Cultivated Reef

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Awesome tank!

I am in the process of designing my new tank at the moment, 37" by 15" by 15". I was thinking about getting the Vortech MP10 and mounting it at one end but after seeing that you have the MP40, I am thinking maybe it wont be enough flow? How far do you have yours dialed down?

+1

great looking tank

Thank you!

Beautiful Tigah!

I think we can consider you "back in" now. :P

Certainly didn't lose your touch.

B)

Thanks, NRF!

Awesome tank!

I am in the process of designing my new tank at the moment, 37" by 15" by 15". I was thinking about getting the Vortech MP10 and mounting it at one end but after seeing that you have the MP40, I am thinking maybe it wont be enough flow? How far do you have yours dialed down?

I have it dialed down a lot right now, about 20%, b/c my acans were pissed and I wanted to keep the flow lower to reduce any possible stress. But I think it depends on what you want to keep. I had it up at 75-80% before and everything, except for my acans, were fine. I don't know much about the MP10, but why not spring for at least an MP20, especially since you will have a long tank like me. I intend to crank it back up soon.

Edited by Tigahboy
man you have one of the cleanest setups i've ever seen.....

wha, sam?

you no likey the overcrowded look no moar? :huh:

I keed, I keed.

:D

Edited by pismo_reefer

I'm going up to bay area tomorrow for a little trip, so this will be my last photos for awhile.

Maxi mini group photo (I have 6 color variants now)!

Tank302.jpg

Another FTS...

Tank301.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, reefers!

And a full sized FTS.

post-9221-1259219450_thumb.jpg

So I made it through the full 43 pages and just have to say that your setup is to die for. I am sorry about the problems you had with your Acans and such, but you really show what I believe most people strive to have in a tank. Clean simple impact is all I can think when I look at it. I can understand why you no longer watch as much telivision. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

So I made it through the full 43 pages and just have to say that your setup is to die for. I am sorry about the problems you had with your Acans and such, but you really show what I believe most people strive to have in a tank. Clean simple impact is all I can think when I look at it. I can understand why you no longer watch as much telivision. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Thanks, Berkey! I appreciate the feedback.

i might have alrady asked this..but what camera were u using before the one you have right now?

My previous camera was a Canon SD1100.

Wait a minute here, hold up.

This IS'NT a 35g. This is AT LEAST a 90g ;)

no but really i always thought this was a 90g HA!

Edited by clownfish617
Wait a minute here, hold up.

This IS'NT a 35g. This is AT LEAST a 90g ;)

no but reall yai always thought this was a 90g HA!

If this were a 90g, you'd see a tang in there asap.

Awesome tank Tigah. In one of the FT shots from the last page did I see another cap in there? I know the orange one...

Yeah, that's a green cap. But I don't like it so much so it is in the back of my tank for now.

That cap is hot. I didn't realize it was so nodular.

Are you still alive, Dennis?

You never join chat now.

I've been SO SO busy these past few weeks. Been best man in 2 weddings, work got crazy busy, and other drama. But things are starting to settle back down again. Thankfully.

Oh, and I got all my params in check now. I sold some acan since I want to be able to crank up my vortech (it's been on low for awhile now). I ended up deciding to keep just 4 of the nicer ones (though I initially was going to sell ALL). I moved them to an area with very little flow, and moved the dendro over.

I'll post an updated FTS soon.

Added some new equipment.

Switched out my MJ1200 on my ATO with an aqualifter. I do feel safer now.

Tank311.jpg

Also added a ZooMed 501 turtle filter to run my chemipure. The chemipure fit perfectly. Thanks for the recommendation, mew!

Tank310.jpg

Edited by Tigahboy