Cultivated Reef

40B Tang Hangout

GHill762

I found babies! normally my froggie is so puffed up I can't see the skeleton until lights out..

20131118_182859_zpsac51d2a9.jpg

Also redid the rock work on the right, I'll get pictures when everything is a little less pissed at me..

• Like 3

Nice! If you are ever down in Champaign area give me a yell and i'll trade you some Hammers for Frog.

do you go to any of the swaps west of you? like the SLASH swap or the one up by springfield?

if you can make it to the SLASH swap, you won't go home empty handed.. it's normally about a 2hr drive for me, but I went last year in a gnarly snowstorm and took about 4hrs to get back home, luckily we took my 4x4 rather than my gf's car like we planned.. it was a slick mess, easily 20+ wrecks and ditched cars.. even a tow truck pulling out a tow truck that got stuck pulling out an SUV.. but I made it home with a cooler full of goodies..

I found babies! normally my froggie is so puffed up I can't see the skeleton until lights out..

20131118_182859_zpsac51d2a9.jpg

Also redid the rock work on the right, I'll get pictures when everything is a little less pissed at me..

That froggie is an awesome color ( I know it's closed up so it looks different) :wub:

• Like 1

That froggie is an awesome color ( I know it's closed up so it looks different) :wub:

yeah, It's a pretty nice green even fully inflated.. some of the photos I posted show it being really light, but that's when I first switched to LED and it shed some color, it's since regained most of the color it had and has been growing like crazy.. this was one head about a year and a half ago, it's now 8 heads, with some trying to split, and obviously some babies..

New to Illinois so I haven't been. New baby also so pretty broke. LOL Hopefully I can make it next year.

well they're usually in March... the next one is 3/29/14 so you have a few months to save ;)

I'm not in SLASH, but I talk with most of them on FB and if I lived closer I'd definitly be a part of it.. I might join anyway just for fun.

http://slashclub.org/

I think the champaign urbana area has a decent saltwater community too.. I've gotten frags from someone in that area.. so does decatur..

you should join decatur area reef club on FB... or peoria area reef club.. lol. if you ever get to peoria, Aquarium Obsessions is a sweet store, charlie (the owner) is an awesome guy..

• Like 1

yeah, It's a pretty nice green even fully inflated.. some of the photos I posted show it being really light, but that's when I first switched to LED and it shed some color, it's since regained most of the color it had and has been growing like crazy.. this was one head about a year and a half ago, it's now 8 heads, with some trying to split, and obviously some babies..

Must be happy :)

• Like 1

Champbana area is meh for corals from what i've seen. Decatur and Peoria definitely look like better locales. Not too bad a drive either so once I get the cash I may check it out. I've heard about AO from quite a few people. :)

Champbana area is meh for corals from what i've seen. Decatur and Peoria definitely look like better locales. Not too bad a drive either so once I get the cash I may check it out. I've heard about AO from quite a few people. :)

if you go to St. Louis, there is like 7+ reef stores omgomgomg

the two that I've been to were awesome..

with champaign/urbana, you gotta talk to people that sell out of their house, there's nice stuff there..

meanwhile, back in my hometown.. we have a petco with no saltwater, and a pet supplies plus with disease, death, and three brown corals.. so for me it's definitely worth the trip.

• Like 1

Find me houses of people in Champbana then! I'm on the FB pages of a few but all the sellers are from different areas it seems. Dang't!

Coming here from the metro Detroit area has been a huge letdown coral'wise. :(

I just need some cash and to travel!

Find me houses of people in Champbana then! I'm on the FB pages of a few but all the sellers are from different areas it seems. Dang't!

Coming here from the metro Detroit area has been a huge letdown coral'wise. :(

I just need some cash and to travel!

danny strong from bloomington/normal is the first that comes to mind.. I can't remember who we bought from in champaign, but I know we did..

also, woo's aquatics in peoria does all online sales, they have some awesome stuff, and if you're in range (you are) your shipping is $10..

Bit of a mini photo dump..

8 head frog finally cheering up since the move

20131119_194502_zpscabc2ca1.jpg

Accidental frag during move.. Bright red Monti digi

20131119_194556_zpsf3d2db46.jpg

Skimmer is pulling well already

20131119_194434_zpsaa8b2f4d.jpg

Final scape under white/color channel only

20131119_190320-1_zps1fd427bd.jpg20131119_190335_zpsa47cb05d.jpg

Plenty of sand bed bed space for more clamses

The pics look kinda dim, that's because of my phone not the lights.. Pics were taken with 30% whites and blues at the lowest setting..

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

LOL So many perverted thoughts.

Anyways. Shit it probably be next year the way im going. just got an 1800GPH overflow box for 25 on ebay from reefcreators, originally 49.99. I want to make a bean animal overflow so plenty of room was needed.

well my fishes came in from DFS, all healthy and active.. one sixline and 2 very very small blue/green chromis.. no photos of the fishes... the wrasse is too fast, and the chromis were very shy last night.. I'll get pics eventually..

here's some pics under blue channel only.. just for color purposes..

this is the red digi, this really is how bright it is in person under blues. the monti to the right of the digi is bright red/pink flesh with electric blue polyps, color doesn't pic up on camera at all..

9ac950d2-4dd6-4c5c-a261-78ea108bcf44_zps

here's a birdsnest with bright green skin and flowy glowy purple polyps.. the polyps aren't really out in this pic, but they're usually very bushy with full polyp extension, this hermit has been camping out on it for 2 days now, it's not stuck - just staying there.. if he isn't gone when I get home he's getting thrown accross to the other side of the tank..

20131126_173651_zps5cd780f1.jpg

euphyllia and bambams

20131126_173429-1_zps479defc6.jpg

here's the whole tank under blues (yes it's crooked, I know, I'm a noob)

61178b87-5d2c-4ea4-bc63-f43aea7d8790_zps

I have some of my "normal" birdsnests off in the corner (out of picture) healing right now.. they bleached.. I have soft coral up higher than where these birds were.. I don't get it.. but the big one (yellow flesh, purple-ish polyps) is doing well and still has a lot of color, one of the smaller frags that was pink with blue polyps is basically stark white (still has flesh and polyps, just no color), it'll likely die.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

New to Illinois so I haven't been. New baby also so pretty broke. LOL Hopefully I can make it next year.

I would of had a custom tank if it wasn't for another baby lol, I love this cry baby opera star of mine though, so no regrets. SHE EVEN SINGS AT NIGHT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT PRACTICING AND FINE TUNING HER TALENT! HE...HE...he..h..e...sniff sniff..

• Like 2