Top Shelf Aquatics

iTank 5g?

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos
Cool looking. Looks space age! :)

Thank you! :)

Alright everyone, today im trying to find a replacement for the LEDs, but it's turning out a bit complicated. :/ If you look at tge the picture I posted of the LEDs it came with, you will notice a clear square lid. Well on top of the tank the acrylic is white, amd there's a hole where the lid goes and the light rests on top. So either I find a fixture as a circle or idk. :/ I was looking at the ecoxotic par38 fixtures, but I keep hearing stories of people who hang them above the tank because they are to bright for corals. And With my tank only having that hole. Lol

The only way would be for the fixture to have a dimmer.

So I found this ...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330869453636

Now I know its a cheap fixture but im only growing zoas, rics, and maybe a hammer or so. Which doesnt really require too much light. And with me paying for Vet school, well im a little short in money lol :P

So let me know what you guys think. :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing looks nice. And I want one. Paint the back white, swap out the pump, maybe get a mp10 in there... ooooh man...

Angel<3Nanos
Here you go. See if you can cram two or three of these in there. http://www.ecoxotic.com/ecopico-accessories.html'>http://www.ecoxotic.com/ecopico-accessories.html
Cool thx! But im looking for a round fixture :/

Look here.. has the par bulbs and the dimmer switch.http://coralcompulsion.com/led'>http://coralcompulsion.com/led Sweet lookin setup. Kinda retro..
Oh these I like! :D ill order one up right now! :) Omg so retro huh!? Im liking this thing the more you guys comment about it thx! :D

This thing looks nice. And I want one. Paint the back white, swap out the pump, maybe get a mp10 in there... ooooh man...
Was thinking of painting the back but I like the blue on my wall heheAnd oh man I wish I could afford an mp10 right now! :)

You could always paint the back blue :P I paint the back of every tank I have just because it hides cords and such, and makes the tank look cleaner.

You can sometimes find mp10s in the hardware classifieds for good prices.

I might actually be doing this if I can find one of these. But there aren't too many Petcos around here.

Angel<3Nanos

Hey guys bought the par38 36w LED 20k full spectrum dimmable with switch! :D now we wait! :D

Angel<3Nanos
You could always paint the back blue :P I paint the back of every tank I have just because it hides cords and such, and makes the tank look cleaner.

You can sometimes find mp10s in the hardware classifieds for good prices.

I might actually be doing this if I can find one of these. But there aren't too many Petcos around here.

So true! My 20Long was painted and I loved it. Ohh how I miss it. Lol

And well fathers day is coming sooo.. maybe mp10! Hehe wife buys the present my daughter gives me so ill ask hehe.

And if you ever find one of these let me know because there's a little leaking problem but its easy to fix. You see, there's a plastic lid between the tank and sump. There's a small water "path" that leads to a hole where water falls into the sump, just got to makr that hole bigger to avoid the water overflowing. Very simple. ;)

Chew_Magna

Lol I wouldn't put an MP10 in a tank that small. Even on it's lowest setting you're going to make a mess in there. Just get a stronger return pump and you'll be golden. Maybe a Y split for the nozzle for double directional control.

Angel<3Nanos
Lol I wouldn't put an MP10 in a tank that small. Even on it's lowest setting you're going to make a mess in there. Just get a stronger return pump and you'll be golden. Maybe a Y split for the nozzle for double directional control.

YeahI have 2 small koralias 240s but I thought it would be too much. I'll use my mp10 for my 85Long im still working on.

Angel<3Nanos

Alright folks!

Quick update!

I went to my 2 fav LFS (which are super awesome!!) and got me some corals!!!!!!! :D

here's what i got:

-Hammer

-Torch

-Yuma

-Eagle eyes

-Radioactive Dragon eyes

-Darth Mauls

-Magicians

-Bam bams

-Green Mushrooms

I've also ordered a pair of POM POMs that will arrive this week hopefully. Those will be hosting the tank! :)

I will post pics as soon as the torch opens up :/ lol

Pom poms!! Those are my favorite invert. Yay! Hope yours come in with their nems. They just aren't the same without them..

Angel<3Nanos

Pom poms!! Those are my favorite invert. Yay! Hope yours come in with their nems. They just aren't the same without them..

They are just too cool!! :D

But oh god! I've seen pom poms with no nems, so sad. :(

But my buddy said he will make sure they come with the nems! so fingers crossed!! :D

Well it's not like he can do much, they get stressed the nems will die. But like I said, hope you get nems with yours. They are so skittish already that without their main defense/eating mechanism they hide like 24/7

Angel<3Nanos

Well it's not like he can do much, they get stressed the nems will die. But like I said, hope you get nems with yours. They are so skittish already that without their main defense/eating mechanism they hide like 24/7

oh man hopefully mines will be ok.

This so reminds me of the George Jetson white tv set, love it. and the coral skeltons looks fantastic. Wow, sounds like your lfs has a great selection and variety. Looking forward to seeing it.

Angel<3Nanos
This so reminds me of the George Jetson white tv set, love it. and the coral skeltons looks fantastic. Wow, sounds like your lfs has a great selection and variety. Looking forward to seeing it.
Thx! Lol I love the retro look on this :) here's the website of my LFS www.desertreefco.com He has amazing stuff at great prices! :)

This tank is crazy cool. I love it. But can't seem to find it on Petco's website.
Thank you Jay Wee! Tho, I have no clue of why they don't have it on their website. Tomorrow im going to get a new bed for my puppy at petco so I will ask them more about this.
Angel<3Nanos
Saw this tank at Petco and I INSTANTLY thought moon jellies. lol Like that jellyart tank, but cheaper.

Lmao moon jellies!!! :D haha

Angel<3Nanos

Omg got my par38 light yesterday! :D corals look very happy now! :)

I still havent have the time to post pics since I havent gotten to my laptop yet. And yesterday I was busy fixing a vw that gave me a pain, and then setting up a 50g freshwater at my brother's inlaws. Anyways today i work all day but I'll post some pics tonight promise :)

Also does anyone knows the html or whatever code to add a link to a picture for my signature? I've seen people here who have them. :)

Angel<3Nanos

Just bought a pom pom!!!! Anyway fret told me that they don't do we'll in groups? So be careful. They may suddenly disappear. .....in other news I just saw this tank and thought...hmmm mantis anybody?

Oh god, so jealous lol

mines come til next week, since my buddy down at my lfs is going to california and getting them.

And yep, they dont do well in groups... but im getting a mated pair, which are rare to find but he has someone over in cali who might just have one ;) so hopefully :)

and matis scare the crap out of me seriously lol

btw im about to post pics right now :) and maybe a video.

Archived