SaltCritters.com

FBC's 10 Gallon Frag Tank

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

Alright finally got over procrastinating the recreating of the frag tank. So here it is, my first fully saltwater tank, and the 45's almost finished the cycle! Anyways...

1. Equipment:
    • 10 gallon AGA
    • Current Sunpod 70W 14K
    • Perfecta Glass Canopy
    • Hydor 50W Heater
    • Hydor Koralia Nano
    • Mag-Float

[*]Filtration:

• Around 8-10 lbs. of LR
  • Around 15 lbs. of LS
  • AquaClear20 moded HOB Fuge(currently unmodded and running carbon)

[*]CUC:

• 1 Cerith
  • 1 Nerite
  • 2 Tongan Nassarius (1 Black & 1 White)
  • 1 Turban/Ateria Snail ?

[*]Livestock:

• Cuddles the Rock Burrowing Urchin
  • 3 legged Asternid Star

[*]Corals:

• Alien Trenches Chalice w/ 3 "eyes"
  • Ricordea
  • Mushrooms:
    1. Red w/ pink lines and orange dots - flourescent orange
    2. Purple w/ blue dots

[*]Zoas/Palys:

1. Electric Green Taco Palys - flourescent green
    2. Hypno morphs

[*]Acans:

• Superboy Acan

[*]Brain Corals:

• Blue glitter favia

FTS:

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Cuddles:

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

Asterniid: (only HH I've spotted other than algea <_< why cant I get a yuma or something else cool...)

IMG_1972.jpg

Hypnos:

IMG_2024.jpg

Electric Green Tacos:

IMG_2002.jpg

Shrooms:

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

Alien Trenches Cahlice:

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

Yes, I am trigger happy, except for at the range :P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thx peewee...didn't notice it while bothering with all the code: fixed

just got pack from work and fixed the sig. link, but now I have to go and get the car from the shop. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the pics ;)

Lol all of my mindless chatter is gone! Yup new pics are needed for sure.

Indeed, Im procrastinating until I upload my chalice pics and the DC Zoo trip. Also tuesday I should be taking even more pics. of a small acan colony, favia colony, ricordea of some sorts. Thinking about throwing in another favia before it ships, but we'll see. Since I got my ATChalice last tuesday, they newly forming eye, is now much more distinctively becoming a mouth. The shrooms are also just sweeeeet, but they were loosely attatched by whoever fragged em and took em to my LFS, so now I have them in a countainer w/o bridal veil(its rather tall) and several larger peices of rubble. So in a week-two I'll have great shots of em. I grabbed all three frags, 1 baby shroom& 1 medium one, 2 medium ones, and 1thats bigger than a $.50 coin all for $15. I'm thinkin of letting the two smaller sized ones grown, and then turn around and frag the two intermideate ones once they've attatched themselves. Some of the coolest shrooms I've seen so far, but you'll have to be patient for a decent pic.

Cool, like always, I will be waiting ;)

Sounds like you have a lot of cool LPS, I am jealous :)

will have... & you should be :P Oh I know yo u like duncans. These are also on sale by LA, I'm considering tossing that in my oreder from them as well....not sure yet.

just got back from the LFS a couple mins ago (needed some more phyto) and walked around to find a lone asteria/turban snail, not sure which one, and also noticed a lone mushroomin their in tank fuge/rack for their main 220g dispal. It looked nothing like any of the mushrooms they had left so I assume it detatched itself from a colony and just sat there....so I couldn't help myself :D I got it for $3. It justed looked purple but now that its glued to rock(had the full stalk and foot) and under my MH it looks gorgeous. Its almost the size of a dime and hasn't fully opened yet, and is a very vibrant purple instead of the drab it looked at the LFS and is riddled with very vibrant blue dots and I can't wait to see if this lone shroom exhibits florescence as well as my others. Pictures coming later tonight after I run out to work real quick. Also when they got their second SW shipment which is rare that they get two in one week, included a very nice purple plate coral I'm considering...we'll see how much room I have left once I get my acan and favia frag tomorrow :D

pics finally!!!!! also will be updating with my acans, favia, and ric. ......and maybe a purple plate coral if I got the room tomorrow

well currently its only been up a couple weeks, so once I get going, its going to serve as dual purpose for growing corals for my 45 and for sale...on day.

thanks for reading :D My 3 pages from my previous thread got deleted :closedeyes:

Nice setup and sweet frags!

