Coral Vue Hydros

WaWaWang's 40G of Shallownessnessgoon

Wawawang

Thank you for the compliments everyone. I trimmed the xenia and the feather caluerpa. I also rearranged the background corals to balance out the left island. Here are some quick shots. I also moved the toadstool back to this tank from my 34g cube.

I also got a few PM's about my maintenance, dosing, etc. So ill just answer here as well since it may be helpful.

Weekly:

I change the water once a week with 4 gallons of reef crystals. For dosing I put 4 scoops of tropic marin BIO calcium in the water Im about to change 5 minutes before the change. Also I test salinity every water change(refractometer).

Clean glass once a week.

Monthly:

Replace my carbon, GFO, and polyfilter once a month in my canister filter.

Replace 1-2 cups of sand per month with the carib sea aragalive oolite. I remove the sand with my water changes 1-2 cups per month.

Other:

I havent tested my water chemistry in about a year. I can tell my tank is doing good by observing.

I do monitor temp 24/7(lifeguard temp alert), sticker thermometer, and a glass thermometer.

Feed my fish lightly every 3 days flakes.

IMG_2629v3_zps661fd674.jpg

IMG_2612v3_zpsaa9914c3.jpg

IMG_2613v2_zps88005400.jpg

• Like 18

Yes I run a aquac remora pro hob. Almost a zero maintanance skimner. Id never do needle wheel after this again.

An unappreciated skimmer IMO. It's a good skimmer but it's pretty loud.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Woot Woot! Congrats on TOTM buddy, I have been campaigning to see this one get the title for a number of months now. Well deserved :) :).

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...