Cultivated Reef

December 2012 Featured Reef - metrokat

Christopher Marks

Your Aquarium is incredible! I just look at your pictures every day for inspiration. No kidding, I actually keep your page open on a new tab whenever my computer is on. I really love the amazing Zoanthid Garden. I hope I can get my tank as beautiful as yours someday. I also love your Mandarin!

Wow, thanks for the compliments. Your video looks really good, I like the diversity of corals you have there.

I wish you could edit my video for me, I love yours!

How difficult is it to keep that fire coral?

Wow! I love your tank!

Thank you.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How difficult is it to keep that fire coral?

Thanks ;) I actually got the fire coral only a couple of weeks back. The LFS told me that I just needed to feed it a specific micron sized meal twice a week. I was very careful when I placed it in my tank since I hear it can hospitalize humans with its sting. My fish and snails seem to love it though ;)

Thanks ;) I actually got the fire coral only a couple of weeks back. The LFS told me that I just needed to feed it a specific micron sized meal twice a week. I was very careful when I placed it in my tank since I hear it can hospitalize humans with its sting. My fish and snails seem to love it though ;)

That's awesome.

Amazing video.

I love the movement that the heavy flow of the tank creates. Makes me want to upgrade my pumps on my NanoCube 28.

Thanks Dug, How is everything going otherwise?

I'm doing well.....thanks for asking. I still need to get a tank thread started.

By the way, what is the neon green coral just below and to the left of your Bangii Cardinal in your full tank shot. It is gorgeous.

I'm doing well.....thanks for asking. I still need to get a tank thread started.

By the way, what is the neon green coral just below and to the left of your Bangii Cardinal in your full tank shot. It is gorgeous.

The big round green one? Grandis paly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
lifebidesign

I'm pretty new and will be doing a build thread soon. Was out of the hobby for a long time, now I'm back and decided to build a breeding area for Clownfish. Just waiting for parts :( and thank you for your comment on my signature I designed it I am a Graphic Artist by day and a Reefer by night. Let me know if you need an animated signature I can put one together for you. Cheers

I'm pretty new and will be doing a build thread soon. Was out of the hobby for a long time, now I'm back and decided to build a breeding area for Clownfish. Just waiting for parts :( and thank you for your comment on my signature I designed it I am a Graphic Artist by day and a Reefer by night. Let me know if you need an animated signature I can put one together for you. Cheers

That's very generous of you, thank you so much.

Nano sapiens

I was going through some of the TOTMs and when I got to this one I had to do a double take because I don't see my "Congrats' post at all! Either I'm blind, or it just didn't post.

Anyway...a belated 'Congrats', Kat!

Nano sapiens

Yup, I did read that, thanks. When you see my FTS showing just a bare tank then you'll know I've taken 'minimalistic' to a whole other level ;)

• 1 month later...

As a relative newcomer to this forum it was nice to find a thread of yours that wouldn't age me prematurely as I read through 12,000 copy and paste entries. Looks like a picked a good one too - this is a well executed tank with some great individual touches. Will look forward to you starting a new thread so I can get in from the beginning. Congratulations on the honour!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I googled "cool duncan lps" images and the photo of your Duncan in this thread came up. (Gorgeous tank by the way....I checked out this thread previously) I love the Duncan in my tank and I was looking for another one with different colors.

Are these the colors that would naturally show up with typical white/actinic balance OR is this photo just with blues on?

Where did you get this duncan? It is a beautiful coral.

Thanks, Doug

Archived