SaltCritters.com

Nanofreak's Z'z & P'z Paradise....

Nanofreak79

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

I got some sand for you. How much do you need. I'd take a piece for a bag of sand. I'm only using a few pounds out of a 30# bag. It's sugar sized aragonite.

Did you not get a skimmer? The one I have is way too big for my 45g and can't get the foam into the cup :P I need to downsize, I almost PM'd you about the Curve 5 but was worried that one might be too big too.

• 3 weeks later...
Nanofreak79

Finally got my new polyps from LC. Got some quick pics with the phone since I was feeling lazy.http://flic.kr/p/oz6b8B'>14814302905_ed68a0697a.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/oz6b8B'>2flicka_2014_8_2_21_47_14 by -Nanofreak79-http://flic.kr/p/oz4jvj'>14813940852_8c465b9fc1.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/oz4jvj'>2flicka_2014_8_2_21_47_5 by -Nanofreak79-http://flic.kr/p/oz6asi'>14814300625_5dfdd4ea06.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/oz6asi'>2flicka_2014_8_2_21_46_51 by -Nanofreak79-

Did you not get a skimmer? The one I have is way too big for my 45g and can't get the foam into the cup :P I need to downsize, I almost PM'd you about the Curve 5 but was worried that one might be too big too.
I decided to go skimerless on this system since it's all Z'z and P'z. I figure I'll get better growth with just WC's.
Nanofreak79

^ careful GA, it's an addiction that won't stop.

There you are freaky. I've been missing your update's blowing up my forum alerts.
I'm baaaaackkkk.

those are some nice addition. great grab
Thank you, there some of my favorites so far. Some better pics would do them justics.
Nanofreak79

Going good, life is starting to settle down. The wife finally got a new job close to home and good pay as well. She hasn't worked for about a month so money has been tight. My controller took a crap and decided to break down. I'm saving for a apex, but god damn there expensive. Right now I'm using a dj power bar and a power strip. My 45 has a bad case of cyano all of a sudden. I have some supplements I was out of and new ones for the cyano coming from BRS on Tuesday. $200 worth of blue bottles. Thinking about changing salts, and my sps look like total shit right now. Good PE, but terrible color. It's like I have low nutrients but cyano still, can't figure it out. Anyway, I could,ramble on and on about a lot of shit. My terror tank has a CUC coming this week too. Might pick up a small fish as well......

Legendary Corals

Finally got my new polyps from LC. Got some quick pics with the phone since I was feeling lazy.14814302905_ed68a0697a.jpg2flicka_2014_8_2_21_47_14 by -Nanofreak79-14813940852_8c465b9fc1.jpg2flicka_2014_8_2_21_47_5 by -Nanofreak79-14814300625_5dfdd4ea06.jpg2flicka_2014_8_2_21_46_51 by -Nanofreak79-

I decided to go skimerless on this system since it's all Z'z and P'z. I figure I'll get better growth with just WC's.

Awe yeah, that was one sexy order! Got to bust out some proper pics for them so I can put them on the site.

Did you happen to get a bottle of Cyno Clean ?

What salt are you currently using ? Just make sure to start out small when switching salts then go 100%.

I have to say,Zoa's are definitely a addiction. I've been able to pick up some sick ass ones lately got DIRT CHEAP. I have them holding a single polyp of Rasta's and Red Hornets and a 2 polyp frag of Orange Mauls for $30 :D

Nanofreak79

What's up ice. Haven't heard from you in awhile. This tank isn't he cyano tank. I'm having some brown algae issues that I scrub off the rocks weekly. I do large,50-75% WC's every week. I'm getting ahead of it now I think. I've also had these weird pineapple looking white things,attaching to my polyps,like there trying o eat them or,something. They don't seem to have anyway of moving besides floating. I've been picking them off with tweezers. I can't seem to find any info on them. Otherwise most polyps are doing good. I've lost a few,here and there, and all having slow growth.

I believe it may be some type of sponge. I have one on the bottom of one of my frags. It's white,kinda bulbous and almost a tube kinda top ? I'll see if I can get a picture of mine later after I go out to eat and do a water change.

How's life been treating ya mange ?

Nanofreak79

It's not the pineapple sponges. I've had those. It seems to be some sort of predatory thing as it's only on the polyps, no where else. Life is good, things are getting better.

Glad to hear things are getting better for ya man :) Which salt are you using and which salt are you considering switching too?? I've ran RC since forever but have been thinking about switching as well...... just not 100% on what I want to switch to and it has to be available in mass quantity lol

Got any pictures of the wierd floaty things?
I haven't seen any this week. If I spot anymore I'll snap a picture. I've pulled off about twenty, all ranging in different sizes.

Glad to hear things are getting better for ya man :) Which salt are you using and which salt are you considering switching too?? I've ran RC since forever but have been thinking about switching as well...... just not 100% on what I want to switch to and it has to be available in mass quantity lol
If eel like I've tried most of the salts, not all. Right now I'm on my fourth bucket of seachem reef salt. So far so good.

This thread needs more updates..
Yes I've been lazy on all my threads lately. I need a different lens for the camera too, as right now I'm using a 50mm fixed lens. I'll see what I can do.

Forget updates it needs more pictures!
No one can photobomb like you girl...

Yeah I have heard good things from a couple people on the seachem, been considering it. If ya shop around price seems to be decent, might have to pick up a truckload and give it a shot lol

• 5 months later...

Damn... where is this guy?

I spoke with him a while back and he has had alot going on, but I am sure he will be back when things settle down and hes ready :)

Archived