Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My ADA 60P. Now with 20" NEP CREE/T5 Retro

reeftankguy

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
reeftankguy
How's the (LED) shimmer look with the T5s on?

TIA

The same as with the T5's off... No difference at all... imo the T5's make the real colors pop!

Word.

I keep seeing a lot of 'T5s will wash out the LED shimmer' type comments online.

Of course, they're probably all just idiots. I've never seen any 'evidence' of such claims.

I'm so stoked to get my hybrid fixture soon.

reeftankguy
Word.

I keep seeing a lot of 'T5s will wash out the LED shimmer' type comments online.

Of course, they're probably all just idiots. I've never seen any 'evidence' of such claims.

I'm so stoked to get my hybrid fixture soon.

What type of hybrid did you get?

Nano Box 13up Duo flanked by 4x TEK T5 retrofits inside a custom 24" Nano Box housing.

It's a'ight.

Ditto... Just finished your "Max" Build thread and Nano-Reef Radio? lol

:) Did you hear the first episode? :) I'm currently recording the reef biatch and moan show. Care to share any pet peeves on air?

When my T5's are on, there is almost no shimmer in the tank. I have LED's come on at different times to the T5's so I get to see the shimmer some of the time. I would much rather have healthy corals that pop than shimmer. I made my own hybrid and I am happy with what it does for my tank. LED/T5 combos FTW.

reeftankguy
:) Did you hear the first episode? :) I'm currently recording the reef biatch and moan show. Care to share any pet peeves on air?

Yes I did... I think I'll pass on sharing (I keep a low profile)

When my T5's are on, there is almost no shimmer in the tank. I have LED's come on at different times to the T5's so I get to see the shimmer some of the time. I would much rather have healthy corals that pop than shimmer. I made my own hybrid and I am happy with what it does for my tank. LED/T5 combos FTW.

:huh: Hmmmmm... what type of LED's, watts per LED?

reeftankguy

Hi ya kittykat! I'm in Houston trying to liquidate my hoard of silver coins and ingots, so start driving and when you get here I'll show you some places to eat and corals to see... :)

What color shoes will you have on :wub:

Hi ya kittykat! I'm in Houston trying to liquidate my hoard of silver coins and ingots, so start driving and when you get here I'll show you some places to eat and corals to see... :)

What color shoes will you have on :wub:

ahh humidston, I mean Houston. I found these uber cool ones over the weekend:

$(KGrHqF,!lEE-j2UWj4YBPw6wR3Imw~~60_35.JPG

Archived