inTank Media Baskets

burtbollinger's 30g Finnex M Tank

burtbollinger

SeeDemTails

Looking really good burt!

Beware of the cap, its going to shade everything on that side of the tank eventually. I have had to remove several from my 37 because they got to big. Stay on the fragging!

burtbollinger

cool, I'll keep an eye on the cap....it grows so quick too....luckilly, I dont have it glued down or anything. it just sits there on the mag rock shelf.

burtbollinger

Tank at 1 year...would be filled with corals but $$$ has been an issue.

tank2009.jpg

sideu.jpg

host2n.jpg

Edited by burtbollinger
  • 1 month later...

Hey nice looking tank. I just received mine in the mail and was curious to see if you could post a picture of the back of your tank. When I water tested mine i did not know where the water level sould be in the return chamber. Does that need to be full, it seemed like it was going to about a little over a half to three quarters full and just wanted to know if these are the normal levels. I was running the stock skimmer and stock return pump. Thanks for the help! :unsure:

burtbollinger

last chamber on the right is what I use to gauge fullness....I have my tunze ossimilator in there, with the sensor set about midway, meaning water level is midway too....Without an ATO, I'd run it at least that full or risk burning out a pump....(tank will evaporate 1/2 g a day).

in tank news, really jonsing to get a 4th fish.

last chambe ron the right. Thats when your looking from the front of the tank correct? The return pump chamber? I think you got the tank thats like mine a philxon has the pump chamber in the middle. So at least half way up....because i did a water test and got it pretty high up. you can see on my sig. if you want. Thanks for the help !!!!

Great tank! inspiring rockwork... I'm gonna do something similar with mine as well after i move for college. I see you're a fan of the wire...

• 2 weeks later...

Nice updated pics, Burt! B) I'm proud to say that my Finnex 30g is finally back in action once again after a 7 month hiatus, lol! Pics in my thread. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...