nevermore1701

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nevermore1701

Very nice :happydance:.

What will the next fish be?

Thanks!

Next additions will be the pom-pom pair, but as far as fish I'll likely get a very small clown in a week or two. Want one that will grow up being used to the firefish and hopefully not mess with it in the future. I think the last two purple firefish and even the six line fell victim to the mean B&W Occ. I used to have.

nevermore1701

Those B/W clowns are beasts when they get older, for sure. I loved mine though. Still regretting trading her in.

Yeah, mine was quite feisty!

Went to pick up the pom-poms, and of course someone had bought them a few minutes before I got there :rolleyes:

I asked them to order me a pair in their next shipment, but that's never worked before so I'm not holding my breath :angry:

nevermore1701

My quest to acquire pom-poms continues. I called this morning and they said they got a pair in Tuesday night, so I asked them to hold them for me for a few hours. Just went in and they couldn't find them, so either they sold them (likely), they died (less likely), or they're both really good hiders (possible). To console myself I got a little skunk cleaner and a little bluish/purple mushroom and small GSP frag from their "leftover" frag tank.

• 2 weeks later...
nevermore1701

Called again, still no damn pom-poms!

First split Rhodactis with newly purple zoas and photobombing shrimp:

IMG_4602.JPG

Second split Rhodactis with random polyp growing between them and cloves all around:

IMG_4604.JPG

Mediocre FTS complete with baby clown and creeping cleaner shrimp:

IMG_4601.JPG

:happydance:

It's starting to look like it's old self again :). Can't wait for my rhodactis to take over your tank LOL.

I like the GSP on the back wall.

You should try a yasha and shrimp pair, if you can find them locally. Cheaper that way. I saw a pair on DD today but it was over $100!!!!!! No thank you :lol:.

I'm so glad you didn't give up!!!!

nevermore1701

:happydance:

It's starting to look like it's old self again :). Can't wait for my rhodactis to take over your tank LOL.I like the GSP on the back wall.You should try a yasha and shrimp pair, if you can find them locally. Cheaper that way. I saw a pair on DD today but it was over $100!!!!!! No thank you :lol:.I'm so glad you didn't give up!!!!

Thanks, I'm very glad I don't scrap it! I'm hoping that whole side ends up being covered in the green Rhodactis! Also hoping the GSP starts spreading along the wall, the plan is to keep it off the rocks completely, and should be doable as long as I prune it before it gets there. I'm on the lookout for another YWG, I loved the one I had for so long, I have the feeling that stupid "reef safe" lobster got him, along with the black clown :(

Also still trying to get a pair of pom-poms, might have to break down and order them, much as I don't want to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
nevermore1701

Yeah, I'm terrible about updating this thread, bite me :P

Thanks to Gena's suggestion to use the landscape mode on my camera, I'm actually able to get true-color pics under the new LEDs!

FTS:

IMG_4879.JPG

Gena's turquoise trumpets, they've been doing great!

IMG_4885.JPG

And my deresa, from the angle it's actually seen from when looking at the tank:

IMG_4883.JPG

OMG an update!!!!! I about fainted LOL.

Is that what the mountain is...landscape mode? LOL. That derasa :wub:.

I hope to see updates more often now :).

nevermore1701

OMG an update!!!!! I about fainted LOL.

Is that what the mountain is...landscape mode? LOL. That derasa :wub:.

I hope to see updates more often now :).

Landscape, scenery, outdoors.... Something like that :P

As for more updates, knowing what mode to use on the camera isn't going to magically make me less lazy :lol:

And yes, that Derasa is pretty :D

No new pictures today???? :P

I'm so jealous of your derasa. Felicia just got a new tiger patterned derasa. It's incredible.

I sent some trumpets to Got2envy in TX. this week. They managed 3 days in shipping. Now you, Maria, and Lawn have my turquoise trumpets. :)

• 5 months later...

Archived