Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

I'm looking at a mix of softies. Mostly mushroom, xenia and GSP. For some of the ledges I'm going to add some favias. Since they can sting I think they will keep the softies at bay.

Thanks!

I'm looking at a mix of softies. Mostly mushroom, xenia and GSP. For some of the ledges I'm going to add some favias. Since they can sting I think they will keep the softies at bay.

Oh man. That back wall's gonna be full in a couple weeks! You're a braver man than I.... Favites sting but I'd bring out the heavy artillery - a wall of hydnophora to keep it at bay. Guaranteed to kill damn near anything that touches it ;)

Ha!

Well I do love my softies. So I have never minded GSP or xenia. Also in my experience they both like being at the top of the tank so if I start then there they should stay in that area and will be easy to trim back.

In Theory ;)

So my husband left for a trip this morning :( So I have ALL WEEK to work on this tank. I'm feeling it already today. I've been cleaning buckets of sand and hauling RO/DI water. Put that with my tough physical therapy earlier today and I'm sore!

Ha!

Well I do love my softies. So I have never minded GSP or xenia. Also in my experience they both like being at the top of the tank so if I start then there they should stay in that area and will be easy to trim back.

In Theory ;)

So my husband left for a trip this morning :( So I have ALL WEEK to work on this tank. I'm feeling it already today. I've been cleaning buckets of sand and hauling RO/DI water. Put that with my tough physical therapy earlier today and I'm sore!

Sounds logical, having them start at the top!

Does your husband get jealous of the time you spend with your tanks? My son AND husband do in my case :lol: Enjoy your undisturbed week of tank fun!!!!

Here it all is before adding rock :)

IMG_1362.jpg

Notice anything? YUP I added a Dragon. Some may say it's tacky but I love it. I love Dragons and when I saw this at Petsmart I had to have it :D

• Like 1

Looking nice. The dragon? Not for me buy like you said, it's your tank so what ever floats your boat. I like the wall. I think starting the Zenia and GSP at the top will definitely help in keeping them from over running the tank. Good luck.

omgomgomg

That IS a surprise!!!!!! Very cool. I have an appreciation for dragons as well. Ever since I watched the movie How To Train Your Dragon...too cute. My son LOVES dragons!!!! I can't wait to show him this :happy:

Are you going to grow coral on him????? Maybe some green GSP?

I wanna watch how to train your dragon now! I love that movie :)

Omg! It's soo FLUFFY!

lg-082312-386a.jpg

I wants it, I needs it!

I am not an SPS fan. I've considered giving away the ones I have. But this one is awesome! Look how fluffy it is!!

c732z.gif

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!! lol :lol:

I like the rock wall and the dragon..I tried it once in a 46g bow front...I am sure the thread is around here somewhere...

I have a Moai in my 40g that has been in most of my reef tanks for luck :P

Thanks!

Well things started going South quickly in the 25 with all the missing rock and so many corals on the sand bed. After talking to several people I decided o go ahead and make the move :)

So far everything is doing well besides being freaked out. I'm moving over some of my old sand bed to the sump before I take down the old one. Sadly most of my GSP would not come off the back wall. It's ok it will come back :)

Anyway that's how it is now

Deleted User 3

Wow great progress! :) Love the dragon. I'm debating about hiding a spongebob in mine somewhere. Somewhere where when you see him you're like OH! cuz you didn't see him when you glanced... haha. Peeking out of somewhere maybe.

Ug I am beat! I finished hooking most everything up. All I have left is the ATO but it can wait until tomorrow. More corals look pretty blah under these lights. I really need to get new ATI bulbs. That should help.

When I took down my LEDs from of 25 cube I was really surprised how many had burned out! The oldest of the LEDs are less than a year old and the newest are only a few months old. All of them had several burned out LEDs. I took good care of these and made sure the underside was exposed for proper air flow. They still were damaged. It was very disappointing. No more ecoxotic LEDs for me.

First of all, love the new sig :)

That's disappointing to hear about the LEDs from ecoxotic!!!!! So far mine have been fine. You had the panorama pros, right? Makes me nervous to hear this. I suppose if mine go out I'll just remove the hood and throw on my Current T5 light fixture.

And finally...the color on the fluffy SPS is amazing!!!!! Love it :) Did you get it?

I know! It was surprising. Yes I have the panorama pros, it's really a bummer.

I didn't get the milli :( I hope to get one down the line though!

I know! It was surprising. Yes I have the panorama pros, it's really a bummer.

I didn't get the milli :( I hope to get one down the line though!

How long have you had the pros? I bet they are still under some sort of warranty considering they are supposed to last like 7 years or so!!!!!

I just went back and checked my notes:

I got 2 in September of last year

1 in November of last year

1 in April of this year

I'll send them an email about it and see where it goes.

Deleted User 3

Hey where are you at in Wisconsin, I never think I asked you! Maybe if you're not too far away I can take a lil weekend break over to your place : )

I love this tank and what you have done so far!!!! I have a 65 fw with africans. When I reach all the way to the bottom, my armpits get wet, lol. Since it is so deep do you have any concerns about light penetration?

Wow the rock wall turned out awesome. I'm usually not a fan but you've got a really nice thing going on here. Nice work. Cant wait to see it all covered with corals.

Archived