Innovative Marine Aquariums

Paigee's 20L Extravaganza!

Paigee

Thanks!

Tomorrow is the day I hand in my last paper.... If you've been following along you know what that means

:ninja:

Stay tuned.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm becoming more and more a fan of making my 20L have a small section on one end that would include some filtration and possibly fuge area. DIY AIO ftw.

Looking into custom acrylic shops that can cut the divider for me. I know I could fashion one myself, but I'd rather get one made with nicely cut teeth on the top of it. I still need to research how I will go about dividing it up though. Suggestions welcome!

That would be a good idea and you should check out this[/url ]guy. Looks pretty clean.

I'm becoming more and more a fan of making my 20L have a small section on one end that would include some filtration and possibly fuge area. DIY AIO ftw.

Looking into custom acrylic shops that can cut the divider for me. I know I could fashion one myself, but I'd rather get one made with nicely cut teeth on the top of it. I still need to research how I will go about dividing it up though. Suggestions welcome!

That would be a good idea and you should check out this guy. Looks pretty clean.

Wow thanks for the link! His tank actually inspired this idea for mine! I think the one he had was sold, but I sent him a PM if he is able to make another.

Thanks again! :)

I think I might also make the trip out to J&L tomorrow to pic up some T5s for the 20L, they have them on sale right now and 2 bulbs would be 20 bucks. Can't beat that. Maybe I'll call first and see how long the sale is on for.

I'm super limited with options for lighting because in my noob FW days, I got the first light my LFS recommended, which is a 30" coralife fixture. It's an alright fixture, but the selection for bulbs is extremely limited in 30". I've been strongly debating if I want to keep the fixture, or go for a different LED clamp... But truth be told I'm not super happy with my current lights. Kind of want to try T5... But don't want to spend the money because what if I don't like it?!

So basically I'm getting a 10000k and an acintic bulb for the coralife and we'll see how that goes. Who knows, maybe I'll like it. That is also in addition to the Boost LEDs I have on the 10G.

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense, I just finished my paper and I'm taking a break before editing it.

Thanks!

Tomorrow is the day I hand in my last paper.... If you've been following along you know what that means

Stay tuned.

It's been a long time since I was in school, but I do remember that wonderful feeling!

Well good news, things are starting to come together!! Remember how I mentioned I wanted to do an AIO? I was inspired by YankeePete's build, it was super clean looking. Th64 was kind enough to direct me to his for sale thread, and he is selling more! So I'm getting one of those.

Also thinking I'm going to go with a 4x 24w T5 light, I thought about it more and more last night. Possibly buying a 24" Sundial fixture from someone on here because it has the features I want (timer, blue LEDs). If that doesn't pan out, likely getting a Fishneedit fixture.

Also excited for corals later :D

Just a teaser - got coral. 3. None are rics, ironically. Got a red and pink chalice, some pale pink zoos and an unknown sps that is purple with green polyps.

They're temp acclimating right now while I run to the hockey shop with my bf and his brother.

Just a teaser - got coral. 3. None are rics, ironically. Got a red and pink chalice, some pale pink zoos and an unknown sps that is purple with green polyps.

They're temp acclimating right now while I run to the hockey shop with my bf and his brother.

Pictures! Do you at least know what kind of SPS it is--montipora, acropora, etc.? It sounds like the purple/green montipora spongodes I'm getting in the mail Friday. That chalice sounds awesome too. I'm getting my first chalice, a blue one, on Friday as well! :happydance:

Pics! Matt, I think it's a branching monti? But I'm honestly just guessing. ID's welcome!

Mystery SPS

bbc4b5c0.jpg

Sps with the chalice - I was wrong, the chalice is actually blue-grean with pink speckles

fc52f3a2.jpg

Super angry zoas, there was an evil hairy bug on them in the bag! But he's in the garbage now and I FW dipped and inspected, nothing else is hiding. They are going to be pale pink when they open. (please ignore the grass - need a scraper! :mellow: )

7d13b8a8.jpg

Also - pulled the trigger on a 4x 24W Sundial fixture with timers and moonlights for $150 from fellow member here, darkside212. Shoutout to him for answering all my questions really fast! He still has one for sale I think if anyone needs one :D Also have one of YankeePete's beautiful AIO fuges on the way.

So stoked!

It does look like a montipora digitata, but I'm not sure. I'm just getting into sps myself so I'm not 100% on the ID. Either way it looks nice!

Did you ID the bug? Sounds like a nudibranch. I hope there was only one on there.

Awesome new additions!!!!! I want to see those zoas when they open :happy:

Thanks!! I'm hoping I'll be able to capture the colors right, they are sucks pale pink it might be hard. I'll try next time I'm at my bf's house!!

Tryin to sell off my stuff from my FW days to get money for upgrades :D Won't be much but it's better than it collecting dust around the house.

You can find space for that. Just remove something that isn't a "must have," like some furniture, or a load bearing wall.

You can find space for that. Just remove something that isn't a "must have," like some furniture, or a load bearing wall.

+1 :lol:

That would be cool though to have that size and shape of tank. If I came across an awesome deal I'd somehow find room in my house :happy:

Hahaha oh god psychosis :P

I wish I had exciting updates for you guys, just boring crap. Selling an old FW light and canister today to get some $$$, probably also trading in my 29g for credit towards a 20L, so I can have the actual tank haunt me :P

I can't really start anything until I get the aio thing from yankeepete, but I know he mentioned his son was born early so I understand shipping this thing is not top of his priorities!

that mystery sps looks cool!

good thing you got rid of that pest on the zoas. i spotted one on the last blue/green zoa i got, first time buying from someone new. as soon as i saw that i dipped the ever living hell out of all the frags i got.

Archived