove and put back.

20150829_120047.jpg

Looks like a stormy day :lol:

Hi Kat!!

I was curious about this and looked online a bit. I think I found a picnic table that fits your needs, 3⅜" Long and 2¼" Wide and 2" High.

Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miniature-Dollhouse-FAIRY-GARDEN-Furniture-Red-Resin-Picnic-Table-NEW-/261472149660?hash=item3ce0f4609c

Thanks Harry, it's made of resin, the birds I had which melted were made of resin too. So I think this might melt as well.

So I made you a table this morning. It's 3" long, apple sauce for scale. It's plastic, so I'm thinking I'll make some epoxy "feet" that you can bury in the sand to hold it down. I've got some red paint that should stick to it as well. What do you think?

2umguadh.jpg

So I made a painting for the background. Have to remember to remove it for any maintenance. Probably should put it in a frame or something so it's easy to remove and put back.

20150829_120047.jpg

Looks like a stormy day :lol:

Thanks Harry, it's made of resin, the birds I had which melted were made of resin too. So I think this might melt as well.

Heres a really cool DIY clay one that I might try just for fun. *(Not for the tank, just because it looks cool)*

Wow, look at what Veng made for me!!!

2015-08-29.jpg

Getting all the hook ups on this tank. : ) Looks great Veng! Which paint do you use that is reef safe once dry? Just curious.

Lowered the height on the tree by switching out the rock underneath with a shelf.

Removed one of the bigger rocks from the right side also.

The white picket fence needs another spot maybe. Next bit of work I do will be on the tree. Some branches broke off and I have more to glue on.

Don't be hatin' on my water spots.

20150830_094236.jpg

Cleaned out the skimmer and put on a longer tube for the waste. Evap is pretty significant in the tank. I have a small fan blowing to keep the temperature reasonable. Keeping the lid on raises the temperature too much so I can't use that to help with the evap. Have been thinking of doing a timed ATO but a gravit drip would be bette, if I can somehow fashion one like Nano-Sapens' hamster bottle ATO.

charnelhouse

Curious about paint in a tank. What kind do you use that won't bleed toxic crap into the water?

(not trying to poop on the party, just very curious)...

Curious about paint in a tank. What kind do you use that won't bleed toxic crap into the water?

(not trying to poop on the party, just very curious)...

Krylon fusion

The tree branches are made of coral skeleton which was spray painted brown

Archived