God I always hated the falcon punch such a PITA, then again I was always link, marth or roy. :P

Thanks, I had a samll problem with they hypnos, the main colony after fragging had some issue so only have a couple polyps left other than my frag. I am trying to wait patiently for my new order and really hope it comes in before work.

my orders from Mr.Coral are usually here by now, but then again its been shipped through a dif. rought than usual. thanks FedEx for making me wait even more than necessary.

SWEEEEEET! took an early lunch break to come home and see if the order came in and it did, according to FeedEx tracking info it arrived 4 mins before I got home. The corals are temp acclimating right now, and I'm going to see if the salinity of the h2o in the bags is close enough to mine to see if I can skip drip acclimating. The favia looks greener than in the pic on the site, but we'll see how it is with the MH on in a couple gours when I trun my lights back on(currently only running my LEDs. The acans look f###ing awsome and even better than the picture. The free ric. is hard to tell how it looks cause its closed up, I'm going to see if I can glue it to a piece of rubble since it came loose from the frag during shipping ( and I personally don't like the way frag disks/plugs look) can't wait!! gonna actually grab lunch to let these guys acclimate a bit longer... pics soon :D

pics of the new corals!

favia: w/ tiny featherduster

IMG_2385.jpg

Superboy Acan: 4 heads, two small, two large

IMG_2382.jpg

free ric:

IMG_2388.jpg

I wasn't expecting much in the ways of a free ric but I really love the purple w/ blue and orange bubbles

Def. very satisfied with my order.

just got an extremely sic lobo IMO for $40 at my LFS. temp. acclimating now.

so sadly to say the purple shroom melted away, when I tried to relocate it to my 45 just so it wouldn't start a chain reaction(heard waaaaaaayyyyyyy to many horror stories), it just disintegrated :( If I'm lucky I'll spot another one in their tank they haven't noticed again. on the bright side the ric looks pretty good under the moonlight but the lobo justs looks f###ing amazing.It also looke like he's got a micro brittle hanging out underneath it in the rock, which updates HH list as algea,asterniid star, micro brittle star, micro feather duster.

lobo shortly after acclimating and placed into tank.

IMG_2397.jpg

All your frags are belong to me. (I'm using that until some one gets it.)

I actually played this game just for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AuN6pN1kY

Haha any way. Nice frags, sick Lobo. Now that my tank is slowly coming under my control, maybe I can steal some of these frags from you at a later date.

All your frags are belong to me. (I'm using that until some one gets it.)

I actually played this game just for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AuN6pN1kY

Haha any way. Nice frags, sick Lobo. Now that my tank is slowly coming under my control, maybe I can steal some of these frags from you at a later date.

man I was raised on the old school consols :P

and as long as everything grows well fingerscrossed you'll prob end up with sevral of my frags in your tank ;)

I just listened to a Techno remix for no apparent reason haha.

While my tank crash sucked I see it as an oppurtunity to stick with the nice stuff. Of course, my T5 fixture is having some issues, so I'm back with the old pc fixture for a while.

Something tells me your frags are going to grow out juuust fine. I demand a shot of the lobo when fully inflated.

IMG_2397.jpg

reposted for all the lazy f###s who skip the first page lol :P

Anyways thats the largest its been so far. It's already had one or two brine shrimp tonight and gets 7wpg of light during the day. I hope the micro bs actually comes out seeing as how I have nothing that would prey on it...

but oh man under the moon lights the mouths are yellow and the body is green outlined by a thin white circle and then the outskirts flouresce a blood red. Pristine beauty thousands of years in the making, to have such a lovely specimen end up in my tank :D

and say what you will $40 is a steel for a Lobo this good looking (the current circumfrence is inbtwn a tennis ball and a base ball. I origionally walked in expecting to get a green or purple plate coral and then I saw this and grabbed it.

Might go back for the other one which is purple w/ green outskirts and about 3 times the size although no where near as vibrant. OR I may just by the 20+ "eye 5 to 6" by 3.5" large chalice frag wait till it colours up and then frag a couple small ones of that biatch and then throw the rest in my 45. But I gotta wait for thursdays paycheck and decide whether or not to go w/ a frag pack instead :rollseyes: so many choices and not enough $$$$$.

Archived